Ikea desk gallery

lol, that's really funny. I was kinda in the same boat as you. Me and my girlfriend went to the IKEA in West Chester Ohio about 2 hours from where we live. We left at like 7 in morning. When we walked inside we both about crapped ourselves. The most amazing store I had ever been in. We were there for 5 hours and realized I had to be at work at 4. Needless to say I called off work that day, lol. No way I was gonna go to work and not build my new desk that night. lol

Sad thing is, I didn't even get enough parts to build anything :( Missing something for everything I wanted.

My mistake was putting everything in a shopping cart and just printing the shopping cart. Does IKEA have a way to print a shopping list online?

I bought a revision 2 Jerker at a yardsale less then a block away from my house this weekend for 40$

the PO managed to cut about a foot of the desktop surface off, but it still works fine for the workstation I needed. *its black and silver, btw*

Will have pics as soon as I track down the camera.

Well I finally decided I wanted an IKEA Galant desk, so I traveled to IKEA in West Chester, Ohio. And OMG! This store was just amazing. I didn't have any time at all to look around or shop, my buddy and I just went in and came out with a Galant desk, T legs, a quarter round extension, and a straight section. Also picked up the cable organizer for the rear. Came home and told the wife about the place, and now she is hooked on IKEA stuff. So now we're planning a weekend day to go up in the morning and spend all day there. I can see our bank account getting smaller soon lol. Our new house is almost finished being built, so I cannot wait to see this desk in my new office. Just sucks it has to sit in boxes for another 3 weeks or so. :(

Picked up:
Ikea Galant Corner Desk - Birch Veneer
Corner round extension - Birch Veneer
Straight Extension - Birch Veneer
T-legs
Cable organizer

Well I finally decided I wanted an IKEA Galant desk, so I traveled to IKEA in West Chester, Ohio. And OMG! This store was just amazing. I didn't have any time at all to look around or shop, my buddy and I just went in and came out with a Galant desk, T legs, a quarter round extension, and a straight section. Also picked up the cable organizer for the rear. Came home and told the wife about the place, and now she is hooked on IKEA stuff. So now we're planning a weekend day to go up in the morning and spend all day there. I can see our bank account getting smaller soon lol. Our new house is almost finished being built, so I cannot wait to see this desk in my new office. Just sucks it has to sit in boxes for another 3 weeks or so. :(

Picked up:
Ikea Galant Corner Desk - Birch Veneer
Corner round extension - Birch Veneer
Straight Extension - Birch Veneer
T-legs
Cable organizer

where do you live. I had to go to the West Chester location also. Any photos yet?

I live in Portsmouth, Ohio....about 1 hour 45 min away from Cincinnati. Just moved back from Dublin, Ohio, which is the northwest side of Columbus.

No pictures yet, can't build and put it together until the house is finished. Hard wood floors are going in sometime this week and painting will start next week. I'll have pics up soon.

Why did you move from Dublin to Portsmouth? I lived in Dublin when I was a kid like 13 years ago. Probably one of the nicest areas in/near Columbus IMO.

IMG_2351.jpg

what kind of computer case mount/rack is that?

*nvm i found it on ikea website*

Last edited:
I figured this thread needed some non-jerker/galant action...

This is my old setup (~4yrs ago)... vika amon/curry combos... (20+30+40= $90 total)
vika_amon_x2_rated_g.jpg

This is what I did for my mom's home office a couple years ago... vika amon/curry + lack shelf and tv stand (i think)... (20+20+25+40= $105)
newOffice.png

I still haven't found anything for my current setup, so I'm using an old jerker ($50 off CL) for now... lol. Hard to find a desk deep enough for these 37" monitors. :(

Last edited:
Uggg, IKEA doesn't make quarter moon tables for the 23" side of the galant. Time for a saw I guess.

How are the Galants? I've been wanting to pick up one during my office renovations in a month or so but have been hesitant of shelling out 600$ for a large one that would accommodate my HDTV and triple monitors.

Also look on CraigsList for deals, I found a left handed Galant with two table tops, three T legs and three Signum cable management racks all for $275 and in great condition. Since then I have added on three computer holders to his desk, wouldn't mind adding a little more but no room in this apartment.

Measures about 88" on the wider side and 80" on the narrow side, love the amount of space this thing has as well but I have the old school Jerker desk, the one without a top just 6 feet of desk space in my closet for now. :D:D

We have a left corner 63" Galant that takes my 42" Westy quite well..but even if you got the larger extension

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S49852116

it shouldn't be much more than 300 (depending on tax) and it should fit everything nicely.

