HP LP2475w (Possible new IPS)

If I don't notice the vertical gamma shift on a 20" TN, will I notice the difference at the 24" size?

I'm sure you notice it if you play FPS or other 3D games. Play a FPS and look up and down, follow an object with your eyes and watch it change brightness. You can also just put a uniform color up on the screen, like say 72/72/72 custom as your wallpaper, now notice the shift from dark to light from top to bottom?

It's there, just not as noticable in movies or web browsing.

[UK bought from ebuyer.com]
FWIW

First one I got was rev. GIG111 f/w:GIG045 manf. Czech Jan 2009 received two weeks back.
Sent back & received a rev. GIG143 f/w: GIG068 manf. Czech Apr 2009 today.

So far no issues as before so happy with it, used the TFT profile with it plus latest nvidia drivers on Win7_RC1 64x.

I'm sure you notice it if you play FPS or other 3D games. Play a FPS and look up and down, follow an object with your eyes and watch it change brightness. You can also just put a uniform color up on the screen, like say 72/72/72 custom as your wallpaper, now notice the shift from dark to light from top to bottom?

It's there, just not as noticable in movies or web browsing.

I can see it on uniform wallpapers, but it has never bugged me to the point of annoyance.

However, I have been on laptops in which the top half is almost so dark that it is impossible to make out what the screen is displaying.

Therefore, I'm not going to take a chance with this size of monitor and purchase the HP in a month or so.

One thing I noticed: My 2475 has a little greenish tint with tftcentral's callibration settings. Do people see that? Does callibration vary across samples? My colors that look ok using lagom's site are R:251 G:229 B:242 Brightness: 17 Contrast:65 .....

Calibration settings and profiles are never, or atleast very rarely, compatible from monitor to monitor. Whatever settings you see on website or profiles you can download will not work well on other monitors of same model as monitors can vary a lot from piece to piece.

For example, my LP2475w when used in custom color and all sliders in full, is unfortunately very warm, about 5700K IIRC, when TFTcentrals piece is almost perfect 6300K. TFTCentrals settings to balance out the colors would make my monitor look fubar.

*edit* typo fix

One thing I noticed: My 2475 has a little greenish tint with tftcentral's callibration settings. Do people see that? Does callibration vary across samples? My colors that look ok using lagom's site are R:251 G:229 B:242 Brightness: 17 Contrast:65 .....

They can get you close, but you will always have to tweak here and there. I had to lower brightness another couple of notches, so just drop the green a little until you are satisfied. Of course everyones idea of white is going to be different, so yours may be a little less green then what is bieng displayed with the TFT Central settings.

Alright, i've been searching EVERYWHERE to find the best 24-27 inch gaming monitor. I've finally landed on this one but I have some reservations. In your opinions, does this monitor's color advantage, better viewing angles, and other benefits make up for its input lag to such a degree that it not only warrants the extra money but also stands as a much better option for gaming than TN monitors?

Alright, i've been searching EVERYWHERE to find the best 24-27 inch gaming monitor. I've finally landed on this one but I have some reservations. In your opinions, does this monitor's color advantage, better viewing angles, and other benefits make up for its input lag to such a degree that it not only warrants the extra money but also stands as a much better option for gaming than TN monitors?

That's a very subjective question. How important is color and viewing angles to you? How important is input lag to you? I thought the color and input lag was fine, never noticed any issues with either one, but some people are really put off by the wide gamut issue. Same with input lag - it really depends on your preferences. I'd say this is probably one of the best all around monitors you can find, but if you have specific requirements one way or another than a more specialized monitor might be more to your liking (a TN for low input lag, for instance).

I don't find either input lag or accurate colors more important than the other. I value both equally.

Last edited:
If I order this from Ebay or also from Ebay and the unit has some defects, will I still be able to trade it in with HP at no hassle? Or would I have to directly contact the seller?

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I wouldn't bother with E-bay, just go to Amazon ($555 free shipping) get it from them and sign up for a Prime account to get $4 next day air shipping or free 2nd day shipping, then cancel the Prim account.

Amazon should pay shipping for any exchanges, if you request it. If they try to give you the run around you can still deal directly with HP.

Yea, but with ebay i can get an 8-13% discount right now, that's why I want to order through there instead of Amazon. The monitor comes out to be really cheap, I just want to know if I can do hassle free trading directly with HP in case I need it.

If I order this from Ebay or also from Ebay and the unit has some defects, will I still be able to trade it in with HP at no hassle? Or would I have to directly contact the seller?

Gatomakato-

I purchased my LP2475W from ebay and it was a refurbished unit with 1 year warranty. See my post a few post up from here, where I had the same question. In a nut shell I had absolutely no problems with warranty support from HP being it was Refurb'd and purchased from ebay.

