• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

I hate you, Newegg.

Why HATE newegg.com?? If you happened not to like them -- take your dollars elsewhere, you are not forced to shop there. Newegg.com is for profit undertaking and they do what they think is going to get them more of that profit thing.

They used to have higher standards. When they have a good deal I'll be the first to point it out or buy. I just bought 2 monitors.

There have been many complaints about HDD shipping being generally shit. I don't remember this happening in "the old days".

I remember them price gouging literally a couple of days after the 8800 GTX was released. I bought one at launch and I don't remember a drought of cards. I could have walked into a Circuit City and bought one for MSRP. Newegg raised prices days after release just because they could.
 
Is this going to be a single "portal" like link or every Newegg link posted from here on out?


Any link of ours will be a "portal" as long as you do not close the browser session before you buy....from what I can tell.
 
Cool! I'll have to remember that then. Anymore I find out more about good deals and hardware here than in their email newsletter. *hint hint @Newegg people reading this*
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I just did a vga replacement within the 30 day period. I don't blame them for doing the 30 day policy because a lot of consumers do abuse those replacement policies... just ask Costco. One thing I do have a gripe about is their shipping fee. It should be free when returning something because it is unfair to those who do have a serious problem. Their RMA process is fast for me at least so I'll give them credit for that.
 
I have personally spent thousands at newegg over the last few years and have never had a problem. this go around I got MOST of my new rig at the egg. I decided to use them because while I DID have to pay tax, all the items were free UPS 3 day shipping. Being fortunate to live in So Cal, I ordered tuesday, had it Wednesday afternoon with NO shipping upgrade. I live near a Microcenter so it was a no brainer to get my i7 930 there ($217.00 out the door... yeah..... CRAZY!) I did use amazon for my Noctua cooler and had no problems ordering and I did receive the cooler in excellent condition. For coming out of Kansas it took a few days but it was cool. Problem was UPS 3 day guarentee was NOT free and I had to pay for the upgrade. I dont like waiting very long for things to get to my place after I order them.

So, in CA for me, yes I pay sales tax but when items have free shipping I get it next day usually. If I order from a site thats out of state, I dont pay sales tax, but I DO have to pay for upgraded shipping which many times makes all teh difference (waiting 3 days or 1 week). And that shipping may very well equal the tax Id have to pay if I had just gotten it from the egg (assuming the egg and store x had competitive prices).
.
Yes having to pay return shipping blows but eh... no big for me.
 
Newegg price is much less attractive now days on many hot items like CPU Motherboard and graphic card, compare to local stores or amazon and some other new comer web stores.

Somehow they started using DHL as one of the shipping option, oh boy, they were the worst shipping company ever with many mess ups and inaccurate tracking.

Even the newsletter i recieve, the "special" price in it was no special deal at all.
 
Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I check about 5 different places first, starting with Amazon. Up until about 6 months ago, newegg was always the first.
 
I've cut my ties from the Egg as well. I'm just so damn tired of their lack of courtesy. It's like a battle to shop there. I'm sick of wasting 10 bucks for on every other harddrive I buy because of all the bricks. C'est la vie.
 
...
/jaw drops
...

Sticky this as the most horrifying packaging ever.

Every hard drive i have ever received from newegg has always been wrapped in THICK bubble wrap and buried ina big box with peanut packaging all the way around. That amazon packing is weak at best!
 
I put in an order sunday night for an ASUS 890GX with sempron 140 (among other things). Today the price dropped $5 and there was a $10 promo. I went on to live chat, and they refunded the $10 for the promo code, just not the $5 for the drop.
 
Every hard drive i have ever received from newegg has always been wrapped in THICK bubble wrap and buried ina big box with peanut packaging all the way around. That amazon packing is weak at best!

I just got another drive yesterday and it was wrapped, As always, In bubble wrap several times and packed w/ peanuts and drive, As with everyone I've gotten from the egg, Has worked great.
 
I put in an order sunday night for an ASUS 890GX with sempron 140 (among other things). Today the price dropped $5 and there was a $10 promo. I went on to live chat, and they refunded the $10 for the promo code, just not the $5 for the drop.
Going by your policy: If you would have called several times, I'm sure you could have gotten it;)
 
Why doesn’t newegg simply offer a 90 day return period on the grey market Pioneer products they sell? From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_market

“A grey market or gray market is the trade of a commodity through distribution channels which, while legal, are unofficial, unauthorized, or unintended by the original manufacturer.”

Newegg says you get the manufacturer’s warranty by simply registering the product online at Pioneer but Pioneer says they will not honor the warranty on newegg purchases.

