Ikea desk gallery

Setup-4.jpg

Will take more pix as time goes by...Keep up the Jerker pix!

What log in screen/wallpaper is that?

do ikea still sell this?
The good thing about IKEA is you can create your own custom look!...
The bad thing about IKEA once they stop contract with manufacturer your "dekcuf"

You will be lookin' for parts on Craigslist!...Like The Classic Jerker Desk!...Which has been
IKEA's best product you can buy to bad!:(...

Through Craigslist I got to purchase 3 extra Jerker Desk @ $40.00 all came with extra parts that are hard to find!:D

This is my Galant Corner Desk with custom build monitor stand from IKEA just took a half round end turned it into a monitor stand...Now for sale for $150.00...Its nice but not
solid as a Jerker Desk!....Now these desks does not come with hutch you would have to buy it else where or create your own custom hutch from IKEA they do have matching
Black/Brown wall units that would look good!...You just gotta get creative!

DSC00001.jpg

I really like the CPU holders and the printer shelf. I wish those desks weren't ~$300. A good desk these days is expensive.

I really like the CPU holders and the printer shelf. I wish those desks weren't ~$300. A good desk these days is expensive.

thanks! the shelf was a nice addition to the setup. here is what it looked like before:

2l895yv.jpg

img3418.jpg

i also added the 63" table to the right side of the desk for my wife. the modular design of the galant series is what sold me, regardless of the price. now i just need to get her a chair so she will stop sitting in my lap while i'm working. ;)

Last edited:
Let's ignore the trolls for the moment. :rolleyes:

Anyway, ideally I'd want my CPU at the end of the desk (to show off), but Ikea is lacks a complex design dedicating such a specific space.

the CPU holders can be placed almost anywhere on the frame, including at the very end of the desk. they are versatile.

Let's ignore the trolls for the moment. :rolleyes:

Anyway, ideally I'd want my CPU at the end of the desk (to show off), but Ikea is lacks a complex design dedicating such a specific space.

Oh, there's nothing wrong with computer trays, I just hate that they're called "CPU holders" because well...on this forum a CPU is a chip and a "CPU holder" would hold something like a...CPU. Not what I'd call a entire computer or rig. It's a misnomer! :p

God I must bored.

Yeah, it's CPU holder .. it just doubles up as a PSU holder, RAM holder, case holder, SSD/HDD holder, etc. ;)

I'm running two 24s and a FT02, so I've been looking at the corner-extended Galant table; I've seen some Jerker desks go for about 40-60 locally but..yeah it looks like it'll cause a little trouble with both my monitors.

I'm running two 24s and a FT02, so I've been looking at the corner-extended Galant table; I've seen some Jerker desks go for about 40-60 locally but..yeah it looks like it'll cause a little trouble with both my monitors.
You can have two 24' just put the case on a swivel shelve @ the height you like...Had it like that before...Or get the http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20135300#/60135299/
& set up The Jerker to the height of that simple....Just look @ my pic...I would sell you my Galant setup if ya lived in the city NYC that is....Good Luck with your setup!

It's called Jerker. No, IKEA does not carry it anymore. Your best bet is probably craigslist ... or check out IKEA Frederick.

You'll likely have the issue you're thinking about as Vika is not solid wood (I had the issue with an Ergotron mount and Michael desk, and Ergotron has larger footprint). It might work Ok if you can put steel plates on each side to distribute the clamping force.

just got a vika amon table for a desk. Was wondering if it is strong enough (from other people's experience) to mount a monitor on it using a desk mount from monoprice. http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10828&cs_id=1082808&p_id=5402&seq=1&format=2
I'm using a hp2509b....any help would be awesome. Don't want to mount it and it break cause I know its not "real" wood. Thanks.

I agree with cyberkost...

You'll likely have the issue you're thinking about as Vika is not solid wood (I had the issue with an Ergotron mount and Michael desk, and Ergotron has larger footprint). It might work Ok if you can put steel plates on each side to distribute the clamping force.

If you can, get a wall-mounted bracket instead. If not, then I'd definitely use some sheet metal if you must use a desk-mounted bracket.

While the Jerker was nice, it had its run. Good, solid, (but heavy), desk that was honestly a PITA putting it together if you didn't have anyone to help you.

why they stop making the jerker?
IKEA is stupid!!!...The Jerker was discontinued do to a disagreement with the manufacture...IKEA did not want to pay extra for the most popular solid build selling desk IKEA ever had!...
With the refusal to give in they went with another manufacture who brought in the flimsy Fredrik...Now the bad thing about IKEA is every 1-2 years most product like every other batch is sold, there will be no more!...Newer & Cheaper Material will hit the rack!