In less than 24 hrs from my initial service call, I had a brand new (i'm sure it was a refurb'd) Panel at my door. No green/pint hue and latest firmware. All in all, very happy with my purchase!

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks jaypeezee, I'm gonna get a Sealed HP Factory Remarketed from ebay and its nice to know that if there are any problems I can exchange it. Can't wait!

Got my LP2475w from ebay, it's brand new since the seller is buy.com. I used a 10% ebay coupon plus the 8% bing cash back. Final price is $460 for a brand new unit with 3 year warranty, not bad.

Perfect screen as I see, although the overall color/image quality is not as good as my NEC 2490WUXi.

How did you get the 8% bing cashback on ebay? I can't seem to find a bing cashback results at all for ebay.

Last edited:

AFAIK, this monitor has one of the lowest input lags of other IPS/VA panels. The lag is 25ms (approx 2 frames) which is quite low for an IPS panel. Never noticed any lag myself.

Yea, I just realized by adblock was preventing me from seeing it. Silly me. Anyone have a promo code that works for ebay? I found one that worked but once I click continue to paypal it doesn't work and when I try to reenter it, it fails.

Last edited:
ebay/paypal codes are connected to a certain email account so it wont work unless they sent it to you
Also im thinking about getting w lp2475w do you think 800$ is a good price for two?

That's an awesome price for two of these monitors. Never really seen it that cheap, even with multiple promos.

I see it for $556 at amazon and $438 at eBay, both fairly good deals. Latter one is a little too shady for me, that's the one from eBay, you'd have to mingle through other websites and actually await a couple of weeks for cashback, reliable? I dunno. Probably, but I'm a chicken :)

Anyone else have updates on offers for the LP2475?

Can anyone compare this to the 2209WA, when calibrated? I can't decide between the two. Obviously the Dell is like half the price but I'll pay the extra if it's noticeably better.

Well verify your connection to your pc graphics card. If there is another dvi out try the other one. Connect another monitor to verify your pc is functioning properly. Sorry you're having issues.

Last edited:
Well it's quite possible you recieved a piece of defective electronics....how unusual.

Seriously, call HP small business support.

I agree that receiving defective electronics isn't something that happens once in a blue moon, but I just thought it was odd it worked 100% for 2 days then wouldn't do shit after turning it on the 3rd day; it wasn't like flaky at any point or physically damaged when I received it. It's an inconvenience and sad that it still happens with such an expensive piece; I was also less than pleased with their support people.

I agree that receiving defective electronics isn't something that happens once in a blue moon, but I just thought it was odd it worked 100% for 2 days then wouldn't do shit after turning it on the 3rd day; it wasn't like flaky at any point or physically damaged when I received it. It's an inconvenience and sad that it still happens with such an expensive piece; I was also less than pleased with their support people.

Did you make sure the auto detect feature was disabled? I heard it could sometimes cause this situation.

Did you make sure the auto detect feature was disabled? I heard it could sometimes cause this situation.

Unless there's an actual hardware switch for it (which I'm 99% sure there is not) it won't be possible for me to even check this. I believe it was on and this is one of the first things I thought to change but pushing any button on the monitor (besides the power button) does nothing.

Unless there's an actual hardware switch for it (which I'm 99% sure there is not) it won't be possible for me to even check this. I believe it was on and this is one of the first things I thought to change but pushing any button on the monitor (besides the power button) does nothing.

If you can't even bring up the OSD, the monitor is shot. Call the small business department of HP, they will help you more than the standard departments.

I hope I'm not asking the "wrong" question, but does anyone know how can I break my display without it being noticeable and get it replaced?
I once heard you can wrap it in a towel or blanket while it's on (presumably it will malfunction because of the heat), does it work?

I hope I'm not asking the "wrong" question, but does anyone know how can I break my display without it being noticeable and get it replaced?
I once heard you can wrap it in a towel or blanket while it's on (presumably it will malfunction because of the heat), does it work?

What the hell are you talking about. If there is something wrong with it that you are disatisfied with, call HP small business support and they will ship you a new one.

Guys, I've seemed to found a great deal on this screen, from eBay ($438). It's from a great dealer and it seems to come with warranty, but before I take a shot at it, is there anybody that can confirm that it truly is reliable?

Thanks guys.

Guys, I've seemed to found a great deal on this screen, from eBay ($438). It's from a great dealer and it seems to come with warranty, but before I take a shot at it, is there anybody that can confirm that it truly is reliable?

Thanks guys.

It's E-Bay, you just have to base your decision on the amount of feedback and read the listing carefully, pay attention to the return policy and ask questions on anything you are unsure about BEFORE you buy.

Back