Ikea desk gallery

I honestly couldn't tell you... I couldn't find them on the Ikea website, so after a little bit of Googling "Lack Zig-Zag" it seems they're no longer available online.

I haven't been to my local store in a while, so I also couldn't tell you if they're still available there or not. They may have been discontinued. :(

None at the Atlanta Ikea, the only lack shelves are regular shelves.

Desk on the left is an IKEA Jonas w/pull-out panel, I decided to leave out the pull-out panel for appearance reasons (I wouldn't have used it anyway). The piece on the right is just a bunch of the black/brown LACK side tables stacked on top of one another and secured with L-hinges from Home Depot (spray-painted black).

Desktop:

i7 2600K
16GB RAM
64GB Crucial M4 SSD
5TB total (divided into two 2.5TB dynamic disks)
2x GTS 450's

3x HP W2207H (21.5", 1680x1050)

Laptop:

Latitude E6400
Core 2 Duo T9600 (2.8 Ghz)
64GB Samsung 830 SSD

16GB iPad 2 (Wi-Fi only)

rsz_2photo.jpg

rsz_photo_%281%29.jpg

rsz_photo_%282%29.jpg

Last edited:
The Lack tables also hold rack-mounted equipment quite well. Maybe another tip for Angry_Bird's current setup ;)

I just want to verify if this can handle 3x 27" monitor.. thanks
Thanks for all the positive comments on the mount. The mount is made of the following.

18" x 1.5" Galvanized steel pipe threaded on one end
Chief KTA325B Triple Monitor Arm http://www.chiefmfg.com/Products/kta325b
1.5" Floor Flange
4 Bolts, washers, nuts

It should right cuz spesification said can handle 3 monitor that has a width of 25" which is the 27" monitors, am i right?

Desk on the left is an IKEA Jonas w/pull-out panel, I decided not to leave off the pull-out panel for appearance reasons (I wouldn't have used it anyway). The piece on the right is just a bunch of the black/brown LACK side tables stacked on top of one another and secured with L-hinges from Home Depot (spray-painted black).

Desktop:

i7 2600K
16GB RAM
64GB Crucial M4 SSD
5TB total (divided into two 2.5TB dynamic disks)
2x GTS 450's

3x HP W2207H (21.5", 1680x1050)

Laptop:

Latitude E6400
Core 2 Duo T9600 (2.8 Ghz)
64GB Samsung 830 SSD

16GB iPad 2 (Wi-Fi only)

The lack table bookshelf is totally great. I will try to do one. Can i get some pictures of the L hinges attachement?

new to this fourm but i have been checking all these desks out for a while now and will hopefully be geting the ikea fredric soon will post pictures when i get it:)))

How positive are you? And why did they say " can handle 3 monitor that has a width of 25"... do you own one? and have tested it?

I own two Planar mounts. Spec in my sig. Anyway, they post the screen size which is always larger than the width. For example, my mount's spec calls for a max monitor size of 24". However, even though my monitors are 24"ers, the actual size of my monitors is 22.5".

But, I'm at the limits of the mount. It will not fit anything larger. There is no more room. All of these mounts are spec'd the same.

The Chieftec model you looked at specs a max screen size of 25". It only has 26" between mounts. The length of the bar is 53.2". three 25" screens (approx. 23.75" wide) measure 71.25". Factor in the fact that brackets don't go all they way to the end and the curvature of the bar, you cannot mount anything larger than 25" screens.

But, if you don't believe me, go ahead and spend the money. I'll be here to say I told you so.

How positive are you? And why did they say " can handle 3 monitor that has a width of 25"... do you own one? and have tested it?

Take a look at this post, it is all about that mount you were asking about.

If you see my sig, I have that exact mount and I am using 3 - 24" monitors and still have some room on both sides of the bar with my setup. :)

I love these ikea desks. I am tempted to get a vika amon corner piece at the portland, or store before I go back to school after break. Then in the spring when I graduate buy some addons to it.

The lack table bookshelf is totally great. I will try to do one. Can i get some pictures of the L hinges attachement?

Hey sorry for the late response, I haven't been on here too much during the holidays.

