Intel 10nm/7nm CPU/GPU Rumor Thread : Cannonlake, Icelake, Tigerlake, Sapphire Rapids, etc.

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/h...ompute-AVX512-vs-AVX2-Linpack-benchmark-1068/

Example of the difference AVX512 can make.
pic_disp.php

ah yes, only the finest of synthetic, highly cacheable benchmarks.
seriously people, stop using Linpack scores as a benchmark. The memory access patterns are nothing like that of a real-world scientific application. Even the HPC community is beginning to shy away from using Linpack as a benchmark, because a cluster highly optimized for Linpack efficiency is not necessarily easy to use for productive research.

The CPU world is changing faster than I can keep up.

I am not an enthusiast, but I would like to purchase and build a new enthusiast system.

I am still rocking my 2600K from 5+ years ago. It was cutting edge at the time.

This thread is very informative. Thank you!

In basically the same boat Pocatello! Every time a particular architecture is in stock and motherboard prices are decent, the next one is coming down the pipe!

The CPU world is changing faster than I can keep up.

I am not an enthusiast, but I would like to purchase and build a new enthusiast system.

I am still rocking my 2600K from 5+ years ago. It was cutting edge at the time.

This thread is very informative. Thank you!

In basically the same boat Pocatello! Every time a particular architecture is in stock and motherboard prices are decent, the next one is coming down the pipe!

I'm glad it's helpful :)

Keep an eye out for the chipsets to see if they bother to make 10GbE standard. Yeah, I know, I know, but hey we're getting 8 core mainstream from Intel so who knows...

Avoid confusion?

Intel appears to sow confusion in order to increase sales to an ill-informed population.

Avoid confusion?

Intel appears to sow confusion in order to increase sales to an ill-informed population.

Yeah, he is saying that Intel are trying not to avoid confusion, confusing consumer usually means more sales on something that's overpriced.

So if I understand correctly after checking and reading all of this analysis,

A > B?

Intel, ARM deepen foundry ties

Article said:
ARM announced at the event it is extending its partnership with Intel’s foundry business to build IP tailored for the x86 giant’s 22nm FinFET node. It’s a fascinating example of co-opetition from the processor rivals. ARM will deliver IP to enable a Cortex-A55 geared for midrange smartphones to run up to 2.35 GHz or down to 0.45V in its so-called 22FFL process. ARM is already helping make in Intel’s flagship 10nm process a test chip due out before the end of the year using a next-gen Cortex-A SoC running at 3.5 GHz or 0.5V and delivering 0.25mW/MHz. An Intel executive showed road maps first released at a Beijing event in September, giving more details than ever on its foundry and IP plans. Observers said the level of candor was new for Intel but key to establishing a foundry business it has been struggling—largely with its own culture--to stand up for years.

I know I posted these two images before but I never posted the rest so here.

0vAz547.png

8BwlDZo.png

RA8lZLH.png

FSkkjlR.png

z4TsfqF.png

MJQiCWH.png

qDry5Ms.png

Last edited:
What is know about ICL-S so far.

ICL taped out around June. It's a H2 2018 release.

ICL-S is up to 8 cores, Gen11 IGP, DDR4, LPDDR4, AVX512.

Am I reading it correctly that there is no i7-7820x replacement for the foreseeable future?

Am I reading it correctly that there is no i7-7820x replacement for the foreseeable future?

Not until Q4 2018 by the looks of it.

Also it looks like Ice Lake is definitely a 2019 product. I guess that's why we're getting an 8 core Coffee Lake.

It also leaves out any mention of an 8 core coffee lake on this slide. Odd.

They first really appear when they are official. And ICL isn't official yet. Cascade Lake have been shipping in servers for some time.

8C CFL was a rumour. All that was said is 8 cores is coming to Z390 by a 3rd party.

Z390 is technically also lacking from the roadmap.

Z390 is technically also lacking from the roadmap.

Well kinda and not realy, it's not mentioned specifically, the roadmap does state intel 300 series chipset and no longer just the Z370 like it is now, given that the Z390 is to replace the Z370 is might just be part of the 300 series just like the H and B and whatnot series, will have to wait to see the official announcement.

Is the paper being talked about a description of the process used in Cannon already or the refined processes going into Ice or Tiger?

Is the paper being talked about a description of the process used in Cannon already or the refined processes going into Ice or Tiger?

I'd presume the CNL one as they abstract shows pictures of the CNL interconnect.

Intel is using Cobalt in contacts, metal 0, metal 1, and as a cap on metal 2-5 and SAQP just about everywhere. Intel's Falcon Mesa FPGA will be sampling in 2018 on the 10nm node, general availability in 2019. Next gen EMIB and HBM + Shrink and new arch.

Not exactly related but pics of Intel's Nervana Neural Processor.

DQeAOXlX0AAdM8c.jpg

DQd5Vf-X0AEiC6l.jpg

DQZBgf0XUAUN2pm.jpg

DQZBiM6W4AE2Bmo.jpg

DQZBje_WAAAKsYj.jpg

Naveen (Head of Nervana) stated that this was just the tip of the iceberg, performance benchmarks and road maps in the coming months.

Raghunathan is a known AMD stock holder and stock pumper. Also known as Raghu78 on ATF. No wonder he is constantly wrong ;)

Not exactly related but pics of Intel's Nervana Neural Processor.

DQeAOXlX0AAdM8c.jpg

DQd5Vf-X0AEiC6l.jpg

DQZBgf0XUAUN2pm.jpg

DQZBiM6W4AE2Bmo.jpg

DQZBje_WAAAKsYj.jpg

Naveen (Head of Nervana) stated that this was just the tip of the iceberg, performance benchmarks and road maps in the coming months.

That's too big to fit into a T-800

So uhm which cpu would be the first to be release? Zen+(q2 2018) or the rest of the Coffee lakes? Or they get released at the same time? Or Ice lake suddenly appears out of nowhere? Confusing times.

Back