If you have purchased Windows XP OEM with Vista Upgrade coupon, please post here!

Like everyone else I have been trying to jump through the MS/Moduslink hoops for the last two months. Finally on the 1st of Feb. I was able to get through the COA validation page and was asked to follow the instructions carefully that would come in an email. Which I did. I scanned my pop and coupon, I put my confirmation number in and sent it to them. I received the form email a couple hours later saying they would process it within 1 business day. I never received that email. So I wrote back 5 days later basically saying 'wtf? I finally get through your website and you never respond to my pop? Are you trying to renig on your promise?' And 6 days later (yesterday morning) I received an email that said I never sent the pop and that I needed to with the confirmation number. But this time there was more instructions that was never on my first confirmation email (which I triple-checked after reading it on the second one.) They now said that I needed to put... " with the following in the subject line:

Upgrade Redemption Center POP..."

My subject line before had been... Vista Express Upgrade Confirmation # xxxxxxx and pop...
So I resent the scanned pop and the confirmation number with the new subject line and received 2 more emails within hours. The first one the somewhat typical form letter saying it would be processed in 2 business days (instead of the typical 1 business day) and another an hour later that said...

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the upgrade redemption program.

Your order is currently in the validation process. You will be notified within the next five business days of its validation status and any other requirements needed to finalize your order. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,

The Upgrade Redemption Program

But I went to the website to check my status right away and I was COA/POP validated. For the first time.

So be careful of your subject lines.

And thanks moduslink for not telling me this in the email that I was suppose to follow carefully that you sent 2 weeks ago. :mad:

Edited To Add: I also for the first time sent the pop scan in with receipt notification requested in my email settings yesterday. Though like I said they responded back after 2 times (for a total of three times yesterday) they never accepted my email receipt notification as my email service never sent one to say they got it. So they are also hitting no on that.

I am hoping now after my problems with MODUSLINK and after the chat i had with them, i am at least in the final stage before shipping. I had pop/coa validated, SENT TO BACK OFFICE and now this ORDER RECEIVED. But it seems us in the UK are the last to receive VISTA as you guy's in the USA are getting your's about now.:eek:

Order Status : Order received
Shipping Date :
Carrier : Standard
AWB# :

I'm in the US and i'm not getting mine "about now" at all. Submitted everything in November. Status is still sitting at "order verified"......

I have my doubts that i will see my copies before march, maybe even April. :mad:

:p :p :mad: :eek: Well I used the phone number and called about my upgrade.

I guess I am not getting it. Some mumbo jumbo crap. But I don't qualify even with my coupon. So this is another MS sham on us again.

Well I do not need Vista that bad. Now I know only one machine will have Vista 64 That is my play around system 2cpuclovertowns 8 hard drives.

My other 6 computers will stay just like they are forever. So now who looses out. I was going to upgrade mem and more but not now.

So some where along the line someone is not making money on 6 upgrades.

Who cares anymore with all the hastle this is and will be in the future.

Have a great day guys.:D Oh by the way do not try to install creator 8 on vista 64 it will crash it big time and make you reinstall the Vista program. fun with vista

I guess I am not getting it. Some mumbo jumbo crap. But I don't qualify even with my coupon. So this is another MS sham on us again.

Who sold/gave you the coupon? Why don't you qualify? Is it actually a MS sham or a vendor that sold you the coupon sham or a you sham?

BIGDADDY: After noting that my order status had also not moved from COA validated to include POP after 5 weeks or so, I emailed them to get the same BS story about not receiving the POP, when it was clearly in the envelope with the rest of the info! So I emailed them attachments with the appropriate subject line as requested and got the auto response to check in 5 business days.

I feel this may be a very, very common thing. For example, they may be separating the POP and COA from the envelope for different depts., and without the conf# written on the POP, they are being "lost".

The coupon never said to mark it as such? This is not good. They don't seem to be able to keep track of our own valid submissions.

Still the same for me:

Order Number : ##########
Order Status : POP/COA validated
Shipping Date :
AWB# :

Yawn. If it ever shows up, I will be suprised. Vista was released 15 days ago, my stuff was all verfified before then, and it still takes more then 15 days to at least get the packaged out the door? I am not talking about being in my hands, but to at least have it shipped out the door.

Mine only says COA validated and has for quite some time. I'm not worrying about until I hear that people are receiving their orders. I sent my POP from Newegg in the same envelope that I mailed the rest of it in and have a confirmation to prove the delivery.

Mine only says COA validated and has for quite some time. I'm not worrying about until I hear that people are receiving their orders. I sent my POP from Newegg in the same envelope that I mailed the rest of it in and have a confirmation to prove the delivery.

