Ikea desk gallery

I thought it was tightening at first, dismantled everything, tightened everything super tight, but still happened couple days later, I then switched over the legs because it may be those, however it still happens on left side.

Basically it must be the frame causing the noise.

Should I put some paper where the noise is to see if that fixes the problem?

that's what i would do. try to shim the area where the noise is coming from. also, make sure the desk is level by adjusting the black feet on the legs.

yeah i've been using the simple VIKA AMON and ANNEFORS combo for a couple yrs now and really love how easy they are to move.... just stack the blocks and carry em after stacking the table tops, nice and easy heh

8694691024_267984b775_h.jpg

thx, there are multiple systems to my right outside of the photo.... that shot is a bit deceiving, not all 3 speaker pairs are for the iMac

Does anyone know if the Galant tops can be used to work with the Vika Moliden legs? I really like those legs, clean.
Looking to do a corner desk with these legs!

Does anyone know if the Galant tops can be used to work with the Vika Moliden legs? I really like those legs, clean.
Looking to do a corner desk with these legs!

if you drill new holes... but the stock holes don't line up.

ive got the T legs on galant now (it used to be A legs), it says that its max is 82cm but i got it at around 79cm where the stop mark is, is that okay or not? when it says stop do they mean after that point or even on it its kind of confusing. because the max is still a good deal above that stop mark. i ask also because that desk and monitor shakes plenty like when typing and what not.

$50 bucks at Ikea for the Linnmon hi-gloss white, legs, and cable management thing. Makes an awesome looking desk! Always wanted my place to look an Apple store ...

guys i see a lot of t legged galants here, how do you keep it balanced and stable? i can cause the whole desk to shake earthquake style using only one finger! i had the A legs previously but I needed to save space and something easy to balance. but all i got is an earthquake. and yea its on carpet.

guys i see a lot of t legged galants here, how do you keep it balanced and stable? i can cause the whole desk to shake earthquake style using only one finger! i had the A legs previously but I needed to save space and something easy to balance. but all i got is an earthquake. and yea its on carpet.

Sounds like your floor is not level.

i moved it around, it does that anywhere in the room. but generally the legs sink deeper into the carpet the further it is from the wall. level or not, the A legs were stable. the t legs i cant get it stable. do you guys fiddle with the feet part? i tried and it still does nothing. if i hold the legs tightly to the ground as i use the desk it still shakes. i have a feeling its something else. also im using a dell monitor, which sways back and forth all the time now. im talking about a 120 x 60 desk here not a corner one.

Last edited:
Sounds like your floor is not level.

i moved it around, it does that anywhere in the room. but generally the legs sink deeper into the carpet the further it is from the wall. level or not, the A legs were stable. the t legs i cant get it stable. do you guys fiddle with the feet part? i tried and it still does nothing. if i hold the legs tightly to the ground as i use the desk it still shakes. i have a feeling its something else. also im using a dell monitor, which sways back and forth all the time now. im talking about a 120 x 60 desk here not a corner one.
There's only one answer... Sinkhole!!

that's because you just like me really put the desk to work I guess, compare to others that probably are very careful, less hours on desk? its does look good on picture for like catalog :p
I personally from experience learned to hate that desk! after I purchased it within a week I sold it, that picture I took & posted was when I sold it on Craigslist! I went back to my trusty tough build Ikea Jerker! :D

Here's a look at our Galant setup. The far end across both windows is roughly 12' across. We're moving out of our apartment and into a house in July, so we'll have to take it all apart and rebuild it.

office.jpg

Here's a look at our Galant setup. The far end across both windows is roughly 12' across. We're moving out of our apartment and into a house in July, so we'll have to take it all apart and rebuild it.

office.jpg

Oh wow, that's sick. I'm extremely jealous and peeked at the same time. I just moved into a house last month and that gives me some ideas ;)

Oh wow, that's sick. I'm extremely jealous and peeked at the same time. I just moved into a house last month and that gives me some ideas ;)

I'm going to miss it; this has been my office for 3 years (I'm an IT consultant that works from home about 65% of the time). Though I'm also excited... our new house has a nice big loft area that we'll be turning into the home office, and I'll have some chances to move the server rack and such into a closet. Currently, our printers are in a closet, but the closet was about an inch too shallow to fit the rack.

