HP L2335 23" 16ms... sweet

Interesting! Good luck on your replacement monitor... I still have not sent mine in, even though I probably should. I love the monitor though, I can't imagine having to go back to a 17" CRT, even if it is just for a couple of days. My monitor has no dead pixels either. :(

Once again I repeat the request - sirs at whom HP L2335, look please a picture http://bacek.ru/tests/test-dr.jpg or http://gusi.ru/about/imgs/test-dr.jpg
can HP show strips in dark area in a picture?

Please look in a usual operating conditions without special change of brightness or contrast.

If to cover with a hand light area that to look better...

I the photographer and for me very important am a dynamic range of the monitor namely as he displays shades in shadows

Apple 23 " shows only 444-555 in dark area and 252 in light
Benq 23 " does not show strips in dark area absolutely
Sony 23 " has non-uniform lamps of illumination
Samsung 23" It seems shows from 1-1-1 and is higher... But it is not known what technology of a matrix it is used (analogue S-IPS?) also has time 50ms

bacek said:
Once again I repeat the request - sirs at whom HP L2335, look please a picture http://bacek.ru/tests/test-dr.jpg or http://gusi.ru/about/imgs/test-dr.jpg

Please look in a usual operating conditions without special change of brightness or contrast.

I the photographer and for me very important am a dynamic range of the monitor namely as he displays shades in shadows

Samsung 23" It seems shows from 1-1-1 and is higher... But it is not known what technology of a matrix it is used (analogue S-IPS?) also has time 50ms

Report: Samsung 24" SyncMaster 243T all the strips on place!

canislupy said:
I see everything... no strips in the black, but all numbers, light and dark.

lol of course you see all numbers. :D

You should be looking at the strips, the numbers are there for reference (well they're the color code too) so you can report which strips you're seing.

Hell if I know... all I see is black and white with grey numbering. So I guess I don't see any strips or stripes.

Martin64 said:
lol of course you see all numbers. :D

You should be looking at the strips, the numbers are there for reference (well they're the color code too) so you can report which strips you're seing.

canislupy said:
Hell if I know... all I see is black and white with grey numbering. So I guess I don't see any strips or stripes.

OK, I take that back. I do see 250, with 251 and 555 being barely perceptible (have to strain).

canislupy said:
OK, I take that back. I do see 250, with 251 and 555 being barely perceptible (have to strain).
Please look under a small horizontal corner, approximately 10-15 degrees. If you will see all of a strips on a subfloor then Samsung uses matrix PVA.

bacek said:

like I said before...

the jpg artifacts are visible at the zoom level it takes to fill up the screen... never the less...

I zoomed in just on the black... and turned off the room light... i can make out every strip exept the 111

with just the white... 253 is barelly visible

bacek said:
Thank Dizy! You use what adjustments? Brightness, contrast etc.

My brightness is set to 90.. and I can't adjust my contrast since its connected via DVI

dizy said:
My brightness is set to 90.. and I can't adjust my contrast since its connected via DVI

Hmm... my brightness is set to 30, maybe why I have trouble seeing the stripes?

Replacement monitor is here. SUCKY GREEN STUCK PIXEL!!! and right in the freaking center of the screen.

sigh.....

well ill see if i can get a different one because i see the green pixel in just about everything i do. It is right where your eyes first fall on the screen. I would say the exact worst spot to have a stuck pixel... and a green one at that. If it was just dead i dont think i would have a problem with it but the green just sticks out so bad on the screen when it is black.

well HP support is great so far. lets see if they go the extra mile for me.

OPTERON said:
Replacement monitor is here. SUCKY GREEN STUCK PIXEL!!! and right in the freaking center of the screen.

sigh.....

well ill see if i can get a different one because i see the green pixel in just about everything i do. It is right where your eyes first fall on the screen. I would say the exact worst spot to have a stuck pixel... and a green one at that. If it was just dead i dont think i would have a problem with it but the green just sticks out so bad on the screen when it is black.

well HP support is great so far. lets see if they go the extra mile for me.

that sucks man...I just had a string of 3 great monitors sold...no problems, nothing....waiting to find out about the two i sold today...

also, btw, i now have access to BFG cards!!!

cheers,

dave

I got a L2335 a couple of weeks ago and am now using it with a Radeon 7000 @1920x1200 through VGA-connection. (no DVI on my card).

