I got my LianLi PC-A05B ! it's Small!

mattt said:
none of the pictures seem to work for me, could you host somewhere else? :O

Email me I'll send you the pics...email in sig.

looks like people with 120 / 140 mm fans in their PSU are pretty airflow impeded... unless you hack up the HDD cage.

crap, good point. didn't even notice that. looks like it might need a little more modding than I thought... :rolleyes: but still a sweet case! :D

I'm wondering how well a 120mm CPU HSF will fit, such as the Zalman CNPS7700. Looks like one of those would hit the bottom of the chassis...and I like 120mm HSF's :(

Has anyone here attempted to install a watercooling setup in this case?

exactly what I was thinking, any chance of fitting a 240mm rad on the top(blowhole). might block a pci slot or two, but otherwise?

could probably get away with a single 120 on the back(intake fan).

hmmm?

IF you have the front as an in and the back as an out wouldn't the heat form the PSU affect the front intake? Also it seems that this setup would mess around with the airflow inside.

I think that OP has a nice idea as the back in and the front out.

I like the case but I don't know. Need more pics. :p

IF you have the front as an in and the back as an out wouldn't the heat form the PSU affect the front intake? Also it seems that this setup would mess around with the airflow inside.
The airflow is back to front from the factory. The rear fan is an intake, and the front fan is an exhaust.

This is a very nice case, but Lian Li could put some ventilation holes in the front panel, not just of the side of it..

I dunno about the airflow of this case. I know that most people don't have their case(s) facing them, but I'd be quite annoyed if the front exhaust was blowing on me.

I'd also be concerned if the back of the case were close to the wall. I'd rather the intake have plenty of breathing room than the exhaust.

The case is quite sexy though, save for the top-mounted ports (although if the case is positioned below you near the floor it's quite convenient).

looks like people with 120 / 140 mm fans in their PSU are pretty airflow impeded... unless you hack up the HDD cage.

Where do you get this information? :rolleyes:

exactly what I was thinking, any chance of fitting a 240mm rad on the top(blowhole). might block a pci slot or two, but otherwise?

could probably get away with a single 120 on the back(intake fan).

hmmm?

You should be able to, I think you can even do tripple (360mm), you will lose slot space and a drive space.

I dunno about the airflow of this case. I know that most people don't have their case(s) facing them, but I'd be quite annoyed if the front exhaust was blowing on me.

I'd also be concerned if the back of the case were close to the wall. I'd rather the intake have plenty of breathing room than the exhaust.

The case is quite sexy though, save for the top-mounted ports (although if the case is positioned below you near the floor it's quite convenient).

It doesn't "blow" on you, it vents out the sides of the front bezel, so it's not really a big deal. You can't stick the case too close to the back of the wall otherwise how would you be able to plug in any of your perepherals?

Where do you get this information? :rolleyes:
I think he's referring to the fact that PSUs with 120+mm fans have them set on the top of the PSU. When mounted in this case that either means the fan will be pointed at the bottom of the case or the hard drive cage and either way airflow is less than desirable. It's one reason I'm opting for the Silencer 610w for my next build: it has a single 80mm fan on the front of the PSU so exhaust shouldn't be a problem.

I think he's referring to the fact that PSUs with 120+mm fans have them set on the top of the PSU. When mounted in this case that either means the fan will be pointed at the bottom of the case or the hard drive cage and either way airflow is less than desirable. It's one reason I'm opting for the Silencer 610w for my next build: it has a single 80mm fan on the front of the PSU so exhaust shouldn't be a problem.

Yes, but the bracket is rotatable so you can have the intake face either way... also, the psu is lifted from the bottom of the case and has a large standoff from the base... so you wont have any airflow constraints.

You can't stick the case too close to the back of the wall otherwise how would you be able to plug in any of your perepherals?

I didn't think anyone would actually think I had my case up against a wall and turned on without anything plugged into the back, but thank you for the benefit of the doubt.:p

I didn't think anyone would actually think I had my case up against a wall and turned on without anything plugged into the back, but thank you for the benefit of the doubt.:p

Well then that debunks the myth that it won't get good airflow for "back of the case were close to the wall" ;)

Well it's resting in a table piece with a couple shelves and a space for a tower. This piece supplements the larger computer desk piece. Neither piece is actually against the wall. And the wood piece stopping my tower from falling backwards out of it gives it even more room to breathe.

