HP L2335 23" 16ms... sweet

going a little off topic... any of you guys know a place on-line to buy a gainward 6800GT?that one w/ dual DVI and that big red heatsink..

guy_dias said:
going a little off topic... any of you guys know a place on-line to buy a gainward 6800GT?that one w/ dual DVI and that big red heatsink..

give me an exact model # and I might be able to get it for you.

cheers,

dave

I went to compusa yesterday to check out the HP, Apple and Sumsung 23-24"ers. I saw very little difference between the Apple and HP as both produced the same output in my opion. I know some people like the "metal finish" look Apple has and will spend the extra couple hundred but I did notice the left and right side panels didn't match the front. They didn't have that same look the front had (maybe it was the lighting in the store or me being picky). Anyways, that doesn't matter much because who looks at a monitor from an angle? The samsung model was sold out so I couldn't test it. 2 things turn me off about their 24" model: 1) the price. 2) the 25ms response time. People say they don't notice ghosting with the 25ms RT, but a fart that doesn't stink is still a fart.

Anyone know where to strike a good deal for the HP L2335? CostCentral.com has it for $1562 with free shipping and buy.com for $1591.07. I never heard of CostCentral.com but it is located in PA and I'm in NY so the shipping will be faster as well has lower cost. Anyone have any purchase experience with CostCentral ?

i'm 1550.00 + 15.00 shipping from NJ...even faster. :) and you deal with a real person, not some corporation. Many people in this thread will vouch for me and the work i do.

cheers,

dave

Dont buy from Buy.com. I am still waiting for my RMA, since my first moniter had a 2" Black strip of dead pixels. The thing that I do not like is their RMA procedure. After they recieve the product it takes 8-10 days before they send you a new replacement.... Buy from Dave.........

Dave, is there a website I can go to? Do you accept credit card or coins :D ? Are your monitors factory sealed and can I return it if there are dead pixels and black bars?

So for the many Questions.

cnick79 said:
Dave, is there a website I can go to? Do you accept credit card or coins :D ? Are your monitors factory sealed and can I return it if there are dead pixels and black bars?

So for the many Questions.

lol

don't worry 'bout the questions...

all units are factory sealed and brand new. I don't do refurbs. PERIOD. no website yet, but working on it...the fact i've sold 14 of these things to H'ers has made me see the need for it. :) Right now, i do paypal (cc and non-cc), bank checks, money orders. working on getting a regular merchant gateway (bank of america) established; i've got one already but it's crap, so having to retool and do it again.

> 8 dead pixels i can return it. DOA or black bars, automatic RMA. I normally reserve 2 monitors anytime anyone wants to buy one. That way, i can quick ship for replacement. In certain case, however, I run out of monitors and then i try to co-ordinate delivery as best as possible. :)

feel free to PM me. right now, i've got 2 people on a waiting list for deliveries for this week (friday-ish). I'll add your name in if you wish.

cheers,

dave

dave_graham said:
right now, i've got 2 people on a waiting list for deliveries for this week (friday-ish).

So when could I expect to receive one if I ordered today or tomorrow? What kind of processing time are we looking at?

Also, is there any chance you know where I can find a Sony Vaio keyboard? I'm looking for their wireless one with the wrist rest that flips up over the keys. I saw one of those that came with their Vaio V-series. It's a mouse/keyboard bundle. I've searched everywhere only to come up empty.

cnick79 said:
So when could I expect to receive one if I ordered today or tomorrow? What kind of processing time are we looking at?

Also, is there any chance you know where I can find a Sony Vaio keyboard? I'm looking for their wireless one with the wrist rest that flips up over the keys. I saw one of those that came with their Vaio V-series. It's a mouse/keyboard bundle. I've searched everywhere only to come up empty.

right now i've got panels coming in on Monday. You would get them sent on Monday and receive them, based on location, thereafter.

cheers,

dave

dave_graham said:
right now i've got panels coming in on Monday. You would get them sent on Monday and receive them, based on location, thereafter.

cheers,

dave

I hope my name's on that Monday list now :)

Sofasloth said:
I hope my name's on that Monday list now :)

yup...got my order's in...I'll update if there are any delays...should be getting somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 panels.. :)

cheers,

dave

I'm absolutely buying one, but I just have a quick Q to add.

I should have no problems with the ATI 9500 Pro in my PC, right? My primary system will be my PowerBook, but I use my PC a lot too.

