Ikea desk gallery

I just got my hands on a set of Jerker printer arms but they came without screws. I can always go to home depot and get some, but I have no idea how you screw them in. Do they go from the outside of the arm into the frame? Can someone post a picture or explain how it works?

The head of the screw is on the inside of the metal frame and it screws directly into the shelf bracket on the outside of the frame. You don't need any nuts because the bracket on the swivel shelf is internally threaded.

Shitty photo for reference:
zrTPzS9.jpg

These are the screws you want:
xcOFkjw.jpg

Last edited:
guys i just got galant with A legs, i assembled it but with the legs close to each other and not wide from each other like some pics here. Is that okay?

like look at this one, the left side legs is what im talking about which is different from the right side as seen here.
TKbaMNX.jpg

Last edited:
The head of the screw is on the inside of the metal frame and it screws directly into the shelf bracket on the outside of the frame. You don't need any nuts because the bracket on the swivel shelf is internally threaded.

Thanks feetus! That really helped out. I went to Home Depot and they were selling the screws for like $0.89/ea (metric :() so I ended up ordering a box of 50 off amazon for $8. Now I have enough for my arms plus any others I get in the future :]

On a separate note, has anyone had any experience painting their Ikea desks? My Jerker frame is a bit scraped up and rusted so I was going to go over them with some Behr paint/primer I had left over from painting my bedroom. However, the actual desk and shelf parts are made of MDF board and I'm not sure if painting them would leave an undesired texture.

Ive done them at the 50 mark, making it 72.5 cm height with the tabletop i think, is that too short? what do you guys have it at? my height is 5' 8"

Last edited:
Ive done them at the 50 mark, making it 72.5 cm height with the tabletop i think, is that too short? what do you guys have it at? my height is 5' 8"

I have mine at a little over the 90 mark (T-legs). They were at 80 but I raised the desk so that it's surface is even with the bookshelves I have at either end. From the floor to the desktop is 30". Are you using the A-legs or T-legs?

Last edited:
im using A-legs. its at 72 cm overall and i was thinking i should have it 10 cm higher? or whatever 60 or 70 mark. This is the first time i had an adjustable leg desk before it always came with a fixed hight and i never given it much thought.

When I custom built my desk. I made the legs 71". I'm 6'1" and even with the loss of a few inches under th front due to design, I have no issues with proper positioning.

Just got a 63x31 Galant to add onto my existing non-ikea L shaped desk to build "mega desk"... My OCD has determined that I'll be replacing my existing L with a Galant L and it'll be pimp and even more mega desk-ier.

I've also ordered three HP branded Ergotron LX arms, I'll post some pics once I get them. For $70CAD each I couldn't resist.

Last edited:
i found this on the display forums techpoweruser's setup.. I bought it the next day haha.

its a butcher blog on some table legs. sick.

169294_10151698640326996_178831022_o.jpg

2 of the large Vika Amon's on a Galant L shape frame with an extender on each end. Also have a summera computer holder attached.
photo6pb.jpg

Hello;

I'm hoping some one here might be able to help me out. I need to order some T legs from Ikea, but I'm not sure how they attach on their top to the desk. Do they come with any frame as you see on the bottom of the Galant or do they have a top plate or anything?

Or are they simply just the leg and that is it?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Logun

Hello;

I'm hoping some one here might be able to help me out. I need to order some T legs from Ikea, but I'm not sure how they attach on their top to the desk. Do they come with any frame as you see on the bottom of the Galant or do they have a top plate or anything?

Or are they simply just the leg and that is it?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers!
Logun

You have to buy the galant frame so you can attach the A leg or T legs

The frame comes in in different sizes depending on how big your desk is

Sorry I mean what comes with the purchase of the T Leg?
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20056915/

By what mechanism can I attach these tlegs to my desk - what does the top of the leg that attaches to the desk look like?

The legs that come with the purchase of the Galant are the same legs, but they attach to the metal frame underbody on the Galant. So does some sort of frame come with the purchase of just the TLeg or nothing at all and you're left to purchase you own attachment like using a kee klamp:
http://www.simplifiedbuilding.com/store/components/kee-lite/l61-flange.html

Neither - there is a metal frame that screws into the underside of the Galant desk, that's where the legs go:

Ikea Galant by rtangwai, on Flickr

You're lucky - I just bought a used Galant corner desk today and I was assembling an extension for it (got it half off from the "as-is" section) when I took a break to check the forums. That's how I got the picture of how the T-leg attaches, otherwise I would have had to crawl under the desk.

The frame comes with the tabletops so you can't attach a T-leg to any IKEA desk other than a Galant without some hacking around.

i got my desk on sunday night.

been treating it with tung oil. should be able to finish and seal it with wax when i get home from work.

then ill post a pic ;)

2 of the large Vika Amon's on a Galant L shape frame with an extender on each end. Also have a summera computer holder attached.

Was it difficult to put the Vika's on the Galant frame? And any idea how much they cost? Right now I have my holder clamped on to my VIka, but that obviously isn't a very good approach. Does Ikea even sell the frames on their own? I don't see it on their website.

Was it difficult to put the Vika's on the Galant frame? And any idea how much they cost? Right now I have my holder clamped on to my VIka, but that obviously isn't a very good approach. Does Ikea even sell the frames on their own? I don't see it on their website.

If you look at an Ikea Galant online you will see a "product information" tab, click on that and scroll down 'til you see "package measurement and weight", click on "show dimensions...", and your part numbers will show.

photo6pb.jpg

Silly question but what lighting do you have? I need something bright yet soft like yours in my unlit office.

boom !

tung oil finish is completed. ( this is the first wood work i have ever done )

i am going to seal it with wax today after work and set it up and snap another photo. :D

2rqhgde.jpg

boom !

tung oil finish is completed. ( this is the first wood work i have ever done )

i am going to seal it with wax today after work and set it up and snap another photo. :D

Been looking for a suitable option from Ikea for awhile. This is great! Should last forever. I am going to get a 186cm top, with the draw and storage unit :D Thanks for sharing.

Hrm... I applied Boos block oil to my desk, but didn't know about Tung oil.. I wonder if it can be applied even though i have already applies the Boos block mineral oil.

Back