If you have purchased Windows XP OEM with Vista Upgrade coupon, please post here!

Well I have two free Vista upgrades comming one for media center and one for XP pro so I am ending up with two business Vista's ech.

Product name Quantity Unit price Tax price Final price
Windows Vista Business 32-bit DVD 1 USD 0.00 USD 0.00 USD 0.00

Shipping USD 11.49
Tax USD 0.86
Total USD 12.35

Order Status : COA validated
Shipping Date :
Carrier : Standard
AWB# :
:confused:
Hope it gets here by next year.:p

Well I have two free Vista upgrades comming one for media center and one for XP pro so I am ending up with two business Vista's ech.

Shipping USD 11.49
Tax USD 0.86
Total USD 12.35

Shipping Date :
AWB# :

It needs to say "Order Status : POP/COA validated"

Shipping USD 11.49
Tax USD 0.86
Total USD 12.35

Shipping Date :
AWB# :
Something is wrong, because you should be getting 1 copy of Business, The XP PRO upgrade, and 1 copy of Vista Home premium, the MCE2005 upgrade.

...plus it's NOT showing the POP validation.
You need to send in by mail or fax the point of purchase receipt plus the confirmation of COA email from Moduslink crewzen.

It needs to say "Order Status : POP/COA validated"

I faxed my newegg invoice and confirmation, etc. to the fax number provided, but mine says only COA validated. Anyone run into a stuation that the person operating the fax machine over there forgot to put paper in and had to fax it again or mail it to get this going?

Moduslink has been slammed with these upgrades...there's a definite lag in time before they get them checked and entered...hang in there.
3 or 4 weeks ago they told me they had 8000 waiting to be entered...mine was done about 5 days after I faxed them in...others are taking longer but they are being done.

I faxed my newegg invoice and confirmation, etc. to the fax number provided, but mine says only COA validated. Anyone run into a stuation that the person operating the fax machine over there forgot to put paper in and had to fax it again or mail it to get this going?

FUNNY STUFF.

Ya know your not faxing to a fax machine, but a server set up to recieve incoming faxes, and process or whatever it is they do with them.

I guess I'll wait for the POP I faxed them the material on the pro but HP is handling the home entertainment center upgrade for me all the way. I have sent MS 5 e-mails and no responce so now I will fill out my upgrade for XP x64 and another XP pro while I am at it.

There has to be a simpler way to do things, like if they are activated between oct and may just mail out the upgrade period. How hard would that be.:eek: Or email us to enter a site and use auto update and enter a CC no.:confused:

I faxed mine in and all I have also is COA validated maybe they want my first born next or something.

I guess I'll wait for the POP I faxed them the material on the pro but HP is handling the home entertainment center upgrade for me all the way. I have sent MS 5 e-mails and no responce so now I will fill out my upgrade for XP x64 and another XP pro while I am at it.

There has to be a simpler way to do things, like if they are activated between oct and may just mail out the upgrade period. How hard would that be.:eek: Or email us to enter a site and use auto update and enter a CC no.:confused:

I faxed mine in and all I have also is COA maybe they want my first born next or something.
That's way to easy, they made it complicated with that 2 cent website, so that at least 75% of us would give up. Sad thing is, the Tech guarantee website works no problem, and they were ready to send my upgrade, no problem.to bad it's only for RETAIL :( :(

In any way, i know which company will NEVER EVER AGAIN host a Microsoft official website once this is over.

Moduslink is the most horrible company to deal with, to look at their cheap website (hell, i could've built a better one myself) and to get any info from. BAH! :mad:

I emailed mine. It took a couple of tries. Even though emails from them come in HTML format, yours have to be plain text and the scan of your receipt has to be gif. That is the combo that worked for me on emailing my POP to them.

In any way, i know which company will NEVER EVER AGAIN host a Microsoft official website once this is over.

Moduslink is the most horrible company to deal with, to look at their cheap website (hell, i could've built a better one myself) and to get any info from. BAH! :mad:

QFT!!! Not only is the website junk, but the information on it conflicts. I am doing a Acer upgrade with no redemption form. With Acer you just need to submitt your COA and POP. But, you get this email and the site says this also about how you need to mail in the redemption form and a original receipt or invoice or a CERTIFIED copy of one. If you call them, they will tell you that there is no redemption form for some people and just to use the confirmation number when you send in your reciept. Oh, and it does not have to be the original or a certified copy. Hell you don't even have to mail it in like the email said. You can fax and email it as well.

What a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions what to do next??

Here is an e-mail I sent to Moduslink customer support at 23:20 GMT Sunday Feb 4:

At your WEB site I completed all the forms for a free VISTA upgrade from XP/Media Center 2005. This upgrade is for a custom built system I paid for on Nov 27, 2006.

