I hate you, Newegg.

I finally got my motherboard of a week. And of course, they packed it upside down, with all of the protection on top.. So the motherboard was facing the bottom with no protection.. Wonder if it's going to work. God Newegg is so retarded.

Yes, at the time denon had a very vague, "make sure to buy from one of our licensed resellers" message, since improved. We had a lively discussion about it on avs at the time. Doesn't change the fact that newegg committed fraud and has been completely unapologetic about it. These guys deserve to be keel-hauled

I agree with a lot of the comments except for the tax part. The online stores are not charging the tax. The states/counties/cities are making them collect sales tax on their behalf. The online stores do not keep this tax as profit, the must pass it off to the proper government entity. So it's not really a con for the store, just a fact of life, like paying tax when you buy something at Burger King or Starbucks.

They charge me extra for shipping to a APO box in Germany. I always amused there was no added cost to ship overseas to a military APO box. Amazon still ships free to APOs on orders over 35$

I agree with a lot of the comments except for the tax part. The online stores are not charging the tax. The states/counties/cities are making them collect sales tax on their behalf. The online stores do not keep this tax as profit, the must pass it off to the proper government entity. So it's not really a con for the store, just a fact of life, like paying tax when you buy something at Burger King or Starbucks.
You're technically right, but to the customer, it doesn't matter who the tax money is going to. If one charges tax and the other doesn't, guess who would get the business if all else equal? Hence my preference to shop at Newegg if they and Amazon have the same price. Amazon charges tax (in TX) whereas Newegg doesn't. I know eventually, the gov.'t will make everyone charge tax. But until then, enjoy tax free shopping at Newegg vs. Amazon. :cool:

great reviews
good pricing
fast shipping

I don't know what you are smoking but. . . The reviews on the tech stuff is usually just as horrible as anywhere else. The pricing is pretty standard for the most part, with I grant you some pretty decent deals on occasion, and shipping IMO is sub par to Amazon by a huge degree.

Where they stand out is the fact they have an excellent search engine and no tax for me currently. That however is offset by an extremely sub par CS. I am currently waiting on a response to two emails from their regular CS and one I sent to their Facebook CS. One emailed on 12/6 the other 12/10. Neither have been responded to on top of their dismal chat support and the fact I have not been able to get through on their phone system for the past week.

I'm glad amazon doesn't charge tax in my area because newegg sucks.

Tigerdirect sells r9 290 for $399 newegg sells for $499. I asked if they would price match since the item had the ironegg they told me only if the item was in stock. Since AMD cards go out of stock almost instantly I asked what happens if the item goes out of stock before they verify the price and I wasn't given a clear answer. Also, if they price match first you need to buy the item then you will get newegg credit. That place became shit and I won't shop there ever again. I wouldn't even call that price matching.

I'm very happy with amazon prime because they have amazing customer service and ship quickly.

I finally got my motherboard of a week. And of course, they packed it upside down, with all of the protection on top.. So the motherboard was facing the bottom with no protection.. Wonder if it's going to work. God Newegg is so retarded.

This makes no sense to me. Don't motherboards come in boxes from the manufacturer? Why would Newegg be responsible for that? Don't they just pack the retail shipping container inside their own Newegg shipping box?

This makes no sense to me. Don't motherboards come in boxes from the manufacturer? Why would Newegg be responsible for that? Don't they just pack the retail shipping container inside their own Newegg shipping box?

Newegg ships motherboards in boxes packed by the manufacturer. It is crazy to blame Newegg for a motherboard being boxed wrong from the factory.

I'm glad amazon doesn't charge tax in my area because newegg sucks.

Tigerdirect sells r9 290 for $399 newegg sells for $499. I asked if they would price match since the item had the ironegg they told me only if the item was in stock. Since AMD cards go out of stock almost instantly I asked what happens if the item goes out of stock before they verify the price and I wasn't given a clear answer. Also, if they price match first you need to buy the item then you will get newegg credit. That place became shit and I won't shop there ever again. I wouldn't even call that price matching.

I'm very happy with amazon prime because they have amazing customer service and ship quickly.

You don't get the price match unless the item is in stock when they check it. This is almost universally applied to all place that do price matching. No stores want to price match someone saying "But the other store had it in stock from 3:15 to 3:35AM today!"

Ever since Newegg started pushing to be the next Amazon, I have been less and less impressed with the quality of their service as well as their prices. I recently ordered a laptop from them, but the wireless wouldn't work further than a few feet from the access point. I requested an RMA, had it approved the same day, shipped it back to them at my expense (shipping laptops via UPS is expensive, even with their discounted shipping rate) and waited for a replacement or refund. A week later they sent me a reply stating that the wireless works and they shipped it back to me. They did not call me and had already shipped the item out by the time I could call them to let them know that it was a range problem, which was clearly stated as my reason for requesting the RMA, but since they could test it at a bench that was apparently all they care about. Now I'm stuck with a laptop that cannot use wireless unless I buy a USB wireless adapter to add to it, using up one of the only two USB ports on the unit because the manufacturer was kind enough to not allow different wireless cards to be installed/recognized by the UEFI...

