001-6.jpg

002-3.jpg

003-4.jpg

Update to my desk.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i229/hdrisc/Computer/001-6.jpg[/IMG]
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i229/hdrisc/Computer/002-3.jpg[/IMG]
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i229/hdrisc/Computer/003-4.jpg[/IMG]

Very nice and clean! Looks sharp!

For you guys out there with Galants, particularly with A-legs, how does it handle a steering wheel? Is there any significant wobble and is the table massive enough to hold its own against strong inputs and force feedback?

Also, how is the finish on the chrome plated legs? Worth getting?

For you guys out there with Galants, particularly with A-legs, how does it handle a steering wheel? Is there any significant wobble and is the table massive enough to hold its own against strong inputs and force feedback?

Also, how is the finish on the chrome plated legs? Worth getting?

IMO A legs are more sturdy.... But ofcourse T legs looks better

will the galant 120 x 60 be good for a small room? I see some here put their case on desks while others on a floor with some raised platform for support. What is recommended?

will the galant 120 x 60 be good for a small room? I see some here put their case on desks while others on a floor with some raised platform for support. What is recommended?

Whatever works for your situation. The amount of room you have and your budget will decide on how big a desk you use. Wether you put the tower on the desk or floor is also up to you.
I am not a fan of windows in cases so having the tower on the desk and being able to see inside of that case is not something I need to do.

its for a future room, i cant tell if it will fit in it along with other furnature yet. The only problem with case on the ground is dust, not that i know since i have no experience in the matter. the galant is well liked but the A legs make it seem like it will tip off or at least leaning downwards like architect's desk. Also, i dont think im comfortable adjusting each leg precisely to the same height as all the others, seems like a never ending hassel unless the desk makes this easier for you?

Hello Everyone

I would like to advise me a solution to IKEA for a space of 150cm (58.5 inches) long up to 80 cm wide (31.2 inches) and up to 300 cm (117 pulagadas)

In all that space I have to put one or two 27-inch monitors one midtower, some space for writing and various shelves to provide storage.

Thank you very much for your advice

its for a future room, i cant tell if it will fit in it along with other furnature yet. The only problem with case on the ground is dust, not that i know since i have no experience in the matter. the galant is well liked but the A legs make it seem like it will tip off or at least leaning downwards like architect's desk. Also, i dont think im comfortable adjusting each leg precisely to the same height as all the others, seems like a never ending hassel unless the desk makes this easier for you?

You can adjust each leg before assembly. Just make them the same length, you can tweak it after assembly if your floor is unlevel. I got the T legs because I like the look over them compared to the A legs. You can raise the tower off the floor if you are concerned about dust. Either put in on the desk, use the Summera PC holder from Ikea (bolts to the Galant) or build a small shelf like I did.

Hello Everyone

I would like to advise me a solution to IKEA for a space of 150cm (58.5 inches) long up to 80 cm wide (31.2 inches) and up to 300 cm (117 pulagadas)

In all that space I have to put one or two 27-inch monitors one midtower, some space for writing and various shelves to provide storage.

Thank you very much for your advice

Right now I would suggest getting an ikea kitchen countertop and cut it down to desired length if needed. They are dirt cheap on my last visit. As someone mentione earlier in this thread they are clearing some of the kitchen countertops as low as $10. Pair that with Galant T legs, frame and you have a very stable workstation table

What monitor stands are those? Can it handle 3x 27"

25" is the max I believe. The stand is home made using 1.5" galvanized steel pipe and a floor flange. The arm itself is a Chief KTA325B.

Latest setup of 2 Jerker tables.

mc47.JPG

WOW! What a nice find!
I picked mine up from about 45 miles away and 3 flights of stairs.
I got it for $40 from a student at Palmer Chiropractic that just graduated.
Best scroe I ever got!

So here is a pic of my Jerker with my new monitors...with two shelves and two swing arms....

LCDNew by AFChevy, on Flickr

I might still be twelve on the inside, but there's just something about the phrase "pic of my jerker"...

Nice set up, btw.

I might still be twelve on the inside, but there's just something about the phrase "pic of my jerker"...

Nice set up, btw.

I can see where the confusion may be...I should have put "so to speak" in there...Thanks for the compliment.

Redid some cables:

img23302.jpg

Brendan

I have a question about that lower extension on the left side of the desk that holds your computer. Is that custom made or did it come with the desk? Can that thing accommodate a Corsair 800D?

Ahhh thanks. According to the specs it looks like the 800D is 2 inches too high to fit in that thing. Bummer.

Got my Galant back in June and I had been using a removable sticky mousepad on it since then. I removed it today and noticed that underneath it the wood has discolored (presumably from the sunlight).

IMG_1057.JPG

I cannot remember, but I believe this is the shade of wood the desk was when I got it but it's hard to tell. Which is why I was thinking that it's from the sun.

Here is a pic of the mousepad I had on there (this is a second new one I have).