That's was what I was thinking - it may be that when they said they didn't "receive" mine was a standard response if the POP is not already validated. That said, I hope you have copies/scans so that you can email them to moduslink if need be. Heck, I'd just do it now anyway, might help things go along...

I think that's PRECISELY why it WASN'T included. :D ;) You'd have to bite the bullet, sell your software in traders, and buy a copy of Ultimate upgrade. :D ;)

You COULD look into VNC, many freeware versions available, and you can set the incoming port.

RDC is just easier, but VNC can get it done.

My CC just got charged for "PURCHASE MS VISTA 02/09" so let's see when it arrives....:rolleyes:

Well the best I can figure out is if you have a coupon then you will need a complete computer reciept from HP or Dell or etc... If not and all you have are parts because you made your own computer or something else you do not qualify. So if you are like me and build your own computers because they have what I want then you get no upgrade.

Even if we get coupons from NewEgg.com or ZipZoomFly.com because they are selling to end users and not Manufactures of computers which is what should be giving out the coupons.

So Im glad I went out and just purchased Vista Ultimate and installed it a while back. The rest of my computers will stay with XP except the new Laptop which HP states they are taking care of my upgrade through them.

What a rip.:( :confused: :eek:

Well the best I can figure out is if you have a coupon then you will need a complete computer reciept from HP or Dell or etc... If not and all you have are parts because you made your own computer or something else you do not qualify. So if you are like me and build your own computers because they have what I want then you get no upgrade.

I purchased the software through Newegg and it specifically stated "No hardware purchase required". Newegg has even assured us that we will receive it. I decided to check their site today to see what's been going on and now I see a disclaimer attached stating what needs to be purchased.

Disclaimer: Qualifying proof of purchase must be recent receipts showing the purchase of a mother board, hard drive, RAM and a CPU. The components can be on multiple receipts; not necessarily all on one receipt nor on the same receipt as the qualifying Windows XP/Office 2003 that you purchased.

So midway through the rules have changed? Am I losing my mind or am I completely wrong? I honestly want to know. This is ridiculous. I'm in the process of building a new PC but I'm not faxing, mailing, or emailing them another damn thing in regards to this upgrade. I've upheld my end of the deal, now it's their turn.

I am hoping now after my problems with MODUSLINK and after the chat i had with them, i am at least in the final stage before shipping. I had pop/coa validated, SENT TO BACK OFFICE and now this ORDER RECEIVED. But it seems us in the UK are the last to receive VISTA as you guy's in the USA are getting your's about now.:eek:

Order Status : Order received
Shipping Date :
AWB# :

My order still says ORDER RECEIVED, has anyone else got this after the change from POP/COA VALIDATED?

I'm not really sure now if i'm starting from the beginning again or at the last step before "SHIPPED"?

Even if we get coupons from NewEgg.com or ZipZoomFly.com because they are selling to end users and not Manufactures of computers which is what should be giving out the coupons.

So Im glad I went out and just purchased Vista Ultimate and installed it a while back. The rest of my computers will stay with XP except the new Laptop which HP states they are taking care of my upgrade through them.

What a rip.:( :confused: :eek:
No, this is NOT the way that Newegg showed in thier ad. I asked them on several occasions about having to have the receipt that the coupon stated, and they answered, no, just a receipt showing the purchase of the software itself. I have a picture of the ad that stated that "no hardware purchase was necessary" in order to qualify for the upgrade. I have several E-mails that I saved that said I was entitled to the upgrade, so SOMEBODY is gonna pony up one. There are laws about misrepresenting a product to boost sales, And I'm just the kind of guy that will push this to the limit. I already have untold hours in phonecalls ,e-mails, and live chats, and have a list of all the newegg reps I talked to, involving this promo.

Wow, it seems like I'm the only one that isn't being shafted. I only submitted the invoice for XP MCE from NewEgg, no hardware at all. I must have dealt with someone at Moduslink that actually had a clue. BTW, has anyone actually checked out their main site, they make it seem like they're the greatest logistics company ever:rolleyes:

Here is what is showing as my staus. WTH is MEXP for the carrier?

Order Number : 158xxxx
Order Status : Order is shipped
Shipping Date : Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Carrier : MEXP
AWB# : ME000xxxx

With the way they've handled all this, it wouldn't surprise me. I still can't understand why Microsoft hasn't made some statement and go through the motions of being concerned about the problems with the express upgrade. They must be aware of it as there is only negative rants about the whole process throughout the web. Has anyone else got confirmation of shipping?

resubmitted the POP and confirm page via E-Mail, and will also fax it out tomorrow. I'll keep u updated as to what happens.:rolleyes:Maybe by the time we get it, we will be able to trade it in on a copy of Vienna.

