HP Omen 32" QHD Monitor - 2560x1440, 5ms, 75Hz freesync, VA panel

The specs seem insane for just $425, even if you will not be taking advantage of FreeSync, so I would think it would be more popular but you can hardly find any information outside of that hot deals thread. I cant even find actual high-res pictures or YouTube videos outside of what Archaea posted. Oh well, guess I will see it in all its glory in a few days as mine shipped last night.

Yeah it is well worth the full price imo. I got one a few days back and really am in love with it but I have to do an exchange because there are some bright blue stuck pixels on the left side edge. I was unfortunately only able to test mine over hdmi using the intel gpu in my Nuc but I could play TF2 with playable framerates and the monitor seemed to handle motion well. Can't wait to get it back and mount it on a monitor arm. That is the one draw back for me so far is that the stand has no height adjustments and sits way to high on my desk. Pretty minor con for the price I don't think anything touches it.

Mine is scheduled for delivery Monday. Pretty excited. I'm stoked for a 32" 1440p.

I have been looking into monitor arms for mine. I think the Ergotron LX is what I am going to go with. I see guys are using them with the 34" ultrawides so it should fare well with this.

I knew about the Omen line from the Retail Edge Program didn't know HP is releasing a monitor I bet it's good. I'm happy with my 27" Swift

Yes I am curious to see if they release a version with Gsync for those that are running Nvidia cards. I plan on going with a RX480 for now and possibly upgrading to Vega when it arrives. I think the RX480 will be enough for me as I am mostly looking for something to run modern games at PS4 levels or better.

I got mine yesterday. I really like it. I got it for 344 on sale.
There is a little bit of light leak maybe on the bottom left. looks slightly blueish.
The main problem I have with mine is that when i tilt it forward i get tiny red vertical bars across the entire monitor. Anyone seen this before?
If i tilt it back it goes away.
I tried multiple inputs, all same problem.

I got mine yesterday. I really like it. I got it for 344 on sale.
There is a little bit of light leak maybe on the bottom left. looks slightly blueish.
The main problem I have with mine is that when i tilt it forward i get tiny red vertical bars across the entire monitor. Anyone seen this before?
If i tilt it back it goes away.
I tried multiple inputs, all same problem.
Double check the connections. If it still persists I would return it as that is obviously a defect.

I have been looking into monitor arms for mine. I think the Ergotron LX is what I am going to go with. I see guys are using them with the 34" ultrawides so it should fare well with this.

The Ergotron LX is precisely the arm I got and I can highly recommend it. This is why I was pestering some users to confirm VESA mount :) This arm, at least the wall variant, is good for up to 25 lbs, and I believe the Omen is < 20lbs. So no problems there. Mine is handling my 29" LG without a hiccup. And the reason I suggest wall mount instead of desk mount is becase every desk I have always used will always vibrate a bit when you are typing... which means that the monitor will move just a bit if it is sitting or clamped to your desk. If you have it on your wall then it will never moves (sans an earthquake :) ).

Now... all the remains is for the bloody thing to be released in Europe. Come on you lazy bastards!!!!

It does come with a vesa adapter, it slides in where the stand would go. Looks to be either 75mm or 100mm.

Double check the connections. If it still persists I would return it as that is obviously a defect.

Yeah I really hate returns. Sadly it does appear to be the monitor, same thing is visible with nothing plug in.

This monitor is definitely on my upgrade short list.

Hopefully some info will come out regarding Canadian availability.

Will they sell it in Europe I wonder?
For whatever reason, HP doesn't sell their 25" monitors or the Pavilion 32 here. It would be sad if this one won't be sold either.

I have inquired about a Europe release on their facebook. Lame, I know, but I couldn't find any email adress that I could use on their website.

I like the monitor definitely good bang for the buck - it's now making my 970 obsolete tho... a purchase creates another purchase this has NEVER happened in pc gaming :)

Is anyone able to test ARMA on this monitor and can check if this panel still suffers from strong flicker/flashing issues like in this video?

Yes I am curious to see if they release a version with Gsync for those that are running Nvidia cards. I plan on going with a RX480 for now and possibly upgrading to Vega when it arrives. I think the RX480 will be enough for me as I am mostly looking for something to run modern games at PS4 levels or better.

Yes the Omen X monitor will have Gsync.
But it's gonna be a curved display. Don't know the resolution or size yet.

"OMEN X by HP Curved Display – Be Immersed

Display quality affects the overall gaming experience and to round out the OMEN ecosystem, HP is introducing the OMEN X Curved Display, which adds a new level of realism and immersion for end-users. The curved display is the first from HP to offer NVIDIA® G-Sync Technology, integrating the latest technologies and more choices for customers seeking wide viewing angles and a smooth gaming experience."

From HP website: HP News - HP Inc. Unleashes Domination-level Gaming with OMEN X

I don't know when exact release will be either.

