Intel 3930K 3960X in stock Newegg, MC

Is anyone really going to go for these considering the minimal performance gain over SB and the huge mark up? I would think most are waiting for IB.

Not available at my Local Microcenter (Boston).

Oh well, I wasn't getting one anyways..

Is anyone really going to go for these considering the minimal performance gain over SB and the huge mark up? I would think most are waiting for IB.

I think the $599 proc is a 6 core/12 thread no? Isn't the i7 a 4 core/8 thread?

Different beast(s)

gtfo

Until something I play/use actually benefits from this, my 2500K is super duper ty. I paid less for the cpu, mobo and ram than I would for one of these cpus lol.

I think we all would be more into SB-E if it wasn't the exact same cost as an I7 2600k + a great mobo just to grab the CPU.

IB isn't going to have a huge performance gain over SB or SB-E. You'll be waiting until Haswell for that.

I got my i7-970 for less than one these. I think it was just under $500. I will stay with my 1366 due to fact I already have it and have the memory maxed out and have had no issues with anything.

Llama[Style];1038017581 said:
it was $549 for a brief period. D:...Still have the page cached on my phone. Price error perhaps? Updated price. Good ol newegg:mad:

Yeah their going to price gouge any chance they get. Their still selling the 2700k for $369.99 when it should be more like $340.

[H]ot deal of the year....based on the reviews I just read from the [H]

Edit: sarcasm intended

Last edited:
Would be awesome to have this but I think my 2500k with 12gb of ram will do just fine for now.

The MC deal throwing in a Corsair H80 with a 3930K isn't that bad, considering how much the H80 usually is by itself. Those motherboard prices, though...I'm turning in my l33t card, because that just makes my wallet whimper like a scalded dog.

Pretty spendy setups. I'm tempted but I'm really liking the performance I get out of my 2500K.

At least Asrock has a few boards at ~230 which look solid and would soften the blow compared to some of the $400 boards.

Pretty spendy setups. I'm tempted but I'm really liking the performance I get out of my 2500K.

At least Asrock has a few boards at ~230 which look solid and would soften the blow compared to some of the $400 boards.

Those only have 4 ram slots. UGH.

I'm so temped to get one of these. With my employee discount the price is a little more than half off! Still, I'd have to spend a lot on the mobo/ram. I'll wait for IB.

Sometimes the lack of [H]ness in these threads surprises me....

Seriously. Things have downright devolved into slickdeals type con artistry and sense of entitlement. Waiting for amazon to make a pricing error and then filling up threads with tears and screenshots of ranting to customer service that they didn't get in on it. Embarrassing.

But I'll admit, the bargain hunters that "don't get" why these new X79 class enthusiast CPU's and mobo's cost what they do is pretty amusing.

Last edited:
Those only have 4 ram slots. UGH.

Extra RAM slots is one of the reasons I was originally holding out for SB-E, but since they pulled the extra SAS ports from X79, I've been seriously meh about it. Maybe I'm less meh and more bitter about it. I thought I could get away without buying a SAS2008-based card.

More power to anyone who needs 32GB of RAM and the extra cores though.

Post pics of your build when you're done sabregan. :p

Seriously. Things have downright devolved into slickdeals type con artistry and sense of entitlement. Waiting for amazon to make a pricing error and then filling up threads with tears and screenshots of ranting to customer service that they didn't get in on it. Embarrassing.

But I'll admit, the bargain hunters that "don't get" why these new X79 class enthusiast CPU's and mobo's cost what they do is pretty amusing.

Truth!

I wonder what the prices on these would have been if bulldozer wasn't a flop...

Either way, my 2500k is perfectly fine.

I CANT STAND ALL THESE SOCKET CHANGES. WHY DOES INTEL DO THAT!! If your gonna buy a new cpu your gonna buy it, but you shouldn't need a new motherboard every fn time

gtfo

Until something I play/use actually benefits from this, my 2500K is super duper ty. I paid less for the cpu, mobo and ram than I would for one of these cpus lol.

i hate it when people use this argument. some people have money burn so some of us could careless about the difference in price, as long as the product better.

I just ordered the 3930k today. I'm upgrading from a processor that came out in Q1 2006, that's old and worth it for me.

I'm sorry but posting this is totally unnecessary. Just because it's now in-stock doesn't mean you need to tell us here. If reviews are available (which most of us read given we're a part of this site) then most of us are smart enough to do a Newegg search.

And agree with above people, SB-E is a waste for average people like you and I, doesn't enrich our usage in any meaningful way compared to 2500/2600/2700K.

These CPU's don't make any dollar sense or common sense. Not with Ivy Bridge coming out in March. Do you know what the hell you can do with aluminum tubing? Errr .. 22nm CPU? Yeah ... 5.5Ghz and beyond perhaps. Who knows.

Why on earth would someone spend that kinda of money now only to have nothing but total regret in 90 days. I mean, seriously? lol

Back