HP 23" LED Monitor XP598AA#ABA: $75 AC shipped @ staples.com (starts 11/13)

NotVery[H];1038016317 said:
Bought three to try taking the bezels off for a cheap eyefinity setup. Desktop/web browsing look pretty bad compared to my old 2005fpws, but movies and games look fine. I'm sure I can tweak it to look better. I'm sure I'm just really used to using these 2005s though.

Dell is an s ips panel, even to it is older it looks fantastic. I own one still.

I found my coupon from my office this morning, damn thing says online or via phone only - Not valid in store. Being a sneaky SOB I bought the monitor on Saturday before the sale, but I doubt they will honor this coupon. so it looks like I got in at $100 ~ being a true cheapass I will be bitter for life over the $25.

Damn, guess I missed out.

537_ScreenShot00273.jpg

Thanks to the OP, snagged 2 of them from different Staples location in my area. Going to keep one and gift the other to my brother for Christmas.

yeah it is not enough people get 1-2 but people must get 5-6-7-8-9 to resell excellent

i only got 11 :mad:

"only got 11?" and you're mad because you feel deprived? I think you have two that I tried to order. It seemed like this deal sold out before we could take a breath.

"MrSneis: I found my coupon from my office this morning, damn thing says online or via phone only - Not valid in store. Being a sneaky SOB I bought the monitor on Saturday before the sale, but I doubt they will honor this coupon. so it looks like I got in at $100 ~ being a true cheapass I will be bitter for life over the $25."

Did you manage to use your powers of persuasion to eventually get them to honor the $25.00 off coupon? I tried using a $25.00 off $75.00 online coupon with a telephone order and the c/s people kept shooting me down.

If they wouldn't accept your coupon and you wound up paying the $99.98 price I totally understand where you are coming from about the extra $25.00. And that scares me.;)

(obviously I don't yet know how to do quotes from multiple posts, sorry about that)

Got mine today, can't believe it shipped so fast. This will replace my old 19in secondary monitor.

people buy these just to buy these and then figure out if they need/want them or want to make a profit later? i really don't give a fuck what people do but when they post dumb pics of "x" amount of something they just got to get and throw their thoughts on here i find it pretty disgusting...

people buy these just to buy these and then figure out if they need/want them or want to make a profit later? i really don't give a fuck what people do but when they post dumb pics of "x" amount of something they just got to get and throw their thoughts on here i find it pretty disgusting...

$80 inappropriately sized stocking stuffers ;)

So i returned one today instore that had a tiny scratch on it. I was looking to exchange but they were out of stock. They refunded me the current price of 200 and something dollars instead of $75. I Win!

So i returned one today instore that had a tiny scratch on it. I was looking to exchange but they were out of stock. They refunded me the current price of 200 and something dollars instead of $75. I Win!

WOW why? doesn't it say on the receipt?

so you ripped off the store and that's a win in your book? :rolleyes:

so you ripped off the store and that's a win in your book? :rolleyes:

He didn't rip off anyone........... now if he has put like a broken monitor and put it in the original box and returned it then yes. He did nothing wrong.:rolleyes:

:D blame the cashier not me. they did return without looking at my invoice :D IM ABOUT TO RETURN 3 MORE and upgrade to my 3 lp3065 30: hp greatness!

He didn't rip off anyone........... now if he has put like a broken monitor and put it in the original box and returned it then yes. He did nothing wrong.:rolleyes:
you are just as crappy as a person as he is if you think what he did was fine. and then for him to come here and brag about it is asinine.

Great, we think we are clearly in the ethical when we rip off a vendor, and when the vendor has to raise prices or create elaborate processes on future returns, we scream bloody murder.

Well I guess I know why we have such a screwed up economy. Who cares if others are ripped off,...so long as I get my money.

Your honesty and integrity is just abounding...

Good Job!!

H_Street, your reference of Spaceman-Spiff's comment in your sig is very appropriate to this whole situation.

the last page of this thread pretty much signals the doom of humanity.....It is NEVER right to cheat a store or any other entitiy of out of thier cash. You bought it for $X amt and all you are entitled to is a refund for the SAME $X amount. Now if they didn't have that one in stock and they offered to replace it with a COMPARABLE model, that would be acceptable......

Now taking $200 for $70 spent is a little much. Store do mess and they should pay better attention.

About 2 months ago I bought a lenovo 300 laptop online at best buy for instore pickup. It was just a basic amd rig. Well I went and picked it up and when I got home I opened to the box to see they gave me a sandybridge lenovo laptop (about a $600 model). At that point I had no intentions of taking the laptop back. I already spent a half an hour driving each way to pick it up and they wouldn't even be able to sell the laptop as new anyways since I had opened it and would incur costs there.

Pot calling the kettle black much?

Yes stores should paid better attention, but the workers are human and we all make mistakes. And I'm willing to bet that had you purchased a $600 model and received a $300 model you would have found the time to drive back to the store and get the more expensive model you purchased.

How does a thread about a sweet monitor deal become a moral analysis of geek coupon cutters?

I love you, [H].

Back