I am pleased that HP Omen is a flatscreen honestly. I'm not sure I buy into curved hype. I didn't like the old CRTs with curved display. They were bubble shaped curve. So slightly different, but still.

s-l225.jpg

Anyone remember this?

I got mine today. No stuck or dead pixels. Looks gorgeous. Played a few hours on it and I like it a lot. I like the larger viewing area more than a 27". That said, this thing is ginormous so you should prepare yourself if you're used to a 23-27".

I got it for $295 out the door. It's a no brainer at that price. I actually can't believe how awesome a monitor I got for under $300.

Last edited:
Got mine today also. No dead pixels or glow issues and the colors looked great out of the box though I lowered brightness to 70 and RBG red to 248. My biggest worry was how text would look and looks great after after raising the size to 150. For $300 this is more than worth it and at $400 still a great deal.

Played few games and no issues at all. FreeSync is pretty nice so will keep my eye out for the AMD 490 when it finally comes out.

Also the size of this thing is perfect. When I went from 19" to 24" I said I would never go back and now it is the same coming from a 27".

IMG_0196_zpslmqxdaow.jpg

IMG_0183_zpstifjdlpr.jpg

IMG_0207_zpsn9pose4b.jpg

If anyone calibrates this thing professionally please share settings.

The freesync is really nice. I've been going back and forth between the Omen 32 and the Dell 3014, and the freesync at 75hz does seem a bit smoother than native 60hz on the Dell. There is less backlight glow the Omen too. The extra res at 30" is a bit nicer on the Dell. For gaming I'd probably pick the Omen. For desktop or productivity use id probably pick the Dell 3014. The fact that they are trading blows and it's difficult to decide which I want to keep is rather amazing considering a $1k disparity in MSRP. The Omen, like the Dell 3014, is a really great looking display! The fact it is MSRP for low $400 is fantastic. It's definitely worth it.

Crap, getting so jealous here. I e-mailed HP Canada sales to see if there was a release date for this monitor in Canada a couple of days ago - no response yet. Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and give them a call. :-(

I haven't been on here in a while and can't seem to retrieve my old account. Mine just arrived today also. Such a beauty! Pixel perfect and no bleeding. It's replacing my Korean Qnix 27" IPS display. The downgrade from 100hz to 75hz is well worth it for all the extra screen real estate. I wish Vega was coming out sooner so I can upgrade my old nvidia card to make use of Freesync.

I have this behemoth mounted to my ergotron lx desk arm, but had to remove an extended arm since my desk was bending from bordering the weight limit...

If anyone on here used a calibration device. Do you mind sharing the ICC color profile?

Question: How do you make sure the stand is securely in? I thought it was secure but I moved it and it was not firmly in place. Thing is I cant push it up any further and the instructions are worthless as all it does is show you a picture.

Mine tilts left and right too. If I push it it can go either way. I don't know if it supposed to do that or it's just not in all the way. I can't get it to go in any further or click or anything

After taking out the base and looking it over I'm convinced there is nothing really locking it to the monitor. The monitor being securely in place seems to rely on the share weight of the monitor itself being firmly attached to the base and nothing else. That lever does not seem to even keep it in place. I don't think it will fall over but I pressed down on one side and the other lifted up and I'm really not sure it is really leveled. I don't like that at all.

Any reply?

Just called HP Canada (thanks for the reminder). Sales clerk said to check back with the website at the end of the month. Her response sounded very scripted, which is probably a good sign as it indicates HP prepared a statement for their sales consultants. "The new line of Omen desktops, laptops, and monitors should be available in Canada by the end of the month."

Orders and Customer Support | HP® Canada
Their phone support is open until 0100 EST, if you felt like calling them and seeing if you get a similar canned sounding response.

You can buy it on newegg.ca

Got excited then saw the $750.75 CAD price tag ($77 shipping for me, ships from the US). Quite the gouge. Current exchange rate should be around the $580 CAD range.

Hopefully once HP Canada starts selling them, the price will come down. Otherwise I'll just wait until the next time I'm in the US or find something else.

The 32ss Crossover ( Review ) would be the next most similar display to the Omen 32, it is a Korean model though, and rather overpriced too.
(Only Nvidia can use a 100hz boostclock, AMD has adaptive sync up to 75hz)
Quite a bunch of 144hz monitors with similar 31.5'' 1440p panels are expected for 2017 (both AUO and Samsung competing) but I reckon they're gonna be pretty expensive for a while.

It's a 75hz panel in the sense I can turn freesync off and still use 75hz. The option is available in Windows advanced display adapter settings to use 75hz.

Has anyone confirmed if this actually supports Freesync LFC tech?

Also, anyone with a AMD card wanna try out the Freesync hack to lower their Freesync minimum range?

Back