All in all best to order from an authorized dealer like www.al-eds.com in the first place. Lower price, no problem with manufacturer’s warranty, price matching and far better customer service.

All in all my concern is just how many products newegg sells originate from grey market sources and why isn’t newegg upfront about grey market items in the first place?



-----Original Message-----
From: customer support pioneerservice
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 4:13 PM
To:
Subject: RE: Warranty and Service Issues|XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX


We reiterate that newegg.com is neither an authorized dealer or authorized "reseller" (distributor dealer) for Pioneer Electronics products at this time, and that purchases from unauthorized dealers or distributors are not covered by Pioneer's Limited Warranty.

Claims made by dealers or resellers as to their authority to represent Pioneer are invalid unless confirmed by Pioneer, as are any claims made regarding Pioneer's warranty practices and obligations (the act of registering your product on Pioneer's website provides no guarantee of warranty coverage).

Thank You,

Mark XXXXXXXX
Supervisor, Warranty and Service
Pioneer Electronics CRM
 
Last edited:
So if I bought a dvd burner from newegg, Pioneer wouldnt honor the warranty?

Not sure about DVD burners, the newegg/pioneer warranty issue does apparently affect both home and car audio products. Personally I would not be concerned over a $25 to $50 product such as a DVD burner. When I buy more expensive products I personally want the manufacturer's warranty.

I am concerned that newegg appears to be selling grey market products at retail prices and lists the manufacturer's warranty in the item description...
 
Last edited:
So it's neweggs fault Pioneer won't break their own rules to cater to you?
 
^ Does NewEgg have a disclaimer on their page making you aware that Pioneer may or may not warranty the product they are selling? If not I'd say yes.
 
Newegg customer service says: "I told you that they WILL honor the applicable manufacturer warranty as long as you register the product."

Pioneer says: "We reiterate that newegg.com is neither an authorized dealer or authorized "reseller" (distributor dealer) for Pioneer Electronics products at this time, and that purchases from unauthorized dealers or distributors are not covered by Pioneer's Limited Warranty.

Claims made by dealers or resellers as to their authority to represent Pioneer are invalid unless confirmed by Pioneer, as are any claims made regarding Pioneer's warranty practices and obligations (the act of registering your product on Pioneer's website provides no guarantee of warranty coverage)."
 
^ Does NewEgg have a disclaimer on their page making you aware that Pioneer may or may not warranty the product they are selling? If not I'd say yes.

Item I refused delivery on when UPS showed up:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882117330


"Manufacturer Warranty

Beyond any applicable Newegg return policy, this item is warranted independently by the product's Manufacturer. Below is a summary provided for convenience only and may not be accurate or current. Use this link for full details.

* Manufacturer Limited Warranty period (parts): 1 year
* Manufacturer Limited Warranty period (labor): 90 days"

Can be had for less money from an authorized online Pioneer dealer with manufacturer's warranty.

I ended up buying a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X794 and a separate HD tuner www.al-eds.com beat Crutchfield's price by over $20. I have bought from Crutchfield several times but this is the first time I bought from al-eds, so far seems like a good place. They have a pricematch policy and I was impressed by how they handle price matching.

IMHO, one needs to keep a close eye on newegg these days...
 
Last edited:
I have not read the entire thread so if its already been asked (and I am sure it has) sorry....

You can't return the item? It says it :

Return Policies

This item is covered by Newegg.com's Standard Return Policy.

* Return for refund within: 30 days
* Return for replacement within: 30 days
* Restocking Fee: Yes
 
Newegg, once upon a time, you were great. You used to have a 1-year replacement policy, you used to have standard 30-day returns on everything except CPUs. You used to have better prices than anywhere else, and, long ago, you didn't gouge me on CPU prices.

Now, though, you're just a rotten egg.

You have so many different RMA policies it's difficult to keep track of which is which. You've turned a system that was helpful and sane (30 days for a refund, one year for a replacement) into something totally wrong. The video card I recently bought came with a limited VGA 30-day replacement-only policy. This means that no matter what is wrong with it, I can never get a refund, and after 30 days, there's no way to get it replaced except through the manufacturer. Even if I ship it back to you, you make me pay for the return shipping. And don't get me started on your obscene, "industry standard" 15% restocking fee.

Because I live in California, I have to pay your sales tax. That's about 10% since I'm in the LA area, so your golden prices have no luster anymore. Combined with your higher prices and awful return policies, I want nothing to do with you. It's cheaper to buy that i7-930 at Frys, where I can make sure it's not a paperweight in the box at the store. It's safer to buy that video card from Amazon, which has an excellent return policy--30 days without restocking fee--and free shipping. I'm spending several hundred dollars--what a concept that the shipping would be free! What a concept that I should be able to return something and get all my money back!