I'm experiencing the same high-pitched whining and occasional buzzing that some others have complained as well. The buzzing sound, I gather, is due to resonation caused by vibrations of the fans inside.

However, the limitations of my Radeon 7000 seem even more annoying when watching TV of movies on the native resolution: the horizontal resolution of the video overlay is halved. This limitation exists on some Radeon models, but not all. Example images and a test clip can be found here.

I'm going to upgrade my graphics card to one with DVI-connector anyway, so now I would like to make sure that the card I'm buying
1. does not have the overlay problem
2. is capable of displaying 1920x1200 resolution through one DVI-link.

I was hoping someone could test at least one of these two issues with some of the following cards:
Radeon 9550SE
Radeon 9550
Radeon 9600

bacek said:

You can ask someone with an HP which stripes they see and chances are they are all going to give you different answers. The fact of the matter is that seeing those stripes all has to do with the settings in your monitor (contrast, brightness, etc.). Any of those monitors could easily see all of the stripes if you adjusted the settings correctly. If you are basing your decision on a monitor by its default settings to see stripes in an image, thats just dumb. Base your decision on things that cant be changed by a few pushes of a button.

Also sonys dont have non-uniform lamps. Im assuming you got that from the one guy that posted a picture of his defective sony monitor. I've seen many sony monitors and their backlighting was flawless.

Bump, just because this is falling to the bottom of the forum and I am recieving my RMA L2335 tomorrow. About time, 10 days to RMA a product. Buy.com sucks....

darktiger said:
Bump, just because this is falling to the bottom of the forum and I am recieving my RMA L2335 tomorrow. About time, 10 days to RMA a product. Buy.com sucks....

hehehe...2 more sold yesterday.

cheers,

dave

So what is everyone that has this monitor using for a wallpaper?

I am a happy owner of the 23 hp, i do have to admit the samsung looks better (better contrast) but the hp has alot of nice features. What do you guys think will be out in a year or two? can't wait

Okay, I finally got my l2335. This thing is awesome, not even one dead pixel. No problems, no green backlight problem some people have. I will post pics tomorrow...

I don't see why not, but does the Nvidia 6600GT support this panels native resolution?1900x1200?

Well after about 45min on the phone with HP i actually got them to send me a replacement for the one with the green stuck pixel that is very pronounced. I had to finally ask for a manager. After talking with him and repeating that i should not be making a trade of one problem for another and then how the two stuck sub pixels on my old monitor i could live with because i could never see them.

He decided he was going to do me a "favor" as he calls it this one time because they have a policy of a min of 3 bad pixels for exchange. So i get to pick the lesser of two evils if the new one shows up with problems.

I hope there are zero problems with the replacement monitor but that will only be a factor if UPS can get the package to me without punching a giant hole in it this time.

OPTERON said:
Well after about 45min on the phone with HP i actually got them to send me a replacement for the one with the green stuck pixel that is very pronounced. I had to finally ask for a manager. After talking with him and repeating that i should not be making a trade of one problem for another and then how the two stuck sub pixels on my old monitor i could live with because i could never see them.

He decided he was going to do me a "favor" as he calls it this one time because they have a policy of a min of 3 bad pixels for exchange. So i get to pick the lesser of two evils if the new one shows up with problems.

I hope there are zero problems with the replacement monitor but that will only be a factor if UPS can get the package to me without punching a giant hole in it this time.

your lucky...

i had my toshiba tablet laptop develop dead/lazy pixels at the very top of the screen... they weren't bothering me too bad but I thought i should take advantage of the warranty while i still had the time....

The replacement I received had a dead pixel right in the center... really bothering me... but no matter how much I kicked and screamed.. the managers didn't give one flying fuck... and obviously they couldn't give me my old screen back since theres no way to track it

darktiger said:
So what is everyone that has this monitor using for a wallpaper?