Wow, in Canada, it's nearly twice the price. But that's the one I was lookin' at! Basically, I want to set my PC on the left which has a 22 and dual 19in LCDs. At the right edge, I want to put a 32in HDTV so that people on the couch behind me can game.

I'm hoping there's enough room so that I can have a chair on the left without obstructing view of the TV. All I need now is to find someone with a pickup truck. I don't think this thing will fit in my '09 Golf. :p I check with uHaul and they want 20$, plus gas, plus 0.50$/km which would end up costing me around 60$. Screw that.

Last edited:
well, if everything goes good i should be the proud owner of a shiney new Ikea Fredrik in a few days.
i found someone nice enough to buy one at their local ikea store and will be delivering it to a city near
me since she travels my way once or twice a month. i will be paying her half a benji for her trouble
plus cost of desk.
she is saving me $150 on shipping so i am very happy and now i will have to do some rearranging
down here and also get rid of my old desk. i will get some pics posted when its all set up!

30u2xcl.jpg

It's funny, i just saw the same desk listed for 45 bucks here in the SF bay area on Craigslist. No signs of major wear. I'm considering it.

i also seen a Fredrik on CL but it was the smaller version. so i have to pay extra for the bigger one.

Got my shopping list ready to go and I'm heading to Atlanta at 8AM.

Code:
Item No.

Last edited:
I wish they still made the Jerker. I need to get a second one. Preferably in the dark finish.

I wish they still made the Jerker. I need to get a second one. Preferably in the dark finish.

i had one once. sold it to my friend matt :). i prefer the light birch finish :). now the white jerkers those are rare indeed ;)

best bet now is craigslist

Updated, Night All!!
Item No. Series Description Aisle Bin Have Need 70044010 EFFEKTIV Base with supporting legs - gray 26 41 1 0 20074778 EFFEKTIV Add-on unit-high 24 42 1 0 00072539 EFFEKTIV Roll-front 25 52 1 0 20056883 GALANT Frame 47 1/4" x 23 5/8" 26 07 1 0 40080542 GALANT Extension top quarter-round: 26 16 1 0 60105358 EFFEKTIV File frame front 26 25 1 0 30043951 EFFEKTIV File frame 26 36 1 0 90109454 EFFEKTIV Door 24 46 1 0 50086690 SUMMERA Pull-out keyboard shelf 21 14 1 1 50035115 SIGNUM Cable management, horizontal 21 16 3 0 30090438 SUMMERA Computer holder 21 17 1 1 20056915 GALANT T-leg 26 4 4 0 60056862 GALANT Corner table top right 28 33 1 0 90056889 GALANT Frame for half-round table 26 09 2 0 10056826 GALANT Table top 47 1/4" x 23 5/8" 26 11 0 1 20043230 EFFEKTIV Add-on unit-low 24 41 0 2 00137946 SUMMERA Drawer insert with 6 compartments

0 1 60109455 EFFEKTIV Door 26 53 0 3 30050140 EFFEKTIV Wall cabinet frame-low 24 43 0 3 70146495 GALANT Drawer 22 38 0 1 10105271 GALANT Extension top half-round table top 26 51 0 1 60056881 GALANT Frame for corner table top 28 39 0 1 90101778 FIXA Drill Template

0 1 50126605 DIODER Battery-operated lamp for drawers

0 1 50119351 GRUNDTAL Spotlight

0 1
DOKUMENT Letter tray set

0 1 90059072 BITS Magnetic board

0 1 40117164 SPONTAN Magnets

0 1 60075295 DIGNITET Curtain wire

0 1 40078030 DIGNITET Corner piece

0 1 20075947 DIGNITET Curtain ring with clip

0 1

i had one once. sold it to my friend matt :). i prefer the light birch finish :). now the white jerkers those are rare indeed ;)

best bet now is craigslist

Haven't found any with the dark finish. The light birch ones are easy to find though.

just a quick update:

I AM THE PROUD OWNER OF AN IKEA FREDRIK!!!

just need to get it downstairs, haul out old desk, and get it assembled!
im just so :) :) :) :) :) now

Is there something special about the IKEA FREDRIK? or just happiness for a new desk? :p

Is there something special about the IKEA FREDRIK? or just happiness for a new desk? :p

for one, its an IKEA... nuff said
two, yes im very happy because its an IKEA and because i was able
to get one to my area of the country! :cool:

thanks for posting these guys..

made me take a one hour drive with my wife and 5 week old daughter to the ikea store, and ended up spending too much money.

would have spent even more if it wasn't for the fact that the desk my wife wanted didn't fit in the car

ended up with
Fredrick desk and a Malm bed frame, wife really wanted the Mikael work station but there was no way it was going to fit in our hatch back with the bed and my desk...

Back