Ikea desk gallery

I had originally planned on doing something similar, but using the Lagan countertop instead of Numerar, however, before I had the space in my house (currently in the middle of living in it while gutting it), it looks like they discontinued it. I might end up at Numerar yet.

I was looking at the Lagan as well, please post a picture if you decide to go through with it
What's the mixer?

Midi controller, Novation Remote Zero SL, audio interface on the right MOTU Ultralite

Does anyone who has the 23.625" depth Galant find it a problem typing that close to your monitor? The deeper one, the 31.5" felt like it gave a lot more room when I tried it in the store, and would be more comfortable for my wrists.

23.635" would easily fit in my car (Honda Accord), and also fits better in my room...not sure if it's worth renting a U-Haul to get the bigger one.

Does anyone who has the 23.625" depth Galant find it a problem typing that close to your monitor? The deeper one, the 31.5" felt like it gave a lot more room when I tried it in the store, and would be more comfortable for my wrists.

23.635" would easily fit in my car (Honda Accord), and also fits better in my room...not sure if it's worth renting a U-Haul to get the bigger one.

what year accord? don't your rear seats fold down? should fit if they do.

what year accord? don't your rear seats fold down? should fit if they do.

2006, and the rear seats do fold down, but the opening to the trunk from the backseats is angled like this:

pp_07accordsplitfold.jpg

Very neat! I like how the bookshelf is used to host the rear speakers of 5.1 setup.
Couple of questions:
1. What are bookcases on the right?
2. How do you get the signal to those rear speakers? (is it that black cable shown in the bottom two pictures tucked into the corner?)

Very neat! I like how the bookshelf is used to host the rear speakers of 5.1 setup.
Couple of questions:
1. What are bookcases on the right?
2. How do you get the signal to those rear speakers? (is it that black cable shown in the bottom two pictures tucked into the corner?)

Thank you
The book cases are Ikea...all 3 are the same book shelf, 2 just have the glass doors.
I ran speaker wire along the baseboard around the room and drilled holes through the backing on the book shelf to get the speaker wire to the speakers.
Not sure which black cable you are referring to...picture 2 the one coming down is coaxial for Verizon Fios. The cabling you can see along the baseboard are audio cables going to the PC from the sub..

Sexy looking lighting on that setup. I've never seen those doors for the billy bookcases, very nice!

Sexy looking lighting on that setup. I've never seen those doors for the billy bookcases, very nice!

I was going to say the same about the doors. The only ones I see now are a 2 piece glass door.

My previous apartment, renovated from scratch. Old pic before I added a new monitor and using the 22" Samsung as secondary.

Since I live in Sweden it's IKEA all the way :)

img_0585.jpg

Thank you very much!
Those doors are a little over 3 years old now...that picture was taken recently so I've been very happy with how all of my Ikea furniture has held up over time.

apologies in advance as i've searched throughout this thread and could not find an answer, and i know the jerker questions are very frequent

but for anyone that has both the v1 and the v2- are the swivel shelves compatible with each other? ive just about given up looking for them on craigslist, and my only alternative is to pay a ridiculous premium for a pair on ebay. the only thing is that the ebay pair are for the v2 jerker.

additionally- if they are compatible, are all the accessories compatible?

Last edited:
I just went and picked up the Birch Galant, Love it (actually picked up 3 pieces). I notice they have the Black-Brown/Gray/White/Birch colors. I was looking through Craigslist, and saw this : http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/fuo/2870284099.html Looks like they stained it.. Has anyone else done this to the birch? I was thinking about doing it but not sure about the current finish, if it will take the stain. Any hints/tips would be great... Will be posting my desk when done.

I just went and picked up the Birch Galant, Love it (actually picked up 3 pieces). I notice they have the Black-Brown/Gray/White/Birch colors. I was looking through Craigslist, and saw this : http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/fuo/2870284099.html Looks like they stained it.. Has anyone else done this to the birch? I was thinking about doing it but not sure about the current finish, if it will take the stain. Any hints/tips would be great... Will be posting my desk when done.

I think that and "oak" are just discontinued colors. I may be wrong, but staining the veneer used on Galant is not going to work too well.

Thanks, that is what I was afraid of. it is strange, it does not have a super smooth sealed finish. Oh well. Time to buy some 1/4 Walnut Plywood in 2'x4' sections and cover my wall behind my desk :)

Here is what I am willing to show so far :)

14ukqs2.jpg

I really like the minimalist yet modern and efficient look of Ikea desks. Sadly they force me to unclutter which I am badly at (too much papers and stuffs). May be on day, I can actually own one

Is there any way to buy an ikea desk if there's no store near you? I found the perfect desk, but the nearest store is about 300 miles away. =/

Is there any way to buy an ikea desk if there's no store near you? I found the perfect desk, but the nearest store is about 300 miles away. =/

:( definitely hope/luck + craigslist... The other alternative is to fabricate and build your own desk because shipping from the ikea website isn't worth the cash.

does anyone know if the v1 and v2 jerker accessories are compatible? i have a v1 and dont know if i should pull the trigger on some v2 shelves.