This I basically what they look like, ask the guy at home depot or lowes for an l-shaped bracket and they should know what you're talking about. Try to get one with two screw holes for each surface (4 total), it will make it much sturdier and less prone to shifting.

IMG_0395.JPG

OK i know the lenth of the bar is only 53.2" and in 25" monitor you need to know that the bar dont have to be 71.25' cuz the mount is not even all the way to the side fo the monitor, i dont know if im explaning my right.
I own two Planar mounts. Spec in my sig. Anyway, they post the screen size which is always larger than the width. For example, my mount's spec calls for a max monitor size of 24". However, even though my monitors are 24"ers, the actual size of my monitors is 22.5".

But, I'm at the limits of the mount. It will not fit anything larger. There is no more room. All of these mounts are spec'd the same.

The Chieftec model you looked at specs a max screen size of 25". It only has 26" between mounts. The length of the bar is 53.2". three 25" screens (approx. 23.75" wide) measure 71.25". Factor in the fact that brackets don't go all they way to the end and the curvature of the bar, you cannot mount anything larger than 25" screens.

But, if you don't believe me, go ahead and spend the money. I'll be here to say I told you so.

And is Sparkyy's link said it will fit!

Ok that post said 3x 27" monitor will fit! But WRA18th stated that it will not fit! Im confuse!
Take a look at this post, it is all about that mount you were asking about.

If you see my sig, I have that exact mount and I am using 3 - 24" monitors and still have some room on both sides of the bar with my setup. :)

ug0tserved; that link was to owners that have that exact same bar, the same bar I am using as well, I attached a pictured of the bar with my 3 - 24" monitors mounted so you can see the space left over using just 24" monitors.

Hopefully this help you see how much space I have on each side of my mounts.

Thanks alot... i guess ill take my chances since the pink you gave said that his 27" monitor fits.
ug0tserved; that link was to owners that have that exact same bar, the same bar I am using as well, I attached a pictured of the bar with my 3 - 24" monitors mounted so you can see the space left over using just 24" monitors.

Hopefully this help you see how much space I have on each side of my mounts.

Hey sorry for the late response, I haven't been on here too much during the holidays.

This I basically what they look like, ask the guy at home depot or lowes for an l-shaped bracket and they should know what you're talking about. Try to get one with two screw holes for each surface (4 total), it will make it much sturdier and less prone to shifting.

IMG_0395.JPG

thanks! very neat

Really nice! The shelves in the wall, do you have to find and stud in ther? or just screw in straight in the wall?

Really nice! The shelves in the wall, do you have to find and stud in ther? or just screw in straight in the wall?

I'd recommend finding a stud if you're putting anything on them. You probably could use drywall anchors, but I wouldn't. I have quite a bit on the exact same shelf in my office, it's quite a bit of weight.

Hey ug0tserved...ya two of the screws are in Studs while the other two are anchored in with Sheetrock anchors. Its really sturdy, but i wouldnt put a Ton of weight on it. I really love the shelf and lights

Can we get some pics of your desk cable management?
Some pics of my cable managment...nothing fancy. I did mount the switch to the mounted lights on the shelf under the desk right by where i sit so i can easily turn on and off the lights!!
158av4p.jpg

20hwl6e.jpg

1zywyut.jpg

szd2fm.jpg

10xh7i1.jpg

2gy0z1e.jpg

is the desk strong enough to handle like 3x 27" monitors? hoes the wood quality? im planning on gwetting this cuz its cheaper than the Galant! thanks
And done.This thing turned out way more massive than I planned but I'm in love.

Not bad for ~$200 closer to $150 if I didn't break down for those dang awesome LED Dioders, a cheese grater, wisk, and lucky bambo :) .

IMAG0305.jpg

IMAG0306.jpg

IMAG0307.jpg

Got rid of those pesky legs you guys mentioned.

IMAG0301.jpg

IMAG0302.jpg

Anyone tried those VIKA desk? hows the wood quality? is it easy to get scratch or to peal? thanks

On the Frederik, have any of you guys removed that two panels that connect the two legs? I find that it makes getting to my plugs, the back of my computer, etc. a major pain. If they aren't really necessary for support or anything, I might take them out.

Back