HP Omen 32" QHD Monitor - 2560x1440, 5ms, 75Hz freesync, VA panel

Discussion in 'Displays' started by LTZ, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Archaea

Archaea [H]ardForum Junkie

2. sleepybp

sleepybp Limp Gawd

I got this behemoth for around $250 on black friday.

The colors are great, very rich and much improved from my 3 year old asus 1080p.

Games are smooth at 75hz , 2500k, 1060 6gb pubg .
    Dont have freesync gpu yey, but excellent monitor.

IdiotInCharge likes this.
  3. Fritzz

Fritzz Gawd

I have the Vesa mount for this if anyone is interested. Sold mine locally and forgot to package it back up, but they guy didn't want it. Send me a message - will cost you shipping only.

4. trentchau

trentchau [H]ard|Gawd

5. buttons

buttons [H]ard|Gawd

I got one for $239 friday night. My previous monitor was a 24.5" HP Omen 144hz and i have to say i really miss 144hz. I do like this monitor -- its a huge step up for my photo editing. Dare i say, maybe its to big? 30" might be perfect. I overclocked mine to 85hz using a geforce 1080ti, make sure you use the Display port input or it runs like crap. at 85hz its almost smooth in CS:GO, playable for sure. Ive seen other people get 95hz before it artifacts or degrades picture quality -- in my case i sometimes get "out of range" message followed by sleep mode.

6. roaf85

roaf85 2[H]4U

So I have owned this monitor for a little over a year. I still have a 2nd year warranty on it. Somewhere for as long as I can remember it seems there is a faint band on the right side of the monitor about 3 inches inward. The left also has the same band but it is not very noticeable like right one is. You can see it on a black screen. It is only when there is a dark grey/darker color.

Does anyone else have this? I am wary to monitor exchange it thinking the next one will be the same.

7. ors

ors [H]Lite

If you meant to write it can't be seen on black and white only dark/light gray then yes, it's a typical VA thing called banding. Every VA screen I had at home had this to some degree, never seen it on IPS monitors.

8. roaf85

roaf85 2[H]4U

Yea I meant can't be seen. What is odd is I notice it more on the right side on grey scenes. However I am not sure if it is because of the "controls" being placed on the right side (left if look at back side).

Anyone else see a slight discrepancy that has the monitor? I still have the 2nd year on the Costco warranty but I bet they will just do refurb hell.

9. oMek

oMek Gawd

anyone have some good settings for this monitor, mine showed up today.

10. Delicieuxz

Delicieuxz Gawd

It's taking a chance. I bought 3 Omen 32s, and 2 of them had dead pixels, and some worse colour banding than the one that I kept. I think that all of these monitors are going to have a bit of colour banding that is most visible on grey backgrounds, like the Hard forum.

This is my general setup, that I think looks good:

Brightness 90
    Contrast 80
    Gaming FreeSync mode and colour profile
    Response time: Level 4 (Fastest)
    Dynamic contrast: Off
    Sharpness: Level 4
    Power-on logo: Off

11. BugginOuT

BugginOuT Limp Gawd

Anyone tried gaming on an Xbox One with this?

Tried playing The Division, but the picture just isn't as crisp as I hoped it would be, compared to my HDTV. Maybe because of HDR?

12. Archaea

Archaea [H]ardForum Junkie

No because it’s 1440p and you are upscaling 1080p. You’d have been better off with a 32” 1080p. 1080p scaling to 1440p will never be crisp because the pixel ratio isn’t 4:1. LCDs never scale negative non native resolution without appearing “soft/blurry”

BugginOuT likes this.
  13. BugginOuT

BugginOuT Limp Gawd

Thank you for the explanation.