HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

Would someone with Facebook pretty please check onSale's Facebook and update me and everyone about what's going on. Now knowing whether I'm getting one really sucks. :/

Frome OnSale's Facebook page:

When the price decrease was announced this weekend, our websites and the websites of many major retailers were overwhelmed with customers placing orders for the HP Touchpad. In fact,the sudden influx of orders was well in excess of the amount of product available. We are now in the process of filling valid orders using all available inventory on a first-come, first-served basis. We will be cancelling all orders that we cannot promptly fill and sending cancellation notices. Thank you for your understanding and your patience as we deal with this unprecedented event.

- OnSale

Last edited:
I agree... but I need the uberest apps and such that make my techno existence come alive... webOS does not bring that for me with its lack of (free cough) techy apps that I use daily, esp for fast(er) internet.

WiFing my 3G with WPA2-PSK encryption with one click of a button... I do not think so lol. <3 android 2.3

Dear Dylan,

Go away.

Thank you,
This thread.

Would someone with Facebook pretty please check onSale's Facebook and update me and everyone about what's going on. Now knowing whether I'm getting one really sucks. :/
Apparently they sold more than they had in stock. It's just a waiting game for us all at this point.

You can send OnSale an email with your order number and they will respond back (as soon as humanly possible) with your status and/or tracking number.

[email protected]

I agree... but I need the uberest apps and such that make my techno existence come alive... webOS does not bring that for me with its lack of (free cough) techy apps that I use daily, esp for fast(er) internet.

WiFing my 3G with WPA2-PSK encryption with one click of a button... I do not think so lol. <3 android 2.3

Awww. No one cares.

You can send OnSale an email with your order number and they will respond back (as soon as humanly possible) with your status and/or tracking number.

[email protected]

Thank you I just did this. Everyone, it would be helpful if you would post when you ordered with onsale and whether or not you're getting one. It would allow us to establish a cutoff.

Thanks.

The bloodsuckers on ebay are even putting them up as "preorders." I very much doubt that is within eBays TOS, much less being legal? Not to mention the low chance that most people have of actually receiving their order...

Slickdeals thread is moving to fast, by the time I read one page there are two new ones, hard to get useful info with all the trolls just telling people all their orders have been cancelled (actually got a lot better from this morning and last night).

The bloodsuckers on ebay are even putting them up as "preorders." I very much doubt that is within eBays TOS, much less being legal? Not to mention the low chance that most people have of actually receiving their order...
This whole thing is making me sick. The people on ebay and craigslist trying to make $400 profit are ruining it for the people who really want one. There's difference between capitalism and greed.

LOL so a local bestbuy store shows up that it actually has stock...call the number and first thing that pops up is a prerecorded message saying that no, they don't have any. :(

LOL so a local bestbuy store shows up that it actually has stock...call the number and first thing that pops up is a prerecorded message saying that no, they don't have any. :(

This is funny. Imagine how many people called. When I called my CDW rep yesterday before they lowered the price and she confirmed they would I picked mine up. It hit SlickDeals like a minute later and their site crashed. When I talked to her today she said they sold out in 7 minutes.

I wouldn't trust what bestbuy.com has to say about local store inventory. I've seen items that are supposedly in store at a few different ones only to go and find out they don't have any. Then the guy in the store checks and is looking at a totally different inventory list for the stores vs online. Then online I've had items that aren't in stock, but walking in to a store they did have them. Go figure.

he placed his order at 5:21 Eastern.

I got my e-mail confirmation at 4:56 central

fingers crossed. I wonder if the fact that he ordered next day delivery expedited his order at all.

It may make a difference. I know that I have shipping info for my eCost order, which I had expedited shipping on (it was a whole $2 more) which was placed *after* an order which someone else had posted as still "Processing".

Seems like expedited shipping could be a ticket to success in some cases - but this is a lot of speculation.

Negatory, they are the same.

Actually this represents a failure of capitalism in that prices were artificially set under the S/D equilibrium, causing a shortage of goods. Second market prices will eventually settle at the real equilibrium point for touchpad supply/demand.

Onsale just start sending cancellation orders- maybe for people who order more than one Touchpad or more than one order

Just got this from my HP EPP order

Thank you for your purchase of the HP TouchPad. Due to the overwhelming demand for this product as a result of the significant price reduction, we were unable to ship your recent order with our usual promptness. We expect that all units will be shipped by Thursday August 25, 2011 and you will receive delivery of your TouchPad on the appropriate date after that given the shipping option you selected at the time you placed your order.

Onsale just start sending cancellation orders- maybe for people who order more than one Touchpad or more than one order

I hope that's the case. Would better my chances to get the one that I ordered.

Seems like expedited shipping could be a ticket to success in some cases - but this is a lot of speculation.

This. I always add a low-cost accessory and expedited shipping on stuff like this. And I have 2 orders from eCost from yesterday morning, both have shipped and will be delivered tomorrow.

