• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I’m Baaaack!!!

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
Ahhhh, it’s good to be back! After a harrowing 3,600 mile trip through the wilds of Canada, Washington, Oregon, California and Nevada, I am back to work. I spent the majority of the trip without internet access so you’ll have to forgive me if you see an occasional repost here and there. As always, if you see a tech news item that needs to be shared with the world, drop me a line and I’ll get it posted.
 
Welcome back Steve. You should have stopped by in California and said hi. Hope you had a great trip :D
 
Glad your back. Tell us how it went please. I love a good road trip, hearing a good story of one is great also.
 
cast.jpg


Here I am thinking MajorDomo overthrew you!!
 
I had originally planned to make stops all the way down to "meet and greet" but my plans we seriously screwed up when I ended up driving almost 2,000 miles with no cell phone service, no internet (except for occasional internet service at hotels) and no data.

That's what I get for relying too much on technology :(

No internet access and no cell service meant no way to answer e-mail, no way to check reservations, get directions, call friends and family and no way to hook up with you guys on the trip.

I'll know better next time for sure.
 
Welcome back. I feel naked when our Internet goes out. I have to do something else... like take a run. :p
 
The woodland critters all along our West Coast will never be the same again... :eek:

Welcome back. :D
 
I'm on the verge of tears by the time I look at HardForum, since I'm positive there's a chance Steve might not be here. But he is, and relief washes over me in an awesome wave.

Paraphrased from American Psycho :D
 
You were gone?

:D just kidding!

Welcome back bro! I envy you. There are times I'd like to get away from technology for awhile.
 
Cassiar or Al-Can?

I like the Cassiar personally, but last time I drove it was back in 91. Getting from AK to ... anywhere in the lower 48, by car, is not a small trip by any means.
 
But.......were you ever without beer?

Pictures or it never happened!

Sounds like a really nice trip. Being without phone and internet really isn't that bad. We travel once a year to the Carribean and I find it very refreshing not to have all that information beating on me for a week.:cool:
 
Steve, I don't know you, obviously you work for [H], but how did you get 40.7 years w/ this company?
 
Welcome back Steve.

Apple based news just hasn't been the same around here since you were absent.
 
I didn't even know you were gone! :p j/k - glad to see you're back and that you got a nice break, Steve.
 
An intrepid [H] follower caught this picture of Steve on his trip, the last picture the [H] follower took... And to think, that might not even be his morning face! :D

MessinWithSasquatch_2-full.jpg
 
C'mon you've been back for 1 day now but only one attack at Jobitch and non at crApples. Do some more or ill buy an ipod! Ill do it!!

Hey also, no interwebs? You didnt buy an iphone (or any smartphone actually...) did you?
 
Glad to have you back, Steve! :)

Now that you are out of Alaska, you don't have to worry about the engine in your camero cracking from the cold or going outside to find the car buried in snow. :D
 
It is INCREDIBLY hard not to laugh when someone says "aboot" and "ay"


and, for all you Canadians here...what is with ANSWERING A QUESTION WITH A QUESTION!!!! :D
That's pretty funny: You asked a question, but left out the '?' :)

'Eh?' is the equivalent of 'hey?', or "yeah?" or "huh?" which I find all equally annoying when used in the middle or end of a sentence: "Good movie, yeah?"

One exception: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTstgN8ReTo#t=04m28s :D
 
Back
Top