Ikea desk gallery

Did you have 4 legs on each table? I am concerned about having the corner under the desk open the only reason I ask, if there is room under there with the 4 legs that would be great because I would really rather not have to worry about losing stability, I was going to do 3 legs on each table.

You'll want, at the very least, 7 legs total. When I first built it, I kept all 8 legs, but the "middle" leg would get in my way. If you sit facing the corner directly, then the table leg would be between your legs, and doesn't really get in the way when seated in that postion -- however, if you'd like to swing your chair around, you'll need to move back first. So, I found some brackets at home depot and simply joined the undersides together with some screws and removed the "middle" leg.

69341576728170386613520.jpg

NEW DESK GET!

I love this desk. It's great. Going to IKEA was fun, too. Though now there's like 20 things I want, and I don't have the money for all of it. XD

That's the danger of shopping at IKEA.

Are those two Vika's? I was planning on doing almost that same thing this week, do you have any other pics?

Yep, two of the large stainless steel Vikas.

No other pics right this moment... I'll try and get some more tommorrow.

I'm about to go look at a Jerker desk this weekend, judging from the pictures, it looks like its in mint condition and well cared for. The only problem is that he's asking $75 for the Jerker which I think is a little steep, should I talk him to down to $50?

I'm about to go look at a Jerker desk this weekend, judging from the pictures, it looks like its in mint condition and well cared for. The only problem is that he's asking $75 for the Jerker which I think is a little steep, should I talk him to down to $50?

Doesn't hurt to try. I paid $40 for a lightly scratched Jerker with the drawer module. There were also a number of "pristine" desks for $50ish at the time as well.

Probably. Most people list stuff on Craigslist at more than what they'll actually take for it. Negotiating is expected. As long as you are there, with cash in hand, most people will take less than asking price. Don't try to lowball through email/phone though, you need to be there with cash in hand before you start negotiating.

Protip: Don't go walking in there saying "OMG!!!! ITS A JERKER!!! SPOOGE!!! I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED ONE OF THESE OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!.

Act like its just another desk.

Protip: Don't go walking in there saying "OMG!!!! ITS A JERKER!!! SPOOGE!!! I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED ONE OF THESE OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!.

Act like its just another desk.

Splooging is generally regarded as poor form.

love the desks you guys have, matter of fact, its made me decide to get one myself, just have a few questions before i try and get someone to take me 2 away to chicago to get it LOL.

first, this is the desk i was looking at http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39837348 do they have a right handed version of this same color and extension, just in the opposite direction, i wnat the thicker part of the desk along a wall and that ones just backwards of what i need basically.

second, i know some of you have multiple monitors on your desk, will this one fit a 24", 25.5" and a 26" monitor plus a laptop, z5500 control pod, xbox 360, wii and a cisco IP phone without having one block another? my guess is yes but just want to be sure since i gotta give up my entertainment center to make space for it :D

hmmm i actually think thats all i have to ask ATM, if you guys can be so helpful and answer these for me i would appreciate it.

I love me some Vika...
MP1.jpg

I got the adjustable height chrome legs as well... they cost more than the $99 top. I wish now that I would have got the 30x60" top though, but when I got it I didnt have the room.

love the desks you guys have, matter of fact, its made me decide to get one myself, just have a few questions before i try and get someone to take me 2 away to chicago to get it LOL.

first, this is the desk i was looking at http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S39837348 do they have a right handed version of this same color and extension, just in the opposite direction, i wnat the thicker part of the desk along a wall and that ones just backwards of what i need basically.

second, i know some of you have multiple monitors on your desk, will this one fit a 24", 25.5" and a 26" monitor plus a laptop, z5500 control pod, xbox 360, wii and a cisco IP phone without having one block another? my guess is yes but just want to be sure since i gotta give up my entertainment center to make space for it :D

hmmm i actually think thats all i have to ask ATM, if you guys can be so helpful and answer these for me i would appreciate it.

With that much estate it might be a tight fit but it theoretically should be possible. I'd love to see that when it's done though :D

i know some of you have multiple monitors on your desk, will this one fit a 24", 25.5" and a 26" monitor plus a laptop, z5500 control pod, xbox 360, wii and a cisco IP phone without having one block another? my guess is yes but just want to be sure since i gotta give up my entertainment center to make space for it :D

Now I do not have those sized monitors but I have 3 - 24" monitors sitting in the corner area of the desk with two laptops on my left but room for a third. To my right I have a Brother laser jet printer and a stand I built using 8" legs and a small board overtop to hold blank CD's and DVD's.

That would be the best bet is to built say a small shelf area using Ikea's 4", 6" or 8" legs and some type of board.

You should be able to do it easily. :)

awesome info guys, just what i wanted to hear, i was planning on getting some legs and shelves to make a raised area on the desk for that kinda stuff. gonna get a lack shelf to put above my desk as well for my PC games, and figured while i'm at it i might just go ahead and repaint my room, and this shag carpet does no good :D i blame this all on you guys

EDIT: sparkyy, you have a pic of that setup, i have looke through this thread but don't remeber seeing anything like that LOL.

