HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

Has anyone that purchased from onSale via the Amazon marketplace gotten a cancellation email yet? I'm figuring it's going to happen to my order, but so far I haven't heard of anyone yet who did it through Amazon get one.
A few people on Slick Deals said they got them from OnSale but I can't keep up with the thread. In the time it takes to load the page and then refresh two more pages pop up.

If my onSale order cancels I'm not trying to get it from somewhere else.....people are going nuts over this thing and it's just not worth it. My dad was at Walmart looking at other tablets (he's legitimately in the market for one) and the salesman said they have a line around the block every morning of people just hoping they got something overnight.

Had some luck with my OnSale order, had to call Macmall and gave them my amazon order number and they were able to provide me with a tracking number for my onsale / amazon order. :D

FYI Ordered on Sunday at 3:37pm MST with 2 day shipping.

OnSale cancelled me :/ Oh well, was hoping to snag a few for friends. I have 2 more orders to depend on. Atleast I managed to snag my 2x 32GB from HPA so it's not really a loss for me, just everyone who was hoping I could get them one.

Looks like expedited shipping through onSale is more likely to get an order filled than those who chose standard. I believe I stupidly chose standard, so while I still haven't received a cancellation email I have no doubt I'll be receiving one sometime today. I ordered at 3:22 pm on Sunday, which is more than an hour after some of the other people who have already received cancellation emails. Seems like they should be working the other way around, canceling orders that are obviously not getting them first and leaving the ones close to cut off for last.

Or not, I dunno. I'll be getting my eCost tablet today, which should be cool. But I'm really disappointed I didnt get one for my mom or sister.

Thats fucking BS that they are shipping orders that used expedited shipping. I ordered before lots of people who are getting theirs and I will not get mine. Fuck you onsale you can diaf.

Doh! Tried calling the Onsale 800 number and kept getting the "...all circuits are busy, please try again later" error.

My Amazon status still shows as shipping soon and they did charge my credit card. We will see.

Thats fucking BS that they are shipping orders that used expedited shipping. I ordered before lots of people who are getting theirs and I will not get mine. Fuck you onsale you can diaf.

Yeah read one gone (might have been here) ordered at 2:12 pacific time and had his order canceled, while another who ordered at 2:40ish pacific with 2 day shipping had his shipped. It's total BS, especially for the guy at 2:12. First orders I've heard of were around 1:50ish.

Meanwhile, I still haven't received a cancellation email and my order is still pending. Maybe they had a random drawing. Or put up a 50 yard dart board and just pegged random people on it. Who knows. This is all weird.

just got mine canceled as well from onsale

What time did your order?

Might be good if people started posting order times and shipping options with cancellation notices... even though almost all of us are gonna be out of luck haha.

Got mine from onsale/amazon also... I wish I can leave them a negative comment...

Ordered 4:12 CST August 21 (Sunday).

Lol, I was waiting in Staples Live Chat queue to apply a $25 off $75 coupon to my Touchstone+Folio Case order when the Fedex guy knocked on my door.

I have my 32gb Touchpad in my hands, finally!

Also, ordered the Touchstone dock + HP folio case/stand from staples ($138.75), chatted a rep to apply a $25 off $75 e-junkie coupon ($26.69 credit w/tax, $1.89 coupon cost). Then chatted a second rep to price match Best Buy's half off touchpad accessory prices for another $65 ($69.39 credit w/tax). She warned me that in the future my order should reach the coupon minimum after PM, but put it through anyways.
$138.75 + $1.89 - $26.69 - $69.39 = $44.56 for the Touchstone charger and HP Folio Case/stand.

Still well under $200 invested for a 32GB tablet + inductive charger + case. Probably the second best deal I've gotten in on.

seems logical for a business to go and ship a product from their warehouse based on when it's being shipped rather than when it was purchased. If someone buys a product from me and pays an extra $40 to have it shipped out tomorrow I go and fill the order and...ship it out tomorrow. wow, sounds exotic when I actually type it out :O

the strangest thing in all of this is the force price reductions from HP. It makes sense for them to refund people who bought it directly from them but I can't understand why they are forcing companies to liquidate their stock. If newegg wants to sit on 3000 tablets and try to sell them for full price that's their right to do. and if they want to peg them to ebay or office depot, that's likewise their right. if they don't sell out then that's their problem.

it's interesting to try and decipher HP's business plan in all of this considering their very clear *forcing* the issue upon their vendors.

edit: gratz Kueller!

What time did your order?

Might be good if people started posting order times and shipping options with cancellation notices... even though almost all of us are gonna be out of luck haha.

not sure as all info seems to have been deleted. but I got my conformation emails at 5:18pm on 8-21-11.

oddly enough I still don't have my money back just yet.

edit, and to add injury to insult amazon is offering to sell a a touch pad for 400 dollars. maybe as low as 300.