I entered the correct AmEx credit card info. Your site then told me "Credit Card Authorization Failed"

I just talked with AmEx customer support (15:20 PDT 23:20 GMT) and they told me tha THEY DID APPROVE the $12.50 payment to Moduslink.

I then tried two other credit cards (VISA, Mastercharge) and your site said those authorizations also failed.

I have tried three different cards two different times during the last 24 hours - they all fail. I have tested each card at other sites and they work fine. We have owned the cards for over 20 years - the billing name and address I provided your site matches the statement. The CVN is correct. I use those cards to purchase dozens of online items a month (three items today and two yesterday) with no problems.

What is wrong with your site? What do I need to do to make the cards work? I am connecting to your web site from an XP/SP2/IE7 (128bit cyberstrength ) system via COMCAST cable.

AmEx says they approved the $12.50 - why did you tell me they refused?

Any suggestions what to do next??

Here is an e-mail I sent to Moduslink customer support at 23:20 GMT Sunday Feb 4:

At your WEB site I completed all the forms for a free VISTA upgrade from XP/Media Center 2005. This upgrade is for a custom built system I paid for on Nov 27, 2006.

I entered the correct AmEx credit card info. Your site then told me "Credit Card Authorization Failed"

I just talked with AmEx customer support (15:20 PDT 23:20 GMT) and they told me tha THEY DID APPROVE the $12.50 payment to Moduslink.

I then tried two other credit cards (VISA, Mastercharge) and your site said those authorizations also failed.

I have tried three different cards two different times during the last 24 hours - they all fail. I have tested each card at other sites and they work fine. We have owned the cards for over 20 years - the billing name and address I provided your site matches the statement. The CVN is correct. I use those cards to purchase dozens of online items a month (three items today and two yesterday) with no problems.

What is wrong with your site? What do I need to do to make the cards work? I am connecting to your web site from an XP/SP2/IE7 (128bit cyberstrength ) system via COMCAST cable.

AmEx says they approved the $12.50 - why did you tell me they refused?
1-800-817-5602 you might want to call on this one, because all they seem to do is reply with canned responses.Good luck and keep us informed.

After redialing constantly for 5 minutes I finally got through the busy signal and listened to the Modulink recordings. Eventually I ended up on the Customer Service queue where I waited on hold for 20 minutes. I then talked to a Customer Service rep who told me:

The web site has a problem with processing credit card authorizations AFTER the site receives approval from a credit card company

The fix will be implemented by Friday Feb 9. I should wait until Monday Feb 12 before trying to apply for the upgrade.

I will have to re-enter all data because the proposed fix will delete all data for all customers who had problems with credit card authorization.

The pending charges I see on all three credit cards I tried will be deleted by the fix.

I just checked and got COA validation failed!

Very unhappy about this.

BS that I didnt want to have to deal with.

They sure do make piracy tempting dont they?

I could have swore I responded to this thread this morning but oh well....

I mailed my COA/POP on January 4th via certified mail and they received it on January 8th. My COA was finally validated on February 2nd. I did speak with a rep several days before the 2nd and he said they were slammed. I thought it was a good deal at the time, but I regret making the purchase now. It's hardly worth the effort considering what you can purchase it for atm.

I thought it was a good deal at the time, but I regret making the purchase now. It's hardly worth the effort considering what you can purchase it for atm.

Yeah, I really only wanted Vista myself. Especially since MCE2005 will be useless anyway.

I guess that's what we all get for jumping the gun on that "free" upgrade promo. Had I known that OEM HP was going to be just $10 more than MCE2005, I would have waited and just bought 2 copies of that.

My order verification page at Moduslink just had a change from the COA/POP has been verified to...

Upgrade Redemption Website

Order Status
Microsoft Office Small Business 2007 1 USD 0.00 USD 0.00 USD 0.00

Shipping USD 11.49
Tax USD 0.86
Total USD 12.35

Order Status : Order is approved
Shipping Date :
AWB# :

That Order Is Approved part is new.

My order verification page at Moduslink just had a change from the COA/POP has been verified to...

Order Status
Microsoft Office Small Business 2007 1 USD 0.00 USD 0.00 USD 0.00

Shipping USD 11.49
Tax USD 0.86
Total USD 12.35

Order Status : Order is approved
Shipping Date :
AWB# :

That Order Is Approved part is new.
That's great! Let us know if they give you a date shipped

I just gave up Vista can go to hell. It's not worth all the problems trying to jump through the hoops for them.:mad: :rolleyes: I can make XP last for at least 10 more years.

by by profit line MS and all the other products that would make up about 20 more computers in the next 5years for me.

I can't get past COA validated and that is all the further I can get even after faxing them the information many times. This is insane.