Only part of it is Newegg's problem or fault, but in the past when I've had these kinds of issues they accepted the RMA with no restocking fee and refunded me for the purchase. I've spent tens of thousands of dollars with them over the years and only rarely had a complaint, but for a not-inexpensive laptop that they would likely have gotten credit for from the manufacturer, they are forcing me to go directly to the manufacturer. I have to wait a few more weeks to be past Newegg's 30-day window in order for the manufacturer to even talk to me...Just not the service I came to expect over the years.

you still owe use taxes... equal to sales tax.

Oh. So you self-report and pay use taxes for everything you buy online?

I can pretty much guess that 99.9% of americans do not voluntarily pay use tax for online transactions that don't have sales tax.

Oh. So you self-report and pay use taxes for everything you buy online?

I can pretty much guess that 99.9% of americans do not voluntarily pay use tax for online transactions that don't have sales tax.

While I imagine that number is probably close to accurate, it does not change the law regarding use taxes. Technically, you are supposed to self-report and pay the appropriate tax. While I am not in agreement with the system (I actually favor the abolition of all sales taxes, which are inherently regressive taxes), it is the system we have until we change it.

FWIW, I still love Newegg. Outside of servers, SAN storage, and laptops, I buy everything we need for work from them and have been for years. We spend about 20k/year on stuff at Newegg and I only once had an issue with them where HDD shipment packaging was meh, other than that it's been great.

No what I'm saying is they put the motherboard box into the Newegg box upside down.. Then they put all their cushion stuff on top of that.. And it's weird, it's like somebody grabbed the box and flipped it in, because the flap was open.

The motherboard in this particular box was on top, with all the stuff on the bottom-- so flipped upside down, the motherboard was, instead of being under all of the protective stuff stuff Newegg put on top, it was the most unprotected thing and shipped upside down.

So they shipped the retail box upside down in the Newegg box!

I also supposedly got a $25.00 Gift Card for the issue of the shipping taking a full week.. Anybody ever get anything like that from Newegg? Does it come in the mail or something?

I just wanted to chime in too. I ordered 4 sticks of the $50 ram last monday (4x4gb), and i figured I would get the item today. Did not get the item, so I checked the tracking number.

Does not exist. Tried DHL, Fedex, USPS, UPS. All of them said the tracking number is invalid. So I call newegg up to ask them whats up. I end up in the waiting ~ 1hr for the call back. Talk to this nice lady, and ask her whats up with my item. She tries what I did, and no go on the tracking number. So she goes on and said that she will replace the item after a 1-3 day claim, then it will get shipped out again which will take 4-7 days.

So i will basically have waited 3 weeks to get 4 sticks of ram...

This is the first time this happened to me with newegg. Never had a problem with them before. Will I order from them again? Probably, im a consumer, and the right price will guide me to a purchase. I'm like everyone else here who has bought thousands of dollars worth of gear from newegg. Are they going down hill? Slowly, don't know why. Is it the ass hats at the top going for a money grab? Probably. Do I care? not really. Do you? Nope.

i ordered something from newegg... and the warranty on the website said 3 yrs, package said 1 yr. Another time a rebate item had to be turned in within 21 days, and I was not expecting it to be so short... I wanted to test the item before I sent in the UPC..so I missed the rebate..

their shenanigans are eating into the savings that I perceived from their offers... now I just hang my head and cry :mad:

i ordered something from newegg... and the warranty on the website said 3 yrs, package said 1 yr. Another time a rebate item had to be turned in within 21 days, and I was not expecting it to be so short... I wanted to test the item before I sent in the UPC..so I missed the rebate..

their shenanigans are eating into the savings that I perceived from their offers... now I just hang my head and cry :mad:

I never take Rebates into account when comparing prices for this exact reason. In fact, I fucking hate rebates. Give me the god damn discount up front you cheap bastages.

I've had the same issue with warranties though in my experience the warranty was actually longer than Newegg listed.

I've never had an issue with shipping though, but I live within an hour of the NJ Warehouse.

Found out their dimension listings for a lot of cases are wrong. Bought a bitfenix phenom to put in a cabinet 13.25" tall. Newegg said the case was 12.99 tall so I ordered it. Turned out to be 13.5" tall and wouldn't fit.

So I was looking around for another, and found the antec isk600. All dimensions Newegg has are way off. Its really only 8" tall, but Newegg said something like 14 or more. Almost skipped over it because of that.

I have never had so many issues with Newegg until this holiday season. They have been so fricken slow, it's unreal. Normally items go through processing and packaging within a day or so, but it seems like all my orders are taking days to upwards of weeks before finally getting shipped. I really hope this isn't a sign of a permanent thing...

EDIT: Packaging has also become very lackluster. Your one airbag doesn't do anything when everything is rattling around as is.