I'm going to miss it; this has been my office for 3 years (I'm an IT consultant that works from home about 65% of the time). Though I'm also excited... our new house has a nice big loft area that we'll be turning into the home office, and I'll have some chances to move the server rack and such into a closet. Currently, our printers are in a closet, but the closet was about an inch too shallow to fit the rack.

Heh, I can imagine. I also work in IT from home and my faithful Ikea Jerker, while still awesome, is getting a bit cramped with (2) 2560 x 1440 monitors and a 3rd is out of the question. I Just had to show the wife your setup and she just rolled her eyes... she knows whats up now!

Last edited:
Heh, I can imagine. I also work in IT from home and my faith Ikea Jerker, while still awesome, is getting a bit cramped with (2) 2560 x 1440 monitors and a 3rd is out of the question. I Just had to show the wife your setup and she just rolled her eyes... she knows whats up now!

I'm fortunate... my other half is really supportive. When she moved in, the desk was half that size. She wanted her own side ;-)

I'm fortunate... my other half is really supportive. When she moved in, the desk was half that size. She wanted her own side ;-)

I can't have my woman in the same room with me gaming or doing whatever on the computer. I need my own space.

office.jpg

What kind of rack is that on the right?

What kind of rack is that on the right?

It's a 9U high, 21U deep rack from Rack Solutions (http://www.racksolutions.com/desktop-rack.html), with the optional side panels. I had to go with the full 21U depth to accommodate an older rack mount server, but they have 12U, 15U, or 21U options if your hardware isn't really deep. They sell them as "desktop racks", but the 9U makes for a great under-desk rack. I wanted a 24U, but just didn't have the space.

I've actually been incredibly pleased with it. They advertise that all you need to assemble it is a phillips screwdriver. It comes completely apart, packs completely flat, but it's super sturdy and rigid when built (the corners all interlock).

The service from Rack Solutions was top notch too.

Mine's populated with 1x 1U server, 1x 2U server, 1x 3U shelf (receiver/amplifier), 1x 1U audio mixer (source from 2 servers, 2 laptops, and 2 desktops, into the receiver), and 1x 1U shelf (OOMA and DirecTV Genie Mini). There's also 2x 1U shelves on the back (positioned to not interfere with the server rails), that hold a small UPS, switch, and surge protector. It has been through a few different variations (at one point had a workgroup network printer on top of it, but the printers now reside in a closet). Luckily, the move will give me an excuse to take it apart and redo all of the wiring management and everything.

Looks like an audio / video /network rack, could be wrong. Also how big is that room, I already put my plan into action.

The wall with the double windows is about 12'.... and the entire room is about 12 x 16. Not visible in the picture, is a closet on the left that holds all of our camera equipment, Canon pro photo printer, and a Dell 2150CDN workgroup laser printer. You can just see the red network cable along the left wall which feeds the two printers. On the right, just to the right of the door, is bookshelf like cabinet where the router lives (along with a whole-house audio transmitter), and a glass whiteboard. The whole-house audio stuff is relatively new; it lets us transmit any audio from the office to any other room. We'll have to rethink it a little when we get to the house, I'm not sure our low/mid grade transmitters will have the range we'll need in the new house.

Last edited:
Just finished setting up a Jerker I bought off CL this weekend for $35.

Thanks to the top shelf, I can finally get rid of the little side table that I used for my cable modem, router, and misc.

Now, if I could just find (or make) a side shelf to set my CM 690 II on.

img2153u.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished setting up a Jerker I bought off CL this weekend for $35.

Thanks to the top shelf, I can finally get rid of the little side table that I used for my cable modem, router, and misc.

Now, if I could just find (or make) a side shelf to set my CM 690 II on.

img2153u.jpg
The Jerker! $35 Great Buy!...I have about 6-8 swivel shelves if I'm not mistaken :D

Back