I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

That card is definitely defective. Those temperatures are not even close to normal.

Don't waste money coming up with cooling solutions that beat around the bush and delay the inevitable total failure of that part - RMA your card.

PCI slot cooler from Thermaltake for like $15 did push my non-OC temps @ full load to 80C for the GPU core, but I mean when I had my gtx 260 in my other rig, an Antec 900, the OC'd temps with the side panel on and all 5 HUGE fans blasting away was only 70C @ full load 45C @ idle!!!!!! LOL, such a HUGE difference

Honestly I had these issues with a 8800GTS 640mb too, friggin 90C

Any thoughts about the Thermalright HR-03 GTX????

PCI slot cooler from Thermaltake for like $15 did push my non-OC temps @ full load to 80C for the GPU core, but I mean when I had my gtx 260 in my other rig, an Antec 900, the OC'd temps with the side panel on and all 5 HUGE fans blasting away was only 70C @ full load 45C @ idle!!!!!! LOL, such a HUGE difference

Honestly I had these issues with a 8800GTS 640mb too, friggin 90C

Any thoughts about the Thermalright HR-03 GTX????

Yea man RMA that shit - only ATI cards are allowed to get that hot :p :D

Here's a couple of pictures of my A05-B. Right now I wonder if it would be possible to flip the HR-03 GT and put another video card in the bottom PCI-e slot. Does anyone know if there's enough clearance above the motherboard for that to be possible?

inside-noflash.jpg

inside-flash.jpg

mentholmoose: unlikely. I had a HR03GT in my A05 for awhile and considered flipping it, but I believe there wouldn't be enough clearance for the fan, especially if you're using the 'second' pcie slot on the motherboard. Not absolutely certain as I don't own either anymore.. but I'd get confirmation from someone before making your decision.

I used the current card downfacing in the lower slot, so that shouldn't be a problem. It's just the clearance between the upper slot and the top of the case, assuming I get a second HR-03 GT to cool the newer card. If I don't, I'm absolutely certain it would fit, but then it would likely create a heat issue.

Im sure many would rather get one from the egg for $90 shipped and do the window mod themselfs ;)

Just ordered a Lian-Li BS-08 Dual 120mm Fan Internal Dual Slot PCI Cooler for my A05.

Basically this but upside down in a A05. :confused:
]http://lian-li.com/v2/tw/product/upload/image/BS-08/BS-08-04.jpg[/img]

1) Should I have both the back fan and BS08 intake (Note: BS08 will be blowing directly down onto video card from above) while the front fan exhausts? Or should I have both the front and back fans intake while the BS08 exhausts?

2) Also, I am planning to get a GTX260 soon. I have a two DVD drives including cable that sticks ~2in out from the end of the drive cage. Will I have room for the card?

Note from FLECOM: Do not hotlink images, host them yourself

I would have the BS08 exhaust and put it as close to the top of the case as I could. It really needs a blowhole from the factory.

I would have the BS08 exhaust and put it as close to the top of the case as I could. It really needs a blowhole from the factory.
Plus, assuming you have a video card that exhausts it's hot air out the back, the BS-08 would only suck up that hot air and blow it back into the case again. I would just use the default airflow and add the BS-08 as exhaust.

mentholmoose, I assume that's a harddrive under your DVD (or whatever) drive? How do you silence that thing? I kept mine there for a day and that noise was just awful.

mentholmoose, I assume that's a harddrive under your DVD (or whatever) drive? How do you silence that thing? I kept mine there for a day and that noise was just awful.
I've got a DVD drive in the top bay, an HDD in the middle bay in a 3.5" to 5.25" adapter, and another HDD in the bay below that. I got lucky, and got fairly quiet hard drives, and any sound is easily dampened by the noise dampening material I've got and drowned out by a window fan.

Mentholmoose, there is barely just enough clearance for the fan to not hit the top of the case, but your original card, will have the hr-03 mounted on the back, so its close to your big CPU cooler, and the new card will be mounted on the front, so it will be VERY close to the top, but there is space, but more importantly, an x48....SLi capable????? I know for sure it does crossfire but you will be doing 2 8800GT's...so...yeah...think about that one.

