Ikea desk gallery

Ran down to Ikea today.

Mikaels were on sale for $30/each! I picked up two of them.

I also bought two Signums. Has anyone had any experiences mounting anything under a Mikael?

Lack Shelves (Black-Brown) seem to not exist anywhere, I was upset.

When I do get my Lack Shelves, how are people running the Dioder cables through the shelf?
They are mostly hollow.

Ran down to Ikea today.

Mikaels were on sale for $30/each! I picked up two of them.

I also bought two Signums. Has anyone had any experiences mounting anything under a Mikael?

Lack Shelves (Black-Brown) seem to not exist anywhere, I was upset.

When I do get my Lack Shelves, how are people running the Dioder cables through the shelf?

I am kind of nervous about the Signum and this flimsy Mikael Desk particle board.

I may cut some black bed sheets and staple gun them to the support board in the middle.

With the lack of direct lighting under the desk this would probably look decent, and then I would not have to really organize the wires, but just hide them. :D

Any one any ideas on how to lift my monitors up a bit ?
i had them on the lack shelf with legs but don't like it any more

I can say I am official a member of the ikea desk gallery. I went and bought a Fredrick earlier tonight. I bought the sigmund cable management as well. Pics will come soon once I clean up the rats nest.

Really liking this desk, so much better than my old desk that was about to kick the bucket.

I had an idea for a cheap L-shape desk.

I am wondering if it is possible to attach an Expedit desk (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20116071) to a Mikael desk (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40079218). Anyone else tried something like this?

Before I drive the 30 miles through Atlanta traffic I wanted to see if this is possible.

Example:

deskd.png

The Expedit Desk actually comes with a set of clamps used to secure it to the Expedit Shelf. The way the clamps are designed (kind of screws into the wood), it should be able to work with something thicker like the Mikael desk.

Last edited:
Hey BlackWidow nice setup! I was wondering what speakers ya got there? Do they sound decent? Looks fantastic! :)

where did u get the wallpaper ?
Pretty sick setup lad.

Thanks, I actually don't have the link to the original wallpaper, I know I got it off of deviantart somewhere. It was a long time ago though.

But I uploaded it and you can get it Here

Galant Corner Left Table (My Desk)
Galant Desk (Wife's Desk)
Mikael Computer table with casters (Printer / Server Desk)

4226821481_76f3256538_b.jpg

My Desk:
4227591498_5000124661_b.jpg

Wife's Desk:
4227591220_0d30a05c34_b.jpg

Last edited:
Great red/black theme! Did you get that desk pad for your Galant at IKEA? I've been looking for something exactly like it. I thought it was only available in the style on your wife's desk.

EDIT: Found it!

Trilic, VERY sexy set-up. Is that leather pad on your wife's desk from IKEA? I was looking to buy it to keep my...erm..."arm prints" off my black Jerker. Would you recommend it?

My Desk:

What part number is that semi-circle extension to the left of galant desk? I've been trying to add one to mine but couldn't find it!!! No need to reposition t-legs right?

Trilic, VERY sexy set-up. Is that leather pad on your wife's desk from IKEA? I was looking to buy it to keep my...erm..."arm prints" off my black Jerker. Would you recommend it?

Absolutely, I have one for my Desk, and I used the other one before I got this corner desk. I love them, and they double as mouse pads if you want. its $29 bucks.

Sweet. Thanks. Is that all I need to attach it to my desk?? Or do I need to get a some sort of fixing apparatus with it?

The blue knob is Griffin's Powermate. I use it to control volumes and when I use garageband to edit my vocal recordings. :D

Yeah, you have to get the frame for it as well. Cant find it atm though.

Absolutely, I have one for my Desk, and I used the other one before I got this corner desk. I love them, and they double as mouse pads if you want. its $29 bucks.

Nice, looks like I got a few things to pick up on my next trip to IKEA. :D

Yeah, you have to get the frame for it as well. Cant find it atm though.

I believe the $40 price reflects both the extension and the mounting hardware/frame. If you were to ask for it in the store, they'd give you a printout of the item ("GALANT Extension top half-round with frame") which then includes a breakdown of everything you need to grab that's included.

I believe the $40 price reflects both the extension and the mounting hardware/frame. If you were to ask for it in the store, they'd give you a printout of the item ("GALANT Extension top half-round with frame") which then includes a breakdown of everything you need to grab that's included.

good call. it does say "WITH FRAME"

sorry i didn't know they were gonna be that bad. sorry for all that had to view that.

I think that's the smaller version of the Fredrik, so it makes the monitor look that much more massive. Looks like a 30" to me!

4226821481_76f3256538_b.jpg

My Desk:

Wife's Desk:
4227591220_0d30a05c34_b.jpg

I might be getting that corner desk soon, how is it with th elbows??? do you find them hanging off a lot?

I misread, thought you had TWO 22's and one 26. Then yes they would fit. But if you get the corner Galant, you have more room to grow if you ever need too.

Here's my right hang curve Galant. If I didn't have the side extension, it still holds alot. one 17", one 19", bookshelf speakers around my 28", and then a 22" in portrait on a desk clamp.
4035208726_e59cdfffd3_b.jpg

WHAT IS THAT CHAIR CALLED?! and where did you get it from?

DSCN2271.jpg

got it for $49 at scratch and dent.. only thing that was wrong with it was it looked like someone at put their knee through the bottom of the top of the desk.. can't see it unless you're on the floor.

wish it wasn't white, but for $49 i ain't gonna complain.

Back