Newegg, I hate you. Your website is only useful for research, and I never want to buy from you again.

Sincerely,
Thug Esquire

If you don't mind waiting for 3 weeks for Amazon to ship the card. I bought a 5870 recently. Amazon didn't expect to even process my order for 2-3 weeks after I ordered it. I went with Newegg and the card shipped the afternoon of the day I ordered it.

As for RMA and warranties, I always RMA directly through the manufacturer, and I only buy video cards with lifetime warranties. (eVGA, XFX, Visiotek, etc.)
 
I have not read the entire thread so if its already been asked (and I am sure it has) sorry....

You can't return the item? It says it :

Refused delivery on it. This is not about newegg's 30 day return. It concerns grey market products on newegg listed as coming with manufacturer's warranty.
 
So it's neweggs fault Pioneer won't break their own rules to cater to you?

LOL, should newegg advertise grey market goods as coming with the manufacturer's warranty?

Not Pioneer's fault, just trying to warn people that items they buy from newegg may very well be grey market.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_market

“A grey market or gray market is the trade of a commodity through distribution channels which, while legal, are unofficial, unauthorized, or unintended by the original manufacturer.”
 
we order a grand a month atleast, no issues at all from newegg, in NY too so having the place in NJ no tax and next day deliver usually.

and the support is great, i have had tons of items that needed to return either just by ordering wrong, and when you do volume they will accept a return no matter what, even small stuff they will take back
 
i had a evga 480 in my cart and then newegg took it out after i put my credit card info :(
 
i had a evga 480 in my cart and then newegg took it out after i put my credit card info :(
Better that than to allow you to charge your card without having a 480 to send you.
If you don't mind waiting for 3 weeks for Amazon to ship the card. I bought a 5870 recently. Amazon didn't expect to even process my order for 2-3 weeks after I ordered it. I went with Newegg and the card shipped the afternoon of the day I ordered it.
Amazon shipped me my replacement 5770 with next-day shipping for $3.99. I did get it the next day. No problem.
 
Last edited:
eeek, i just went through my 9 pages of order history from newegg and it came to $7300.

I need to find a less expensive hobby.
 
Wow, what a huge thread! I haven't read the 11 pages of posts yet, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's already been mentioned. I heard rumors Newegg is planning to public, and perhaps that's why their policies are becoming more stingy lately. :confused:
 
17:01:59 : Lillian has joined this session!

17:01:59 : Connected with Lillian. Your reference number for this chat session is 1495967.

17:01:59 : Hello my name is Lillian. How may I help you today?

17:02:50 : Jared Adams: I just submitted an RMA. I am inquiring about the restocking fee on a defective piece of merchandise

17:04:43 : Jared Adams: ...

17:05:54 : Lillian: We sincerely apologize for the confusion. Please kindly note that we will not charge restocking fee for defective items, but all RMA’s issued online are bound with the 15% restocking fee. I have waived the restocking fee for your RMA # 25353968. In addition, I have issued a shipping label to your RMA # 25353968 for you to send the item back at no cost of your own.

17:06:32 : Jared Adams: that is VERY helpful! :)

17:07:04 : Lillian: An email will be sent to you within the next 24 hours with a prepaid UPS shipping label. Please print the label and tape it onto the outside of your returning package. This label does expire in 7 days, so please make sure you send this package as soon as possible or you may have to incur the return shipping cost. Was I able to resolve your issue or answer all your questions today?

17:07:17 : Jared Adams: You have thank you very much

17:07:39 : Lillian: You are welcome. Thank you for visiting Newegg.com. Please feel free to contact us anytime and I hope you have an eggcellent day!


THERE IS HOPE PEOPLE!!!
 
As someone who's rarely had to deal with their restocking/RMA policies, the only changes I've noticed are the additional shipping prices.

I wouldn't say that they're good for nothing but reviews now, but a lot of other vendors are bring equally or more attractive prices and offers to light.
 
A little update from NJ warehouse.
The last orders that i recieved from there made me change my mind. Im not gonna order anything from newegg anymore.

- 2-3 days processing time
- wrong items in the box and i have to pay for return shipping and wait 4 weeks till i hopefully get the right item back ?? you gotta be kidding.
- really lousy packaging, if at all you find a piece of brown packaging paper in the box, but normally they just throw the item in the box without any packaging material at all.
- the cardboard boxes looked like they were used before

so for anyone else living at east coast and reciving their stuff from NJ warehouse, think twice.
 
Back
Top