Ikea desk gallery

Looked at the Fredrik at Ikea a few days ago and couldn't buy one as much as I wanted to. I'm 6'6" tall and sometimes like to lean back in my chair and stretch my legs out under the desk. With the wide piece that ties the legs together, no way I could do this. So no Fredrik for me.

Found a Galant on Craigslist for $150 with a few extra pieces. Picking that up today and will try to find some Lack shelves to put on the wall above it. Should work out nicely.

Thanks to all who posted their photos in this giant thread. They were very inspirational, informative, and fun to look at.

E

For those who have the Lack + Capita stand setup, I'm wondering if it's better for stability to mount the legs a little closer to the middle or if I should mount the legs closer towards the corner like Mr. Green did. Any thoughts?

I had my Capita 4" legs installed about 4 - 6 inches inwards from the sides and about half an inch in from the front and rear of the Lack shelf. I didn't have any problems.

This is of course counting the edge of the base of the legs, not the leg itself.

I now have Ekby Jarpen to replace my Lack shelf (which is on the wall now) and i have it staggered so I can reduce any chance of warping of the shelf board itself. It is still stable.

Not sure if I made any sense in this post :p

Just got 2 new Vika tables with pine table tops, $80 a pop. My last table was also a vika, but a black-brown laminate that appeared dirty the day after wiping.

Main complaint is that the Vika individual legs are quite rocky. Get any typing/vibration or writing motion going, and my monitor starts dancing. Thinking about buying a few 2x4s, making my own legs and bracing. Too bad I didn't think outside the box and buy a $60 all pine kitchen table at Ikea that's the same size and cheaper.

i really want a jerker....

I need a desk wide enough for 2 monitors that are 28'' wide (not diaginal) to sit side by side.

Got myself a jerker and loving it so far.:cool:

fnhjjc.jpg

you got the "white" jerker! how do u like it? is it "white"? :D:)

Well it does take some searching..because when i searched craigslist for "jerker" or "Ikea desk" it didn't come up as any. But if you just search for "computer desk" and then painstaking scour each photograph for a jerker success seems more imminent... takes a bit longer, but better results.

Well it does take some searching..because when i searched craigslist for "jerker" or "Ikea desk" it didn't come up as any. But if you just search for "computer desk" and then painstaking scour each photograph for a jerker success seems more imminent... takes a bit longer, but better results.

I found one of my by searching for 'Ikea Desk"

Went to Ikea a couple days ago. Picked up a couple vika amon table tops and curry legs for myself. Girlfriend got all fancy with the glasholm and annefors.

4843678918_be282f6986_b.jpg

4843678970_5119840969_b.jpg

4843679020_eb1cef78de_b.jpg

Went to Ikea a couple days ago. Picked up a couple vika amon table tops and curry legs for myself. Girlfriend got all fancy with the glasholm and annefors.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4133/4843678918_be282f6986_b.jpg[/IMG]
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4106/4843678970_5119840969_b.jpg[/IMG]
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4087/4843679020_eb1cef78de_b.jpg[/IMG]

That looks great! I like the simplicity of it all.:cool:

Went to Ikea last week to help my brother and his wife pick up some closet systems. While I was there, I managed to finally get a new desk.

Went from this:
deskjr.jpg

to this:
desk2h.jpg

Need to clean up the mess of wires, I know.

Last edited:
I'm in the market for a Galant corner desk and was hoping someone here would know if this would fit in a Honda Fit. I'm taking it to school so I need to be able to fit it in that car.

I'm in the market for a Galant corner desk and was hoping someone here would know if this would fit in a Honda Fit. I'm taking it to school so I need to be able to fit it in that car.

It should when it is broken down,

New to this forum but was at ikea this week and got this for my workspace. I also just built my new comp. I love how there so much room on the desk now, use half for comp and other had for work and reading.

IMG_0676.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

IMG_0682.jpg

I just picked up an IKEA Jerker from craigslist. I don't have pictures of it since my camera broke last week. But now I'm looking for 2 swivel shelves for it. I also picked up the IKEA Jerker Drawers, but I think they're for the Jerker table which I am assuming just based off of the instructions I found online. If anyone wants them, I wouldn't mind selling or perhaps trading them for swivel shelves. The box is a bit busted, but they people selling them said that they haven't been used.

Here's my fredrik. The ikea only had the dark version for some reason I don't even think they carried the full-height birch one. I wanted the dark one anyway so sweet. I rebuilt it a few times to get it just the way I wanted it. The thing is super sturdy. Cable chase is great. Still need to clean up some wiring.

dsc00109s.jpg
|
dsc00110t.jpg

@ herfalerf there were only three sets of these made,i was very lucky to get them :)

DSCF0820.jpg

DSCF0821.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Back