I still like newegg they dont charge me tax yet..

Yeah, that's definitely a plus in the pros column. That and shoprunner. I was bummed when Amazon started taxing, but even with the tax, you usually can find equal, if not better deals, than locally around here (at least speaking from living in the midwest).

You don't get the price match unless the item is in stock when they check it. This is almost universally applied to all place that do price matching. No stores want to price match someone saying "But the other store had it in stock from 3:15 to 3:35AM today!"

Other stores you can simply call and they adjust price at the time of purchase not newegg. One rep told me they would price match as long as the item was in stock at the other store at time of purchase......well they didnt.

Yeah, that's definitely a plus in the pros column. That and shoprunner. I was bummed when Amazon started taxing, but even with the tax, you usually can find equal, if not better deals, than locally around here (at least speaking from living in the midwest).

I agree that Amazon starting to charge tax in Wisconsin is a major bummer but like you ive found even with having to pay tax on Amazon they are still usually cheaper than buying it locally.

Zarathustra[H];1040446008 said:
So, this is your reason for why Newegg has gone downhill, yet you prefer to buy computer parts from Amazon? Lol

Please explain to me how that works :p

When you start out as a specialty store and are the best at it, that specialty suffers when you try to expand into non-related areas. I think that's a large reason why CompUSA died off when I worked there. They had a much larger selection of PC games, software, & hardware, and then they cut down on all of that to make room for huge home entertainment departments that didn't move much merchandise.

I submitted my email complaining about my recent Newegg order. It has been 24 hours and no response as of yet.....

Kid

Yesterday I bought 3x S2740L and preferred to spend an extra 50 dollars (in taxes no less) so I could buy at Amazon over Newegg. That's how little I trust Newegg's customer service on big orders these days. Just thought I'd share.

Yesterday I bought 3x S2740L and preferred to spend an extra 50 dollars (in taxes no less) so I could buy at Amazon over Newegg. That's how little I trust Newegg's customer service on big orders these days. Just thought I'd share.

Yeah, given some of the absurd comments above you nice to see that Newegg PR is posting here - at least some part of their operation is responsive. I've got a $3,000 build I'm putting together over the next month. The money newegg will lose with me going elsewhere is greater than the money they defrauded from me with the Denon receiver. This isn't "some problems" or temporary bad service, this is a company who can't keep up with their competitors circling the drain ala circuit city or kmart. Don't get caught out with expensive hardware you can't return when they eventually sell out or go under for the last time.

I submitted my email complaining about my recent Newegg order. It has been 24 hours and no response as of yet.....

Kid

Good luck my friend. I am at 168 hrs with no response on one email and 72 hrs no response on an email to their facebook CS email. . . I need to keep forgetting and go make a post on their facebook page and hope that elicits a response

Newegg is insanely busy this time of year. I did chat support and waited about 2 hours for a customer service rep.
For my order, it took them 8 days to make a tracking number for a SSD I got, and 3 days for FedEx to receive the package.
Everyone is busy this time of year, UPS was delivered by a plain dressed man in a minivan.

Newegg is insanely busy this time of year. I did chat support and waited about 2 hours for a customer service rep.
For my order, it took them 8 days to make a tracking number for a SSD I got, and 3 days for FedEx to receive the package.
Everyone is busy this time of year, UPS was delivered by a plain dressed man in a minivan.

the UPS driver was wearing a plain dress?

Of course it was a plain dress. He would not want to call attention to himself!!

:D:D:D

Kid

Do they think anyone is fooled by these comments? Whose idea was this rubbish anyway?

While I imagine that number is probably close to accurate, it does not change the law regarding use taxes. Technically, you are supposed to self-report and pay the appropriate tax. While I am not in agreement with the system (I actually favor the abolition of all sales taxes, which are inherently regressive taxes), it is the system we have until we change it.
You're right, but when comparing that Amazon and Tiger Direct charge tax (in my state) whereas Newegg doesn't, when it comes to the price that one gets charged on CC, that will have a pretty big influence, perhaps more so than shipping cost.

I know this thread is about Newegg hate. But since Amazon has been mentioned quite a bit (as a valid competitor to Newegg), I wonder how much Amazon's business will be affected now that they charge tax in a lot more states than a year before coupled with them raising the min. for free delivery by 40% (from $25 to $35). :confused:

I'll gladly pay tax and even a higher price to have amazons speedy shipping, customer service and return policy. Newegg is shiat now. 2-3 days delay in shipping. Repacked returns with missing or broken items sold as new. Non existent or form letter cs after a 3 day wait and an rma process that's more difficult than filling out my taxes and then still getting shafted for no fault of my own. All while strung along on lies and further delays.

I'll buy from tigerdirect before newegg and I hate them almost as much too. And they charge tax here as well.

It's a shame because 5 years ago newegg was awesome. Now they are dog shiat. The nasty stinky kind you can't get off.

Back