Well, I went back to Wal-Mart to return my TouchPad since they'd heretofore refused a price correction other than to tell me I needed to apply for a rebate directly from HP. But while in line, I devised a more conducive arguing tactic and deployed it upon reaching the counter.

Several minutes and a few managers later, I walked away victorious.

HELLO NEW TOUCH PAD OMG YOU'RE SO SHINY TOO BAD I DON'T HAVE WIFI AT HOME!

Well, I went back to Wal-Mart to return my TouchPad since they'd heretofore refused a price correction other than to tell me I needed to apply for a rebate directly from HP. But while in line, I devised a more conducive arguing tactic and deployed it upon reaching the counter.

So, what was your winning genius argument?

This. I always add a low-cost accessory and expedited shipping on stuff like this. And I have 2 orders from eCost from yesterday morning, both have shipped and will be delivered tomorrow.

Not a bad idea really... though on an item like this, getting it in the cart and clicking checkout is a trial in and of itself, so I am not sure I'd stop to "smell the flowers" and grab an accessory myself. However, a shipping upgrade - definitely. :cool:

Yeah, leave out the best part of the story whydonchya. :rolleyes:

My order on amazon/onsale says

Shipping Soon: Delivery Estimate: August 24, 2011 - August 25, 2011

I know it's efn lying to me..

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Two Day shipping for 2 devices, $226.17

Order Placed: August 21, 2011

Shipping estimate:August 22, 2011 - August 23, 2011
Delivery estimate:August 24, 2011 - August 25, 2011

Still says "SHIPPING SOON" in big letters though so idk?

Would be sweet to get it tomorrow.. getting a new phone too, idk which toys to play with lol.

From HP:
Ordered Late Friday night
H11891xxxx Aug 19, 2011 -- $287.53 -- 2x HP TouchPad Wi-Fi 32GB -- Item being processed -- Tracking provided upon shipment.

From Amazon: onSale
Ordered early/mid Sunday Afternoon
Order Placed:
August 21, 2011: Shipment 1 of 1: 2x 16GB HP Touchpad:
Delivery Estimate: August 25, 2011 - August 30, 2011
Shipping Soon

I pretty certain Ill get my ones from HP.. However the Amazon/onSale ones im not so sure about.. I with they would hurry up and notify me, the anticipation is killing me..

My HP order has processed payment, however my onSale one has not, its just "Pending" on my CC

So I ordered a 16gb Touchpad through HP SMB today. Order went through and have a hold on my account, however, when i try to check order status the page doesn't exist.:confused::confused:

32GB TP ordered from HPA on Friday night:
"Thank you for your purchase of the HP TouchPad. Due to the overwhelming demand for this product as a result of the significant price reduction, we were unable to ship your recent order with our usual promptness. We expect that all units will be shipped by Thursday August 25, 2011 and you will receive delivery of your TouchPad on the appropriate date after that given the shipping option you selected at the time you placed your order."

Just went to Best Buy to grab something after work and apparently they got a shipment in today and sold out like 20 minutes before I got there but the guy said they had been in all day and it wasn't until like 3ish did people start rushing in. I thought they were done shipping to stores..eh the frustration

32GB TP ordered from HPA on Friday night:
"Thank you for your purchase of the HP TouchPad. Due to the overwhelming demand for this product as a result of the significant price reduction, we were unable to ship your recent order with our usual promptness. We expect that all units will be shipped by Thursday August 25, 2011 and you will receive delivery of your TouchPad on the appropriate date after that given the shipping option you selected at the time you placed your order."

Got the same thing earlier too on the order that wasn't canceled. They did already charge it.

So, what was your winning genius argument?

I turned down my zeal a bit, and tried to come off as somebody who didn't know he was holding an item which couldn't be found anywhere else in the city. So I think that kept the front end people from raising their defenses too high.

The manager still tried to insist that I contact HP for a rebate of the price adjustment, but I blew past it.

I made the point that I wasn't asking for a match of a competitor's sale price, but an honoring of a new MSRP set by HP for all retailers to follow... that all of their competitors had already dropped the price in accordance, and that if the price adjustment was not given I would wait patiently and coolly for a manager to contact the store's HP rep. to corroborate the price.

Click, click, key turn, click... Refund.

Figured! Thanks for the quick reply man.... good thing I didn't get it :)

Still..... $115 shipped with taxes was an awesome deal I definitely wish I grabbed kinda.... D: meh
Don't feel too disappointed, they never existed at B&N at that price. They sold out long before the price drop.

Out of curiousity, did NewEgg ever drop the price or are they just OOS because people are thinking NewEgg is going to give a damn?

My guess, if HP doesn't pony up the bucks for the refund to these individuals, they're going to be SOL via NewEgg. If HP *does* come through for the customer, then that was a brilliant tactical move by NewEgg to squeeze every dime out of the product and make a penny.

Back