thanks in advance!

they won't be.. i have both the v1 and the v2 and the width of the desk itself is different..

the hole pattern is the same just the width between the mounts is not.

thanks so much, your reponse is much appreciated.

since you have both versions,one more question if you don't mind- since the hole pattern is the same for the supports, would that mean the side-swivel shelves compatible between both models?

they won't be.. i have both the v1 and the v2 and the width of the desk itself is different..

the hole pattern is the same just the width between the mounts is not.

yea they are compatible.. i can re-double check tonight but i've moved pieces back and forth between them.. just not the shelves or the table top.

best news i heard today. thanks again. please let me know whenever you get around to checking your setup later tonight.

thanks in advance! :D

yea they are compatible.. i can re-double check tonight but i've moved pieces back and forth between them.. just not the shelves or the table top.

I am in the market for a new desk that will hold 3x 24" monitors + a fractal R3. I have narrowed it down to the galant (I live in Western Canada and these are a PITA to get but I think I have found some), space was a concern an the basic desk looks like it would fit.

My question is ... is the following galant big enough to hold a slightly angled triple 24" monitor setup while having enough room to store my case on the desk? asuming average bezel is 24~"

Would this be tight? would there be lots of room to angle?

fENpI.png

I could fit another 80 x 60cm extension on the 120x60cm side but I don't know what parts to get for the right angle black/brown desk (That is what i drew right?) ... Other than that I can't fit anything else on the 160 x 80 side as it will be wedged against a wall.

the desk is:

GALANT
Corner desk-right, black-brown, silver color, T-Leg
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S89807037/#/S49836975

Also, What extensions would I be able to fit? do I have room for the following?

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30090438/ (Summera computer holder) -- Would this work with a Fractal R3 (1 top fan, 1 back exhaust, 2 front intake, psu draws air from bottom, I7 950 stock, Hyper212+, 560TI twinfrozr II 880) or would it get too hot?

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/70146495/ (Galant drawer)

any other handy things I can attach to desk without making it cramped?

Sorry for the 1000 questions but I can't exactly make cardboard cut outs and take them to the store as the nearest is 40min away.

Monitors will be 1x Samsung 240HD and 2x Dell 24012M if it matters.

I should probably add, I am not deadset on the galant ... anything that will fit in the following while holding 3x 24" monitors + Fractal R3 is fine.

room layout looks like this if it matters, though my ms paint skills are horrid.

5ZnwB.png

Thanks

Last edited:
Awesome rig. I saw your post to r/battlestations as well lol.

Haha yeah, I always enjoy the comments over there, so much hate for Alienware! Either way I got such a ridiculous deal on all of my stuff that I don't care, lol.

Haha yeah, I always enjoy the comments over there, so much hate for Alienware! Either way I got such a ridiculous deal on all of my stuff that I don't care, lol.

True true. I guess with Alienware you're paying for the name. However, if you got it for real cheap then that's a slick deal.

I am in the market for a new desk that will hold 3x 24" monitors + a fractal R3. I have narrowed it down to the galant (I live in Western Canada and these are a PITA to get but I think I have found some), space was a concern an the basic desk looks like it would fit.

My question is ... is the following galant big enough to hold a slightly angled triple 24" monitor setup while having enough room to store my case on the desk? asuming average bezel is 24~"

Would this be tight? would there be lots of room to angle?

http://i.imgur.com/fENpI.png

I could fit another 80 x 60cm extension on the 120x60cm side but I don't know what parts to get for the right angle black/brown desk (That is what i drew right?) ... Other than that I can't fit anything else on the 160 x 80 side as it will be wedged against a wall.

the desk is:

GALANT
Corner desk-right, black-brown, silver color, T-Leg
http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S89807037/#/S49836975

Also, What extensions would I be able to fit? do I have room for the following?

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/30090438/ (Summera computer holder) -- Would this work with a Fractal R3 (1 top fan, 1 back exhaust, 2 front intake, psu draws air from bottom, I7 950 stock, Hyper212+, 560TI twinfrozr II 880) or would it get too hot?

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/70146495/ (Galant drawer)

any other handy things I can attach to desk without making it cramped?

Sorry for the 1000 questions but I can't exactly make cardboard cut outs and take them to the store as the nearest is 40min away.

Monitors will be 1x Samsung 240HD and 2x Dell 24012M if it matters.

I should probably add, I am not deadset on the galant ... anything that will fit in the following while holding 3x 24" monitors + Fractal R3 is fine.

room layout looks like this if it matters, though my ms paint skills are horrid.

http://i.imgur.com/5ZnwB.png

Thanks

You should be able to fit it just fine. Here is some photos of my Galant holding 3x30" 3008WFP's and an FT02 all on the desk top. All the monitors and PC tower are on the main Galant portion so it'd be tight if I didn't have the two extension pieces to the right.

I've since moved from the FT02 to a LL X2000F and have the X2000F in different location not on the desk itself:

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1036705096&postcount=270

Back