- Joined
- Jul 17, 2006
- Messages
- 21,828
Are those two Vika's? I was planning on doing almost that same thing this week, do you have any other pics?
I had a couple vika's in an L-shape:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1034120004&postcount=534
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Are those two Vika's? I was planning on doing almost that same thing this week, do you have any other pics?
Did you have 4 legs on each table? I am concerned about having the corner under the desk open the only reason I ask, if there is room under there with the 4 legs that would be great because I would really rather not have to worry about losing stability, I was going to do 3 legs on each table.I had a couple vika's in an L-shape:
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1034120004&postcount=534
Did you have 4 legs on each table? I am concerned about having the corner under the desk open the only reason I ask, if there is room under there with the 4 legs that would be great because I would really rather not have to worry about losing stability, I was going to do 3 legs on each table.
![]()
NEW DESK GET!
I love this desk. It's great. Going to IKEA was fun, too. Though now there's like 20 things I want, and I don't have the money for all of it. XD
Are those two Vika's? I was planning on doing almost that same thing this week, do you have any other pics?
Here's my contribution:
Fredrik, 128CM version.
I'm about to go look at a Jerker desk this weekend, judging from the pictures, it looks like its in mint condition and well cared for. The only problem is that he's asking $75 for the Jerker which I think is a little steep, should I talk him to down to $50?
I'm about to go look at a Jerker desk this weekend, judging from the pictures, it looks like its in mint condition and well cared for. The only problem is that he's asking $75 for the Jerker which I think is a little steep, should I talk him to down to $50?
Protip: Don't go walking in there saying "OMG!!!! ITS A JERKER!!! SPOOGE!!! I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED ONE OF THESE OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!.
Act like its just another desk.
![]()
![]()
more real estate now that my box is on the floor
I effin love it. Great idea.http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn311/williamho88/1.jpg
Got a few Ekby Jarpen shelves with Capita legs to make those racks on my desk..![]()
love the desks you guys have, matter of fact, its made me decide to get one myself, just have a few questions before i try and get someone to take me 2 away to chicago to get it LOL.
first, this is the desk i was looking at http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39837348 do they have a right handed version of this same color and extension, just in the opposite direction, i wnat the thicker part of the desk along a wall and that ones just backwards of what i need basically.
second, i know some of you have multiple monitors on your desk, will this one fit a 24", 25.5" and a 26" monitor plus a laptop, z5500 control pod, xbox 360, wii and a cisco IP phone without having one block another? my guess is yes but just want to be sure since i gotta give up my entertainment center to make space for it
hmmm i actually think thats all i have to ask ATM, if you guys can be so helpful and answer these for me i would appreciate it.
i know some of you have multiple monitors on your desk, will this one fit a 24", 25.5" and a 26" monitor plus a laptop, z5500 control pod, xbox 360, wii and a cisco IP phone without having one block another? my guess is yes but just want to be sure since i gotta give up my entertainment center to make space for it![]()
EDIT: sparkyy, you have a pic of that setup, i have looke through this thread but don't remeber seeing anything like that LOL.
Without looking through this thread, I bet the majority have some variant of the GALANT. Amirite? It was the only rectangular desk I could find that had a version long enough to fit 3 24" monitors. Quite nice too, actually.
To Galant Corner Desk owners willing help.
I'm pretty much set on purchasing two (2) Galant corner desks (a corner desk-right & a corner desk-left) in Black-Brown.
But...I need to know (and see pics of underside, if possible) if the frame on the underside of the desk reaches all of the way to the edge of the desk?
The space where I plan on setting up these two desks is about 6" too short. Therefore I need to know if I could cut 3" - 3.5" from the desktop? I haven't been able to find an image of the underside that will show if the frame reaches all the way to edge or not.
In the case of the corner desk-left, I will be cutting the 3" - 3.5" from the RIGHT side of the seating position.
[IM]http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages /76866_PE197637_S4.jpg[/IG]
In the case of the corner desk-right, I will be cutting the 3" - 3.5" from the LEFT side of the seating position.
[IM]http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/77296_PE198853_S4.jpg[/IG]
Thanks in advance!
@thecomputeraddict - is the frame at all adjustable? Or is it a fixed size? I only as, because of some of the photos I've seen in which a desktop extension has been used. The legs seem to just move outward, but I'm not sure if those just use a frame that accompanies the extension.
Also,
Can anyone provide me with some underside pics of their Galant corner desk?
Thanks!
Caligirl, your desk space has gotten ridiculously over crowded!
The frame is not adjustable if you just get the corner setup. But if you add pieces to either side, the frame will slide into itself depending on what sizes you are adding. I don't know if this makes sense. Here's a photo of my Galant and then the underside... hope it helps.
Thanks, CaliGirl! That does make sense. Would you mind sending one more pic of the underside? I'd like to see the middle section between the left and the corner. Thank you so much!!!
Thanks, CaliGirl! That does make sense. Would you mind sending one more pic of the underside? I'd like to see the middle section between the left and the corner. Thank you so much!!!
here's the underside from a wider view. Hope it helps.