To all the suggestions and help, thank you guys. I ended up getting to Scythe Kaze fans both 110CFM fans for the case and with original GTX 260 fan @ 60% with an additional side panel fan, (old lian li fan) my GPU temps went from 100C load (LOL...) to 65C FULL LOAD!!! IT even drop my CPU temps down to 40C full load where I used to go up to 50C. I got the GTX 260 for only $160 and didnt want to return cause it was such a good deal and didnt want to RMA cause its a friggin MSI and their customer service is horrid as they generally just ship back the original product without fixing it...as I have experienced before.

Mentholmoose, there is barely just enough clearance for the fan to not hit the top of the case, but your original card, will have the hr-03 mounted on the back, so its close to your big CPU cooler, and the new card will be mounted on the front, so it will be VERY close to the top, but there is space, but more importantly, an x48....SLi capable????? I know for sure it does crossfire but you will be doing 2 8800GT's...so...yeah...think about that one.
I'm not using 8800GT's. Right now I've got a Sapphire 3870, and I'm going to be getting a 4850 for more than two monitors.

Could someone measure if there is enough space to fit Thermochill PA120.1 radiator in front (removing the drive cage)? If it does, it would be awesome as i could have 120.3 in this small case - 120.2 fits on top, as someone here has done it.

Could someone measure if there is enough space to fit Thermochill PA120.1 radiator in front (removing the drive cage)? If it does, it would be awesome as i could have 120.3 in this small case - 120.2 fits on top, as someone here has done it.

Yes, it fits, barbs down or up. I will put 120.3 on bottom, so may be you could do same thing - instead 120.2 use 120.3 - less barbs, less leaks;)

Yes, it fits, barbs down or up. I will put 120.3 on bottom, so may be you could do same thing - instead 120.2 use 120.3 - less barbs, less leaks;)

would love to see that! where u'll be putting psu? any sketches?

Now I need to finish my current project, then will take my hands on A05:)
What I'm gonna do is:
  • flip mobo tray over on the right side, so it will be like regular case
  • put PA 120.3 on bottom
  • move PSU up leaving small space for slim dvd on top
  • get rid of all hdd/dvd cages and make my own from acrylic
  • put few lights in, hang a celling on top with leds and fans - 2x120mm fans blow hot air out of the case
  • cover/hide ALL cables
  • make nice side window
  • make a new front panel - acrylic and aluminium panels, laser cut designs...
  • install i7 920 and two GTX280 in SLI with DFI mATX x58 mobo :)
I alrady have all watercooling bits with PA 120.3 - now I need the case, looking for used one, cause I'm gonna cut it all up nicely with my dremel:) Also still saving money for i7 stuff:)

heh sounds nice, but too much hassle for me :rolleyes:

think I'll do the TC 120.2 on top with 120.1 in front.. Fans on both rads would be in pull position so blowing fresh air into case and the rear would be exhaust.. Also looking to DFI mATX x58 & GTX295

I was seriously considering moving to an A05B once I start my new job and I had a couple concerns:

crayzie418 said that he had temp problems with his 8800GTS, I have 2 of them in SLI, will it be too hot?
(I could always get a PCI cooler, would that work?)

Also, someone told me that he had an A05B for a while but his temps were WAY high because of the heatpipes on his motherboard. I have the Asus M2N32 Deluxe wireless edition, will this overheat? anyone know?

I was seriously considering moving to an A05B once I start my new job and I had a couple concerns:

crayzie418 said that he had temp problems with his 8800GTS, I have 2 of them in SLI, will it be too hot?
(I could always get a PCI cooler, would that work?)

Also, someone told me that he had an A05B for a while but his temps were WAY high because of the heatpipes on his motherboard. I have the Asus M2N32 Deluxe wireless edition, will this overheat? anyone know?

I used to have SLi issues, but as I stated with an update reply, my GTX 260 is running cool right now, I just have to replace the case fans with 2 Scythe Kaze 110cfm fans and moved one of those fans onto the side panel right near the inlet of my video card fan. I would not hesitate to SLi 2 GTX 260's, you shouldn't worry either. My temps as we speak: with ambient temp being about 70 F is 34C on my [email protected] and my GPU @ 700/1500/2400 idle @ 42C and full load @ 55C, my northbridge is at 45C and I have a 780i. SLi if you want to!!! Don't worry, just get some better fans that actually push air, that's it. No need to spend $60 on HR-03 coolers, if you have adequate case cooling, push the air out the top of the case if you can too, im planning on drilling out holes out the top too!