Order Status

Shipping USD 11.49
Tax USD 0.86
Total USD 12.35

Shipping Date :
AWB# :

maybe thats becasue you're getting office I might be wrong but I think you dont even need to activate offcie online no voa just a cd key, anyway this is the status of my order.

Order Status

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit DVD 1 GBP 0.00 GBP 0.00 GBP 0.00

Shipping GBP 8.56
Tax GBP 1.50
Total GBP 10.06

Order Status : POP/COA validated
Shipping Date :
AWB# :

I just got an email from Moduslink telling me that our Office2007 Upgrade has shipped.
Let's hope that Vista is right behind.
:rolleyes:

Clusterfu***

i dont know what to make of this.My order was coa/pop verified along time ago then they updated the site to include email, and the pop hasnt made a appearance since

Response i just emailed back

already faxed the pop on 12/26/06 . and up until you updated the website to include the email adress the website said P.O.P/ C.O.A Validated. Whats going on.

Order # 1281730

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 9:31 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Regarding coa/pop and ship date <<#499538-1501899#>>

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your interest in the Upgrade Redemption Program.

We have not received a copy of your proof of purchase. Please submit a copy via the instructions listed below. In addition, please include your order confirmation number with your proof of purchase. We cannot complete your order until we have received this information.

Email: email a scanned copy of the confirmation page and a copy of your receipt to:

[email protected]

with the following in the subject line:

Upgrade Redemption Center POP

Fax: Fax the web confirmation page and a copy of your receipt to:

801-431-5616

Mail: Mail the web confirmation page and a copy of your receipt to:

Technical Upgrade Program
P.O. Box 1918
Orem, UT 84059-1918

Regards,

Upgrade Redemption Center

--- Original Message ---

Received: 02-04-2007 9:03 AM America/Denver
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: Regarding coa/pop and ship date

I have a upgrade order in process.

My pop/coa was validated long ago

Now it just says, coa validated after website updated with the email address
added to check order.

Is there something going on with my order

Also when will these ship approximately.

Thank You in advance.

Randall Sealy

------ Please do not remove your unique tracking number! ------
<<#499538-1501899#>>

:mad: I had bought Win XP Media center 2005 for the voucher to get a Copy of VISTA.
Sent the paperwork all was fine after a while i received the email and then my status changed to pop/coa Validated, i thought great, just sit back and wait.

Doh, after a week or so it then said 'SENT TO BACK OFFICE', Shit i thought, so i rang them in holland they were very good, all they wanted was some info on where did i buy the the NEW PC from,oops!.
Ah well, in for a penny in for a pound, i lied.

Now the website says ORDER RECEIVED.
Moduslink did say that there was nothing to worry about and i will receive my copy of VISTA come end of FEBRUARY or there abouts. It's not the wait to see if i do receive Vista or not it's the crap website and lack of info on it that you don't know if you really are going to receive anything.:mad:

Order Status : Order received:
Shipping Date :
AWB# :

they couldnt organize a pissup in a brewery these people there either incompitent or worse dont give a shit.

just got off the phone with them.

my order is good to go, the website just doesnt reflect that.Samantha said that my order should be shipped next week, and all is good

thats a relief

That recent stuff means that your order is all but out the door.
I got precisely the same messages a few days ago and then got the email saying that Office2007 shipped yesterday.
Sounds like Vista is going to ship imminently.
Yes!!!!
:cool:

they couldnt organize a pissup in a brewery these people there either incompitent or worse dont give a shit.
You got that right. That 2 bit website is DOWN AGAIN and my order remains at coa validated the last time I WAS able to use it.:D

So once I use Vista my MCE2005 key will disable itsself?

What if I make an image using TrueImage (done this many times) and then install Vista and I hate it, and I restore my already activated image. What happens then?

your cd key will become invalid so you wont be able to register windows mce in a nutshell.

So once I use Vista my MCE2005 key will disable itsself?

What if I make an image using TrueImage (done this many times) and then install Vista and I hate it, and I restore my already activated image. What happens then?
MS says you CAN go back to MCE but a reactivation call MIGHT be necessary. I asked the same question on MS systems builders website, and that's what I was told.So sayeth MS.Also, your upgrade has to be uninstalled, because the license will be transferred back to MCE..

Code:
your cd key will become invalid so you wont be able to register windows mce in a nutshell

So what if i uninstall MCE 2005 before i install VISTA and install XP instead, then VISTA, will there be any problems?

Code:
your cd key will become invalid so you wont be able to register windows mce in a nutshell

So what if i uninstall MCE 2005 before i install VISTA and install XP instead, then VISTA, will there be any problems?
The upgrade paths of different versions of XP are different, so it really depends on what copy of XP you have. Mainly, it means you won't have the upgrade option, but rather you will have to do a clean/custom install instead.

Back