IMG_1058.JPG

I suppose the discoloration could be caused from the sticky chemical in the mousepad, but I've used these type of mousepads currently and in the past on an IKEA Fredrik without problem, although I know that's a different type of wood.

Just curious if anyone has noticed sunlight discoloration or similar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Discoloration is the entire desk, the area under the mousepad is the original color. Its from the sun and UV light.

Ya thanks for clarifying, I explained that poorly. It's a bummer that this wood is susceptible to sunlight. Guess I just put this 2nd new mousepad I have over the top of where I had the old one and call it a day. ;)

Discoloration is the entire desk, the area under the mousepad is the original color. Its from the sun and UV light.

How would you even begin loading it though... taking some measurements and it's that corner part that is screwing me up. I would be buying used so no box or anything.

I have an ikea galant desk that's just the straight piece. I want to extend what I already have by adding a corner piece. But what I want is to have the fat piece immediately curve and have the long side be the skinny depth. I made a quick run to the store and all I saw there and in the pamphlet were corners that the fat (deep) side was the long side.

a9d4_1.jpg

I want this corner but switched where the side closest to the camera is the deep side with the other side being skinny.

I could swear I've seen them in photos but didn't seem like they sold them at the store.

did you put extra veneer on that desk? the color looks great, i dont like the pale wood color.

I just got my hands on a set of Jerker printer arms but they came without screws. I can always go to home depot and get some, but I have no idea how you screw them in. Do they go from the outside of the arm into the frame? Can someone post a picture or explain how it works?

I have an ikea galant desk that's just the straight piece. I want to extend what I already have by adding a corner piece. But what I want is to have the fat piece immediately curve and have the long side be the skinny depth. I made a quick run to the store and all I saw there and in the pamphlet were corners that the fat (deep) side was the long side.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/wiretap25/Temp/a9d4_1.jpg

I want this corner but switched where the side closest to the camera is the deep side with the other side being skinny.

I could swear I've seen them in photos but didn't seem like they sold them at the store.

I think the one in your picture is the corner left. Wouldn't what you're looking for just be a corner right? The corner-left and corner-rights are just flipped over versions of each other. Maybe what you're looking for is a corner right with an extension. Proportionally, it's what you're looking for, albeit bigger than what you expected. You can always check Ikea's site for all the versions. There area lot of versions in Galant series.

Kaos, your setup is ingenious. I wanted more space so I've been looking for a decked out Jerker with shelves and arm units, but the way you have it set up, everything's hanging around the edge so you have your entire desktop open. I don't think I've seen anyone else do that with theirs. Looks great man!

Last edited:
Selling my old Jerker (black/gray). Great condition. For all of you Jerker fans, what should I price this thing at on Craigslist? Nobody in my area has one listed, so I can't find any comparables.

Yeah, I know this is an odd thread to ask this question. :p

Selling my old Jerker (black/gray). Great condition. For all of you Jerker fans, what should I price this thing at on Craigslist? Nobody in my area has one listed, so I can't find any comparables.

Yeah, I know this is an odd thread to ask this question. :p

I wouldn't say it's that odd. A few people are always looking for Jerkers around here and if you can hook up with someone and make them happy, that's all the better. But why would you want to get rid of such an amazing desk? :(

It really depends on what you have and where you live. They've become pretty rare over time so even bigger cities only see a few a month. I've seen the basic desk with a single shelf for free a few times in the SF bay, but mostly in the $60 range. If you have the extender+shelf, you can tack on more. The arms are the most rare of the pieces so if you have those, you can add quite a bit. I would say a decked out desk with 2 shelves, an extender, and two arms in very good condition could sell for as much as $200 in a place where it never shows up. Some people might also be willing to pay the shipping to have parts sent out. What do you have and where do you live?

I wouldn't say it's that odd. A few people are always looking for Jerkers around here and if you can hook up with someone and make them happy, that's all the better. But why would you want to get rid of such an amazing desk? :(

It really depends on what you have and where you live. They've become pretty rare over time so even bigger cities only see a few a month. I've seen the basic desk with a single shelf for free a few times in the SF bay, but mostly in the $60 range. If you have the extender+shelf, you can tack on more. The arms are the most rare of the pieces so if you have those, you can add quite a bit. I would say a decked out desk with 2 shelves, an extender, and two arms in very good condition could sell for as much as $200 in a place where it never shows up. Some people might also be willing to pay the shipping to have parts sent out. What do you have and where do you live?

Thanks for the info. I have the desk with the high supports and upper shelf, along with the primary working space. This one here. Different color obviously. No other attachments for it. Living in Pittsburgh PA.

My reason for selling is that I bought a Galant a few months ago and just don't have any space in my apartment for another desk. The Galant fits my "sprawling" work environment a bit better, haha. I thought about going all "Ikea Hacker" on it, to extend the Galant, but I figured that I shouldn't deprive anyone of this thing now that they're discontinued.

Back