Currently Im using:

Deepsea Life
http://exoteric.roach.org/bg/bgal2.html

It really looks amazing on the l2335, coupled with my black XP theme. I stared at that background in the dark for like 2 hours last night - really looks amazing - although being a bit blazed helped too :p

Check out the other galleries too, they have alot more of those fractal wallpapers at 1920x1200.

hmmm i may have to order this, hp directly has them for 1599 anyone everh ad doubts or feel guilty of buying one?

Main Target said:
hmmm i may have to order this, hp directly has them for 1599 anyone everh ad doubts or feel guilty of buying one?

order it from me and save yourself 50.00 or so... :)

cheers,

dave

Order from dave, should of done that in the first place. It would of saved me 3-4 weeks worth of RMA'ing, waiting, etc with buy.com. Do not buy from buy.com, there customer service sucks, talking with them is like talking to a brick wall....

My new monitor.

mon.jpg

mon1.jpg

mon2.jpg

mon3.jpg

mon4.jpg

mon5.jpg

Main Target said:
dave do you have a merchant services acct set up yet? paypal is stupid

it's COMING! :) Wells Fargo (my gateway backend) hasn't been working correctly and, as i'm a new account of theirs, they're trying to get the already established accounts done first...I'll know tomorrow or Monday what gives...after that, plenty of monitors to go around.

cheers,

dave

Hello gents,

Though I never post, I've read this forum for a while. After reading this thread I decided to buy the L2335. First from Buy.com, then when they didn't come through, I got it from Dave. (it came two days ago, but it took a couple days to get the activation email for my account hehe).

Just like everyone else, I love this monitor...I actually bought a Dell 2001FP the week before this one for my gf, and I couldn't believe how much the L2335 dwarfs it. The size is perfect for immersion in games and for video editing.

Although I was kind of skeptical to be buying a monitor from someone over AIM, Dave layed all my fears to rest.

Here's a quick screenie :) Thanks DAVE!

l2335.jpg

hk_shacker said:
Man....you guys in the US got it so easy! :D

HP in Hong Kong wants to charge me (get this!) US$3100 for the L2335 - with no explanation as to why!!!!

I've been holding out to see what Apple came up with (that 30 is sweeeeeet!), but was also looking at the Philips 230W and the BenQ FP231W. So between the 4 of them (in Hong Kong at least) in price they go as follows:

Apple 23inch : $2030
Philips 230W: $2166
BenQ FP231W: $2300
HP L2335: $3100

Man.....WTFs wrong with this picture?!!!! I'd definately like to get the HP but not at that premium.

u think thats bad try living in the UK just bought the apple 23"

£1549 = 2,794.12 USD
I think im gona cry!

I'm new here. After reading through 54 pages of posts I'm still unsure about this:

I’ve been offered one 2335 at a ridiculous low price (won't post this, but less than half of what's being discussed here). Please note I'm in Europe, and know for sure it’s a refurbished unit! I can test the unit at the seller.

Anyway, I don't much care for the scratched base; the uneven brightness is a concern, but not too much of it; dead (sub)pixels DO worry me, even at this price point.

Is this a fair price for a refurb? What sort of problems should I expect? Actually, I buy most electronics used and I PREFER used units, believing most won’t fail after a “break in” period (IMHO). Also, HP’s QControl seems poor, and I guess after reconditioning units have passed closer inspection? What sort of problems should I expect with a refurb, did HP just cover the flaw/malfunction or was it actually reconditioned?

The thing that worries me the most: Do you guess there are worse odds of the unit failing on me in the future since it's a refurb? or is it precisely the other way around?

If you can test it do so, make sure theres a warranty on it, 3 yrs is norm. If you cant test it, I wouldn't go for it...

I was planning on getting this panel for a good portion of Xbox, GC, and PS2 Gaming? Should I reconsider? And how does it look in non-native resolutions? Should I hunt for one I can try?

Back