Last edited:
Here's mine...

It is a 22' LCD + 15 'LCD setup. The 15' LCD is a spare, and I don't want to waste it.

94818210.jpg

89194108.jpg

58079761.jpg

EDIT: sparkyy, you have a pic of that setup, i have looke through this thread but don't remeber seeing anything like that LOL.

Yeah, :rolleyes: I still gotta take a picture of my setup, not exactly how I want it to be before I take a picture. However at this rate I might not be happy until the i20's come out. :)

Since Ikea does not exist in my state the chances of me ever getting a Jerker are little to none.
I found this Jerker Clone online the other day and may just have to give it a go. I definitely will get what I want building it myself.

jerkerclone.jpg

The Article

The Video

The SketchUp file

Last edited by a moderator:
Without looking through this thread, I bet the majority have some variant of the GALANT. Amirite? It was the only rectangular desk I could find that had a version long enough to fit 3 24" monitors. Quite nice too, actually.

Without looking through this thread, I bet the majority have some variant of the GALANT. Amirite? It was the only rectangular desk I could find that had a version long enough to fit 3 24" monitors. Quite nice too, actually.

Its actually pretty even between the Galant, Jerker and Fredrik.

To Galant Corner Desk owners willing help.

I'm pretty much set on purchasing two (2) Galant corner desks (a corner desk-right & a corner desk-left) in Black-Brown.

But...I need to know (and see pics of underside, if possible) if the frame on the underside of the desk reaches all of the way to the edge of the desk?

The space where I plan on setting up these two desks is about 6" too short. Therefore I need to know if I could cut 3" - 3.5" from the desktop? I haven't been able to find an image of the underside that will show if the frame reaches all the way to edge or not.

In the case of the corner desk-left, I will be cutting the 3" - 3.5" from the RIGHT side of the seating position.
76866_PE197637_S4.jpg

In the case of the corner desk-right, I will be cutting the 3" - 3.5" from the LEFT side of the seating position.
77296_PE198853_S4.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
To Galant Corner Desk owners willing help.

I'm pretty much set on purchasing two (2) Galant corner desks (a corner desk-right & a corner desk-left) in Black-Brown.

But...I need to know (and see pics of underside, if possible) if the frame on the underside of the desk reaches all of the way to the edge of the desk?

The space where I plan on setting up these two desks is about 6" too short. Therefore I need to know if I could cut 3" - 3.5" from the desktop? I haven't been able to find an image of the underside that will show if the frame reaches all the way to edge or not.

In the case of the corner desk-left, I will be cutting the 3" - 3.5" from the RIGHT side of the seating position.
[IM]http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages /76866_PE197637_S4.jpg[/IG]

In the case of the corner desk-right, I will be cutting the 3" - 3.5" from the LEFT side of the seating position.
[IM]http://www.ikea.com/PIAimages/77296_PE198853_S4.jpg[/IG]

Thanks in advance!

Reaches to the edge on mine.

@thecomputeraddict - is the frame at all adjustable? Or is it a fixed size? I only as, because of some of the photos I've seen in which a desktop extension has been used. The legs seem to just move outward, but I'm not sure if those just use a frame that accompanies the extension.

For example:

1695255-867m.jpg

Also,

Can anyone provide me with some underside pics of their Galant corner desk?

Thanks!

@thecomputeraddict - is the frame at all adjustable? Or is it a fixed size? I only as, because of some of the photos I've seen in which a desktop extension has been used. The legs seem to just move outward, but I'm not sure if those just use a frame that accompanies the extension.
Also,

Can anyone provide me with some underside pics of their Galant corner desk?

Thanks!

The frame is not adjustable if you just get the corner setup. But if you add pieces to either side, the frame will slide into itself depending on what sizes you are adding. I don't know if this makes sense. Here's a photo of my Galant and then the underside... hope it helps.

4035208726_e59cdfffd3_b.jpg

Left:
4150698355_fbf07950e1.jpg

Corner:
4150698671_9bdf73ea47_b.jpg

Right:
4150699005_3dd469bd36_b.jpg

Caligirl, your desk space has gotten ridiculously over crowded!

Yeah, I know...but I work from home-so the work equipment added a lot of stuff!

I did move the tower down to the floor cause it was taking up too much room..

The frame is not adjustable if you just get the corner setup. But if you add pieces to either side, the frame will slide into itself depending on what sizes you are adding. I don't know if this makes sense. Here's a photo of my Galant and then the underside... hope it helps.

Thanks, CaliGirl! That does make sense. Would you mind sending one more pic of the underside? I'd like to see the middle section between the left and the corner. Thank you so much!!!

Last edited:
Thanks, CaliGirl! That does make sense. Would you mind sending one more pic of the underside? I'd like to see the middle section between the left and the corner. Thank you so much!!!

No problem. I'll take another in a bit and throw it up.

P.S. you should edit your post and take out my photos...no need to quote all of them ;)

here's the underside from a wider view. Hope it helps.
4151260947_2ef6ee6d89.jpg
4152019732_df86bfe3f4.jpg
4152020180_4362f39e18.jpg

Back