Just received an E-mail stating that they received my POP, and will send an e-mail when validatrion is complete. Update 2/17 E-mail today SAYING 5 DAYS TO FINALIZE ORDER

Well look on the bright side, by the time you receive your upgrade, it will have Vista SP1 already incorporated into it :p

Well look on the bright side, by the time you receive your upgrade, it will have Vista SP1 already incorporated into it :p

HA! Good point... and if not by then, you can look forward to SP2 then... I am not really holding out any hope of ever getting mine.

HA! Good point... and if not by then, you can look forward to SP2 then... I am not really holding out any hope of ever getting mine.
I don't give up that easily. Misrepresenting a product, in order to boost sales of that product, is a violation of the Better business bureau, and Chamber of Commerce laws.If I am denied because someone wilfully lied to promote sales, I would fully persue any avenue of action available.

my order status have gone from coa/pop verified to coa verified ?, I emailed them and got the canned response the upgrades started shipping late jan you SHOULD expect to get them within 4-6 weeks. hmm what the hell is going on why has my order gone back to just coa verified when I have had an email from them saying they have recieved my pop??????????.:confused:

I bought XP Home Upgrade at Staples last month for $35, submitted my tech upgrade order to MS on February 5th, mailed materials a couple days later (COA boxtop, receipt), and my Vista Basic Upgrade in retail box arrived this morning. :) Checked my credit card and they didn't charge the $10 S&H like they said they would. Too bad it's $79 to upgrade to Home Premium. Might as well have bought Home Premium OEM outright. Anyway impressively fast service (like they are on rebates).

I don't give up that easily. Misrepresenting a product, in order to boost sales of that product, is a violation of the Better business bureau, and Chamber of Commerce laws.If I am denied because someone wilfully lied to promote sales, I would fully persue any avenue of action available.

Those are not laws, those are organizations that merchants volunteer and pay to join and belong to. They have no binding authority outside of chastizing their own members.

Those are not laws, those are organizations that merchants volunteer and pay to join and belong to. They have no binding authority outside of chastizing their own members.
Dept. of Consumer Protection is yet another avenue. and THEY can and will pursue a complaint. And, there'a always the Better Business Bureau. I'm sure there's some sort of internet Assoc. that can be bought into play also. There's power in numbers, and ifenough people get together, things can be made to happen. I just got my SONY DCF717 camera fixed for free,because of a class action lawsuit, that was placed against Sony, for selling cameras with a defective part in them.;) :D I REALLY don't believe thatNewegg would hang a lot of customers out to dry because of this promo. Checking out the reviews last night on MCE2005, there's people that have finally gotten thier product shipped.

Damn, damn, damn...

I just got an envolope from the Redemption Center (Newegg MCE 2005 with Upgrade) and the envelope was open @ one end. DVD was gone:mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I just called the upgrade center and they couldn't help...Instead I was given a new phone number to call but that center is not open until Monday!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Dept. of Consumer Protection is yet another avenue. and THEY can and will pursue a complaint. And, there'a always the Better Business Bureau. I'm sure there's some sort of internet Assoc. that can be bought into play also. There's power in numbers, and ifenough people get together, things can be made to happen. I just got my SONY DCF717 camera fixed for free,because of a class action lawsuit, that was placed against Sony, for selling cameras with a defective part in them.;) :D I REALLY don't believe thatNewegg would hang a lot of customers out to dry because of this promo. Checking out the reviews last night on MCE2005, there's people that have finally gotten thier product shipped.

Ok, we are gonna need a website. How about someone registers a domain and has it pointed directly to this thread, then we have it all covered, a web site with discussion forums. :D

Mine arrived today in a USPS Mailed Yellow bubbled envelope. Thank goodness.

Let's not and just say we did... You know the drill, the Forum picks it's own battles....we don't need a crusade right now. ;)

Ok, we are gonna need a website. How about someone registers a domain and has it pointed directly to this thread, then we have it all covered, a web site with discussion forums. :D

I'm not looking to cause any trouble, just pointing out that there ARE options when some big Co. decides they can do whatever they want, and not worry about it. Just got a SECOND e-mail, saying they are confirming my order. Looks like maybe it willbe good to go:D .

Let's not and just say we did... You know the drill, the Forum picks it's own battles....we don't need a crusade right now. ;)

Oh, I thought we were joking to begin with. And if someone actually does do it, it wasn't me or my fault! :D

Back