Humble Bundle Freedom

Nice deal if you don't already have some of the bigger titles on there.

Hmm about the only one that interests me is Subnautica, which I've had my eye on.

This bundle would make a great gift for a casual gamer or someone getting started who didn't pick them up in the Steam Winter sale.

It's still a damn good deal. They've run out of keys for a lot of games due to the popularity of it. The Witness and Stardew Valley are worth the price alone IMO

It is debatable. The original bundle included very few games I was interested in, and not because I owned a bunch already (in fact I don't believe I owned a single one of them). I didn't feel it was worth $30, and that was before a bunch of games were removed due to running out of keys.

Maybe if someone really likes more casual games it is still worth buying, but my wallet remains safe.

BTW, Stardew was the early unlock for Humble's Monthly bundle a few months ago. It could have been had then for $12 (or less) with a bunch of other games. That was a better deal IMO.

So it's debatable because you own the games already! If someone doesn't own these games it's an amazing deal (or if they want to buy keys for their friends and support the devs/charities.)

The Witness can be had for $20 these days, and is definitely a title worth buying if you're into the art-side of gaming. If you're looking for something non-casual and full of inflated statistics and unlocks then go that route and buy those games instead! (and the inevitable DLC that comes with them.)

I play CS:GO competitively on various ladders and completely approve of a lot of these "casual" titles. To dismiss it because you already own some of the games makes sense to you but not to others who don't own them already.

So it's debatable because you own the games already! If someone doesn't own these games it's an amazing deal (or if they want to buy keys for their friends and support the devs/charities.)

The Witness can be had for $20 these days, and is definitely a title worth buying if you're into the art-side of gaming. If you're looking for something non-casual and full of inflated statistics and unlocks then go that route and buy those games instead! (and the inevitable DLC that comes with them.)

I play CS:GO competitively on various ladders and completely approve of a lot of these "casual" titles. To dismiss it because you already own some of the games makes sense to you but not to others who don't own them already.

No, I don't own any of the games in the freedom bundle. I didn't buy it because I do not value 40 casual games at $30. I probably would have bit at $5 or $10, but anything more than that and it is just not worth it to me.

I also play CS:GO, but I don't need the games I play to be competitive. If this was a bundle of 40 rpg-maker rpgs I would have bought it. I will readily admit I have a pretty narrow sweet spot when it comes to games. RPGs, strategy games and FPS is about all I play, really. Anything else I either give to the wife or kids, or I give away on steamgifts.

Would of bought, but with the 3 games already sold out, gotta pass. I was in for Witness and Subnautica and Stardew.

I bought it when the site didn't say anything about Subnautica being out of stock and didn't even get a key. Oh well. I mostly bought it for The Witness and planned on donating to the ACLU anyway so it's all good.

This one has a few good ones, but I suggest if a Humble Bundle is bad, we call it a Humble Bunghole.

I don't own any of those games, nor have I heard of any of them. Looks like a bunch of shit indie titles that are given away for free every month for PS Plus subscribers.

I believe they added some 16 games to the list the other day.

What games? I took a glance at the list again and nothing really jumps out at me

I'm not sure since I've already gone back through all of them on my purchase but if I'm not mistaken it is the last ones on the actual bundle page.

I also just went back to my purchase page for the bundle after I already went over it yesterday and there were two others there. So not sure if they just didn't get them added to the account yesterday or what. lol

Worth noting that Subnautica (one of the bigger titles on this list) is "sold out"...somehow.

I don't own any of those games, nor have I heard of any of them. Looks like a bunch of shit indie titles that are given away for free every month for PS Plus subscribers.

Day Of The Tentacle?! Probably before your time then, but easily one of the best games ever. I'm currently replaying this remastered version.

I guess I'll wait to see if it comes back in stock. that was driving it for me. Should have gotten it the first day like I planed.

Stardew Valley is fun if you like those grindy type of games, plant shit, water it, make it grow, do as much as you can before your stamina runs out (of course you can always use a memory editor and never run out of stamina if you don't like that aspect of the game).
World of Goo is a fun little puzzle game.
Lot of other stuff on there, I dunno... it's like going to eat at the Cheesecake Factory, hundreds of items on the menu so nothing really looks that appetizing. These bundles need to not overwhelm you with a bunch of crap you don't want, because then the stuff that does look good doesn't look so good because of all the choices.

Ok so for the hell of it I checked my Freedom Bundle page again for the second time today and I have these titles added:
Guacamelee! Gold Edition
Hand of Fate
System Shock Pack
Double Fine Adventure Documentary

I started PC gaming with Commander Keen and Jazz Jackrabbit so probably not before my time.

Definitely not before your time then :) It's a great game. If you liked the Monkey Island series Day of the Tentacle is a must!

I bought this bundle based on a buddies recommendation on Day of the Tentacle. Lots of other cool stuff there, as I don't game much, but like to play in my down time.

Back