Unfortunately putting things against the wall means restricts access. I guess it'd be worse if it were built into the wall:p

Actually, that reminds me of the cool air return vents in houses. Older houses don't even have actual vents, as they don't even have insulation in the walls. Sounds like a good space for an in-wall box :D

Yes, but the bracket is rotatable so you can have the intake face either way... also, the psu is lifted from the bottom of the case and has a large standoff from the base... so you wont have any airflow constraints.

hey Ockie...

do you think that the spacer is sufficient to give a PSU enough breathing room if I mounted a PSU with the fan facing down?
I was debating on whether to dremel out a hole on the floor of the case for the PSU but the low stance of the case really won't allow THAT much air anyways...

hey Ockie...

do you think that the spacer is sufficient to give a PSU enough breathing room if I mounted a PSU with the fan facing down?
I was debating on whether to dremel out a hole on the floor of the case for the PSU but the low stance of the case really won't allow THAT much air anyways...

There is about an inch of clearance below the PSU.

haha - thx for the response -

i already built the rig and actually cut out a hole under the PSU to let air in. that also involved removing the spacer bracket that was there so I used a coupla rubber bumpstops to hold up the PSU and reduce vibration... :D

I'm having a hard time figureing this out: How many, if any, of the Lian Li aluminum CD drive bezels/doors come with this case?

Airflow is good. You can also purchase the lian li card cooler and could mod fans into the case if desired.

how is the airflow out of the front of the case?
It's pretty good actually. I swapped out the default fans for yate loons and I can feel the air coming out of the side vents on the front panel. It certainly isn't going to compete with an Antec 900 or Stacker or something else with 4+ 120mm fans, but I have my e6400 running at 3.2ghz at about 55C under full load and the room is the warmest one in the house so the airflow is just fine.

hm might upgrade to this then =)... i'd love to have a smaller case that I bring to college with me...

Finally a nice case I would use :)

Does anyone know where to order one in Canada since I didn't find any store stocking this one ? The one I could do is order from performance-pcs.com but the customs would probably rape me along with the delays.

Does anyone know of any other cases that have this small size and the psu in the front (I love that idea!)

any more pics with the case filled up but with front cover on? how much clearance did you have for your that cpu hsf? I'm wondering if there's space for any of the 12cm hsf

any more pics with the case filled up but with front cover on? how much clearance did you have for your that cpu hsf? I'm wondering if there's space for any of the 12cm hsf

check sig...

and yes, you should have room for bigger HSF's

Just ordered the PC-A05 and a 12 inch window kit w/120mm fan mount. Hopefully it will provide decent airflow for the 8800GTX i ordered with it.

All should arrive next week, woohoo!

It's pretty good actually. I swapped out the default fans for yate loons and I can feel the air coming out of the side vents on the front panel. It certainly isn't going to compete with an Antec 900 or Stacker or something else with 4+ 120mm fans, but I have my e6400 running at 3.2ghz at about 55C under full load and the room is the warmest one in the house so the airflow is just fine.

i am having a weird issue with my A05B fans and my intel bad axe 2. the problem drove me nuts.

basically i was getting a clicking noise coming from *both* fans. i never unplugged both case fans at the same time, so i was hearing the clicking noise when i pulled each seperately. it wasnt until i pulled both from the motherboard that i realized that the clicking sound was a fan issue.

the fans run smooth, so im a bit perplexed. i am happy to swap out the standard fans to see if that does it, but im not sure if its a fan issue, or a power issue.

so after my rambling response, i guess im looking for a good 120mm fan recommendation. super quiet!

My PC-A05B should be here Thursday. Typically stock case fans suck, so I ordered Yate Loon 120mm to replace them when I ordered.

Would always recommend Yates.

What are your thoughts on the reverse flow? I really dig this case, but the thought of my Tuniq belching off its heat into my hard drive kind of scares me. I was thinking along the lines of making it front to back, but then the exhaust of the powersupply would be getting sucked into the new 'intake' in the front. So hard to want small but always drawing the conclusion that heat=big case. Unless you guys can think of something better? Somehow water cooling with a top mount radiator in this case like is shown elsewhere in these forums seems like such a sweet idea.

The 120mm in the drive cage, 120mm in the PSU and 80mm in the PSU should push the heat out enough. In addition I ordered a 12x12 window with a 120mm mount, that puppy is going near my 8800 GTX for exhaust.

It should provide enough flow with minimul noise. I too am waiting for my Tuniq 120 to come in. Since this computer will sit on top of my desk and 10 inches from the wall, the airflow from the back should be fine. Either that or reverse all the airflow manually via turning the fans around in the PSU, cage and rear case, something I am thinking of doing.

Back