I used to have SLi issues, but as I stated with an update reply, my GTX 295 is running cool right now, I just have to replace the case fans with 2 Scythe Kaze 110cfm fans and moved one of those fans onto the side panel right near the inlet of my video card fan. I would not hesitate to SLi 2 GTX 260's, you shouldn't worry either. My temps as speak with ambient temp being about 70 F is 34C on my [email protected] and my GPU @ 700/1500/2400 idle @ 42C and full load @ 55C, my northbridge is at 45C and I have a 780i. SLi if you want to!!! Don't worry, just get some better fans that actually push air, that's it. No need to spend $60 on HR-03 coolers, if you have adequate case cooling, push the air out the top of the case if you can too, im planning on drilling out holes out the top too!
With those temps, do you really need to? That's great news. I wouldn't mind getting another PC-A05B but I just bought a new case. :(

:p Thanks. There's a lot of info to comb through in this thread. I didn't feel like reading the entire thread.
All you have to do is go to the 'search this thread' at the top of the page and search for "water". A bunch of people's watercooled A05's are listed.

Quick Review of BS-08

*I'm not an expert and this review is to inform others who are might be interested in the BS08.*

I just installed the black BS-08 PCI Cooler. There is also a silver version. They are $40-$50 and can be found on a couple online sites like Newegg or FrozenCPU.

I was not able to install it on the top two PCI slots due to mobo headers (Abit IP35 Pro) getting in the way making the BS08 not flush, so I had to move it down one PCI slot. It was a PITA to screw it in since it is ~1 inch wider than the PCI slot (Very sharp angle to use screw driver). It took me forever to screw in the top PCI, so I used a thumb screw to screw in the bottom PCI since it was faster and easier (I had to use two fingers for the thumb screw since there was little space to work with).

Sorry for bad pics. Don't have a camera so used cell phone instead.
IMG_0009.jpg

The fit is secure. The weight of the fans makes it slightly slanted down, but it is very close to being straight across. There are two L-brackets that comes with the cooler, but they are incompatible with the A05. The brackets are used to support the BS08 and make it straight. I have a single slot 8600 gt. There are two empty PCI slots above my 8600gt. Even with the BS08 moved down one PCI slot, there is plenty of room for a large card or dual slot card. The downside is that it will cover up your PCI mobo slots. If you can install the BS08 on the top two slots, then there is room for one large card dual slot like 8800gtx and one single slot sound/video card (Not sure about SLI, but if it is single slot and you can install the BS08 on top two PCI then it looks possible). For me, I can only install one large card dual slot card. I don't even have enough room for a sound card since the capacitors will touch the fan grills directly.

IMG_0011.jpg

The two fans used are the same as the stock Lian Li A05 fans. The BS08 fans are mounted the same way as the A05 case fans with rubber grommets. They sounded slightly quieter than the case fans they are inside of a shroud. My 8600gt fan at 30% drowns them out, but they can be slightly heard. I would recommend using a fan controller and replacing the two fans with something quieter.

Using RivaTuner for temps. My 8600gt (clock 600/1600) only dropped ~3 C on idle so it is now 44 C. When playing Left 4 Dead, temps dropped ~2 C and is now at ~56 C. As for the case, the top of it isn't even warm to the touch. You can feel warm air being exhausted out the back. The BS08 seems to do a good job.

I think that cutting a hole on the top of the case would yield better results. If you don't want to cut your case then the BS08 is a good solution.

Pros:
- Works Well
- No modding or cutting involved
- Removable 120mm fans
- Lian Li craftsmanship

Cons:
- Pricey!!!
- Difficult to install especially in A05
- Loss of 2-3 PCI mobo slots (depends if BS08 is installed on top two slots or not)

Anyone successfully fit water cooling equipment in this case?

Yea I had a 240Rad + Pump + Microres + GT in mine... fit pretty comfortable honestly...

I have since dumped the A05 for mediocre air-cooling and lack of room for HDD's (But now I'm back to 3 HDD's so I could go with an A05 again, but I think I'll probably get a Silverstone FT01 and remove the 2nd HDD cage it comes with... :eek:

Got mine back from the anodizer today. still have to get some decent pics. Maybe tomorrow.
]

How much did it cost your to anodize the case? I would like to do it to mine. Either that or powder coat, maybe even just spray paint it.

Back