Dave,

I was wondering if you could get the Sony SDM-P234B and offer it for $1700? I figured if costcentral could do it, you could come close...

Sofasloth said:
I'm absolutely buying one, but I just have a quick Q to add.

I should have no problems with the ATI 9500 Pro in my PC, right? My primary system will be my PowerBook, but I use my PC a lot too.

You SHOULDN'T, but i can't make any guarantees. try it out and see.

cheers,

dave

utsava said:
Dave,

I was wondering if you could get the Sony SDM-P234B and offer it for $1700? I figured if costcentral could do it, you could come close...

i wish...i think i was able to get it for just under 1800.00 let me take another look...Sony also has some strict requirements for online only resellers that unfortunately i do NOT have.

cheers,

dave

darktiger said:
Dont buy from Buy.com. I am still waiting for my RMA, since my first moniter had a 2" Black strip of dead pixels. The thing that I do not like is their RMA procedure. After they recieve the product it takes 8-10 days before they send you a new replacement.... Buy from Dave.........

You shouldn't have done an exchange... you should have just returned and purchased a new one... that way there no waiting.... yes you would be stuck with 2 charges for a bit but I would rather have that then wait

btw.... I just got my monitor from Buy.com and theres no problems with the screen, not one dead pixel so im happy. The only weird thing is that the base of the monitor has slight black scuffs on the corners... not sure how it got there the box didn't look beatup... but im not complaining... LOVE LOVE LOVE this monitor... especially in portrait mode ;)

and im happy i was able to get in on their lower price offered... now I see they raised it even more for the 2nd time.

one other thing... if anyone has the chase platinum card.. they offer pricematching to online retailers upto 250$ or so ... so if the price drops within a month.. ill be able to get the difference, even if the website offering is from some cheasy almost scamish website ;)

I the photographer and for me very important am a dynamic range of the monitor namely as he displays shades in shadows

Please look how many can HP show strips in dark area in a picture
http://bacek.ru/tests/test-dr.jpg

If to cover with a hand light area that to look better...

bacek said:
I the photographer and for me very important am a dynamic range of the monitor namely as he displays shades in shadows

On My Samsung SyncMaster 243T I can see clearly all the strips.

bacek said:

I'm still waiting for NASA to get back to me on the comprehension of this message.

I can't see any stripes in the top black picture, only all the number are visible.

On the lower rowsI can't see the first one and I can barely see the second strip on my CRT monitor.

bacek said:

the jpg artifacts are visible at the zoom level it takes to fill up the screen... never the less...

I zoomed in just on the black... and turned off the room light... i can make out every strip exept the 111.. that blends in with the 000....

with just the white... 253 is barelly visible

although you should also note that this monitor... along with the rest of the lcds are a little bit inconsistent with the brightness level at the edges of the screen... so the difference is better noticable towards the center of the screen

hope that was helpfull

dizy said:
You shouldn't have done an exchange... you should have just returned and purchased a new one... that way there no waiting.... yes you would be stuck with 2 charges for a bit but I would rather have that then wait

btw.... I just got my monitor from Buy.com and theres no problems with the screen, not one dead pixel so im happy. The only weird thing is that the base of the monitor has slight black scuffs on the corners... not sure how it got there the box didn't look beatup... but im not complaining... LOVE LOVE LOVE this monitor... especially in portrait mode ;)

and im happy i was able to get in on their lower price offered... now I see they raised it even more for the 2nd time.

one other thing... if anyone has the chase platinum card.. they offer pricematching to online retailers upto 250$ or so ... so if the price drops within a month.. ill be able to get the difference, even if the website offering is from some cheasy almost scamish website ;)

Yeah I could have done that, but doing this has the potential of me ending up with 2 l2335. Buy.com does not have the best track record on returns. Some people try to return and they end up with a new product at the door, or some people have to call 100times before they recieve there credit....Thank goodness that I am going to Reno to take my mind off it....

cnick79 said:
I'm still waiting for NASA to get back to me on the comprehension of this message.

I can't see any stripes in the top black picture, only all the number are visible.

On the lower rowsI can't see the first one and I can barely see the second strip on my CRT monitor.

Try to change your color depth to 32 bit and refresh the image.

dix said:
Try to change your color depth to 32 bit and refresh the image.

My color quality is set to [Highest] 32-bit. Display Properties->Settings. If that's what you're referring to.

well.... something finally happened to my L2335.