The Jerker is very easy to assemble with or without manual...basically any height you want
anyone that cant assemble that table are stupid with no logic sense!...

The Galant is way over price! compare to The Jerker!...The Jerker - $129.00 + $10.00 for each extra part - Swivel Shelves, Comp Holder, Shelve & $30.00 for Drawer unit

The Galant Corner - $275.00 with T-Legs!...Thats it
The Galant Corner - $380.00 with ( 2 half-round end )...Thats it...Add extra parts - Comp Holder $17.99 - Galant Drawer unit $160.00 ----> $557.99 not including Tax! <----

If you see The Jerker Desk with Extra parts on Craigslist for $40.00 - $100.00 in great condition get it its a steal!!!...You wont regret it!...Trust me on that!...Like I said I had 4 of them got'em on Craigslist each under $80.00...
Sold one for $150.00 the other for $200.00...Made a good profit!...You get Jerker fans all the time looking for desk!...Just bought another one for $40.00 Beech Veneer with extra parts good condition!...Will sell it for $150.00 trust me!

I'm tryin' to sell my Galant Corner Desk $380.00 with ( 2 half-round end ) Desk pad, curved, black + Self made matching' Custom Monitor Stand...I dropped it down to $150.00 & yet not one buyer!!!!!?????

If your looking for The Galant Corner Desk buy it through The Craigslist!...

Don't get me wrong The Galant Corner Desk is a nice clean looking setup but not for this gamer!

I just got a new ikea desk, new chair, new PC, and new monitor/speakers. Basically, everything new, haha. It's dark right now so a picture would just kind of be shitty, so tomorrow I'll take a pic and upload it for you guys.

I am going to sell my monitor, though, I just kind of want a nice big HDTV instead. I used to use a 42" plasma and it was too hot/big for me, but it was a 2008 model, I'm getting a 50" 3D Plasma in a week or two though :D

I just got a new ikea desk, new chair, new PC, and new monitor/speakers. Basically, everything new, haha. It's dark right now so a picture would just kind of be shitty, so tomorrow I'll take a pic and upload it for you guys.

I am going to sell my monitor, though, I just kind of want a nice big HDTV instead. I used to use a 42" plasma and it was too hot/big for me, but it was a 2008 model, I'm getting a 50" 3D Plasma in a week or two though :D
K00L!...Lets see that pic....You say 42' Plasma was to Hot / Big...But you want a 50' Plasma!...l0l...
I would personally go with LCD or LED over a Plasma TV...I know Plasma are cheap in price well you get what you pay for compare to LCDs & LEDs good thing about technology
the price are dropping on LCDs & LEDs if you do go with either one @ least make sure its 120Hz - even better 240Hz!

I am getting a Galant desk for an additional desk. However, I like the summera computer holder but on the Ikea website they do not give the dimensions of the holder plate base. Whoever has one of the computer holders what is the widest case that it will hold?

Thanks

So I made up my IKEA clone desk using two numerar tabletops, two lack shelves, some capita brackets and A-tablelegs. Thanks to GigantoR for the inspiration!

IMAG0010.jpg

IMAG0009-1.jpg

newdesk.jpg

Sorry for the phone cam pics, I don't own a better camera. Cable management is pending some shuffling around, I'm planning on upgrading the computer very soon.

Last edited:
Sorry guys, if this has been asked before, but I am planning on getting a rectangular Galant shown in this. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S19852113#/S39837013/

I am just wondering how much weight can it support? I am planning on putting a 32" HDTV, couple 15lb speakers, receiver, and other things, possibly adding 2 monitor. The table is made of particle board, which is not that strong at all, but people seem to be putting many things on theirs. And also, does the difference in T-Leg and A-Leg make a difference in terms of support?

There's a steel frame under the particle board .. so it'll likely hold the weight.
A-legs are better from stability standpoint, but T-legs are better ergonomically (you won't bump your knees into them nearly as often if you use a chair on casters)

So I made up my IKEA clone desk using two numerar tabletops, two lack shelves, some capita brackets and A-tablelegs. Thanks to GigantoR for the inspiration!

http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv130/cmdrogogov/Desk project/IMAG0010.jpg
http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv130/cmdrogogov/Desk project/IMAG0009-1.jpg
http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv130/cmdrogogov/Desk project/newdesk.jpg

Sorry for the phone cam pics, I don't own a better camera. Cable management is pending some shuffling around, I'm planning on upgrading the computer very soon.

"I am Dalek! Exterminate! Exterminate!"

Back