Last edited:
seems logical for a business to go and ship a product from their warehouse based on when it's being shipped rather than when it was purchased. If someone buys a product from me and pays an extra $40 to have it shipped out tomorrow I go and fill the order and...ship it out tomorrow. wow, sounds exotic when I actually type it out :O

Wouldn't most shipping options leave at the same time? It's the transit time during shipping that you pay extra to have reduced. Nearly every 2-3day shipped item I order from a major retailer goes out same day.

Looks like my last hope through Onsale failed. Finally got through to check on the status and they said it was cancelled :( I'm not surprised. I ordered around 3:30 CST but didn't recieve a confirmation email until around 11:30 PM...

Oh well, guess it wasn't meant to be. I have an iPad from work, but my wife was wanting something to check email/websurf downstairs without bringing her laptop down. Guess I'll just wait until everything quiets down and see what becomes available in the FS forum, or on craigslist/ebay...

the strangest thing in all of this is the force price reductions from HP. It makes sense for them to refund people who bought it directly from them but I can't understand why they are forcing companies to liquidate their stock. If newegg wants to sit on 3000 tablets and try to sell them for full price that's their right to do. and if they want to peg them to ebay or office depot, that's likewise their right. if they don't sell out then that's their problem.

it's interesting to try and decipher HP's business plan in all of this considering their very clear *forcing* the issue upon their vendors.

edit: gratz Kueller!

Not complaining about people who paid for rush processing so much as people who only paid for 2 day shipping vs standard and they are magically getting their orders even though they ordered after me. My money is just as good as anybody else's and OnSale sure as shit won't ever see a dime of it after this.

Finally got my cancellation email.

Ordered mine at 3:22 pacific via standard shipping. No 32gb from onsale for me.

I'll be getting the 16gb in today that was originally gonna go to my parents... but if I can't grab a 32gb I'll prob just take that one for myself. Really sold on the idea of using this as a text reader for electronic reading assignments for class...

Damn - a little behind here - but my order just went through on HP - SBE.... (confirmation page on charge / whatnot - but no tracking number yet).

Anyone else get this - and does this mean that I am in the clear?

MicroCenter cancelled my order on 08/20/11 just hours AFTER I placed an order. So I placed an order one at OnSale via Amazon on the next day. No word from OnSale nor Amazon until I got a cancellation email from Amazon just a hour ago. Amazon have the gall to say that I haven't been charged. BULLSHIT. They DID.

I haven't gotten MY money from both BACK. How professional of them.

Last edited:
OnSale just cancelled my order. I ordered in the morning. That's bullshit that they pushed orders out with expedited shipping. People on SD that ordered hours after I did but paid for expedited shipping already have theirs. They're already charged my account too. Time to hit the BBB.

onsale canceled. 4:07 cst ordered 1 16gb standard shipping.

I have two hp smb orders that are charged but no shipping number yet.

These people on eBay are retarded. The 16gb are going for 250+, wtf? Seriously people, there are going to be like 100,000 of these one there in the next week, prices will come down.

onsale canceled my order as well placed on sunday 224pm pacific
hpsmb is not sure but i placed my order on saturday morning around 9am but they said it'slooking good so far, my status said it should ship on the 27th but like everything nothing is for sure
datavis- assure everyone that all order should be ship out, but unless i have tracking i'm not holding my breath either.

if i do get one, i can proudly say that i survive the touchpad ordeal lol

Lame.. Just got my cancellation from onSale..

Either I need to get luck on the 2nd Firesale, or will have to sell my other 2 cases as I ordered 4

Anyone in here near Bastrop, Texas? The BB there is getting a truck in, and they are going to hand out tickets at the store, and start a line to sell the ones coming off of the truck...Pm me for some more info on times...

Anyone in here near Bastrop, Texas? The BB there is getting a truck in, and they are going to hand out tickets at the store, and start a line to sell the ones coming off of the truck...Pm me for some more info on times...

to bad you dont have insight news to the situation in Houston :) I could use some...

between newegg and the wholesaler. It has nothing to do with you.

he was responding to your analogy?

lol @you guys, talk about being loyal newegg customers, i ordered 2x 16s on newegg.com on sunday knowing full well newegg would take care of me and do the right thing eventually...

:shrugs: today i got my touchpads and the piece of mind that they'll be contacting me shortly to make it right...

i don't think it was a gamble so much as faith that newegg will do the right thing... at the same time i have 2 accounts at newegg (both business accounts) with well over 100k spent over 8 years, so i didn't doubt i was going to be taken care of...

and i was rewarded for that

At 11:56 AM today, Amazon/OnSale cancelled my Aug 21 4:10 PM PDT order for an HP Touchpad 32GB w/ standard shipping.

Back