You all might want to be extra careful when you plug things into the component ports. I have had my L2335 for almost 4 months exactly and now only green signal gets picked up by the component ports. Since i rarely used the component ports ( a total of mabye 10 times) i find it odd that it would fail so quickly.

It all seems well. I contacted HP directly and after about an hour total time ( at least half of it was on hold) i am getting a new display. Right now i have just 2 dead sub pixels and i only see them if i am looking hard for them so i hope the new L2335 has no dead pixels.

The only thing bad i have to say about their phone support is that i had to have the guy repeat words a couple of times and other times he did not seem to understand what i was saying. The guy was very polite though so he gets an A+ for that. It just seems to me if i talked to someone directly in the USA that it would be easier than calling india and then having the guy in india call his "back end consultant" or whatever he called it. Shipping for new monitor is only 2-3 business days supposedly which is pretty good i think.

I will post an update on how HP handles this so you can get an idea what you might have to deal with if you ever have a problem.

mikloyd said:
and 8.9% more square inches of screen with >>> Quality Control

im not saying hp is better... just saying it was hard enough to part with hp's price tag .. btw.. whats quality control

OPTERON, that is very interesting. My component ports are doing the same exact thing now, but mine failed within a few weeks. Trying to play xbox on it will only show a distorted green picture. Very interesting.

dave_graham said:
Eh, Samsung's are more hit-n-miss than HP, frankly.

cheers,

dave

Let's compare 24Ts to L2335s please.

The problem rate on these HPs is fairly significant.

Just wanted to report. I've had my L2335 for 5 days or so.

So far.... Incredible!

Not a single dead or lazy pixel to be found!!
Running on a BFG 6800 GT with no problems at 1920x1200 dvi/dvi.
HD content though the component inputs look great.

I think this monitor scales very well for gaming at lower resolutions when needed.

Also, purchased through Dave Graham. Stand up guy all the way.
Even dealt with a Fedex snafu promptly by sending another monitor
immediately.

I had been saving for this purchase for quite a while and I would definitely
buy through Dave again.

-Shag :D

mikloyd said:

go through the dimensions of what could be wrong, complexity of circuitry, etc. and we'll see which is more reliable. (i'm being serious here...not trying to bust your chops or anything).

cheers,

dave

)SHAGGY( said:
Just wanted to report. I've had my L2335 for 5 days or so.

So far.... Incredible!

Not a single dead or lazy pixel to be found!!
Running on a BFG 6800 GT with no problems at 1920x1200 dvi/dvi.
HD content though the component inputs look great.

I think this monitor scales very well for gaming at lower resolutions when needed.

Also, purchased through Dave Graham. Stand up guy all the way.
Even dealt with a Fedex snafu promptly by sending another monitor
immediately.

I had been saving for this purchase for quite a while and I would definitely
buy through Dave again.

-Shag :D

Just like to fire my 2 cents back at Shaggy...Excellent communicator and definitely on top of his game. He was understanding of the aforementioned Fedex snafu and is even going to be "representing me" in another L2335 sale (for that extra monitor I sent him). I'd recommend this guy as a buyer any day.

cheers,

dave

mikloyd said:

you cannot do any sort of actual comparison just based on forum threads...

People post when there are problems.. if you have a more popular product chances are you'll have more posts which will be problems.

This isnt rocket science people just common sense.

TheGameguru said:
you cannot do any sort of actual comparison just based on forum threads...

People post when there are problems.. if you have a more popular product chances are you'll have more posts which will be problems.

This isnt rocket science people just common sense.

very much the case.

to determine the actual levels of reliability, you'd have to go on a component by component basis. How many panel failures? How many input failures? etc. Manufacturers are very tight-lipped when it comes to these figures.

cheers,

dave

HI

i have a HP 2335 since yesterday.

I noticed with tha backgound Black, 2 blue pixels and 3 white pixel, any of those is a dead pixel?

I don´t known the mean of the colours.
Maybe they will born again..hehe

I think theres no problem, since, i have to put my face almost inside the panel to see those pixel.

In gaming, web , officce, ít´s really dificult to see, only in black ambience.

I will not doing nothing, i think is not significan´t since the TFT is so large!!

(sorry if my englis)

perfektrtw

that is very intresting. i used my gamecube for hours on it then i switched to my ps2 and that was fine for about an hour then the next day after work i had the same problem that you had. Only green on the screen and very distorted.

i also was not able to get video to work on the composite also. I didnt have any s-video stuff to test it with but i would expect that would be messed up also. I should have my new display sometime next week i hope.

Back