How to turn OFF Asus Video Card over clocking and set to the regular speed?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I can't understand why the google search engine only shows disable CPU / motherboard, it just doesn't show any link how to disable their asus video card overclock. Is there a link or a software to do this?

Factum

2[H]4U
I can't understand why the google search engine only shows disable CPU / motherboard, it just doesn't show any link how to disable their asus video card overclock. Is there a link or a software to do this?
What Overclock?
Overclock via ASUS GPU Tweak II is controlled in...ta-da: ASUS GPU Tweak II.

RazorWind

2[H]4U
Can you not just reset Afterburner or whatever software you're using to the defaults? Or do you mean you want to disable the boost logic, and basically underclock the card?

criccio

Fully Equipped
If the card is "factory overclocked" and you're looking to have it run at reference speeds, you'd essentially have to underclock it. The cards "stock" speed is that overclock.

VanGoghComplex

[H]ard|Gawd
Why would you want to do that? Asus designed the card to run at the overclocked speed, and it's only an "overclock" when compared to the reference spec for the chip.

I'm guessing you don't actually want your card to run slower; you probably want it to be quieter, or be cooler, or use less power. There are more elegant ways to accomplish each without underclocking the card.

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
the software doesn't really work. I have 2 problems:

1) I pick 1025MHZ w/ the default being at 1020MHz. Then "Apply". The next time you switch to a different mode, they default back to the over clock speed, so you have to set it each time you turn on the PC

2) somehow at 1025MHz, Gaming mode, the temperture moves up to 60 deg. C. I don't understand, it was lower earlier

pendragon1

Fully [H]
the software doesn't really work. I have 2 problems:

1) I pick 1025MHZ w/ the default being at 1020MHz. Then "Apply". The next time you switch to a different mode, they default back to the over clock speed, so you have to set it each time you turn on the PC

2) somehow at 1025MHz, Gaming mode, the temperture moves up to 60 deg. C. I don't understand, it was lower earlier
tick the box to apply overclock at start up and enable load with windows. then set a custom fan curve and enable it. flat 30% till 50c then 100% at 80c is my prefered.

cybereality

Supreme [H]ardness
If you are using MSI Afterburner, you have to load it on system start, there is an option for that in the settings.

Also 60C is not hot at all. Most cards can go up to 80C comfortably (without throttling) and I would say 90C or above becomes dangerous. 60C is pretty good actually.

If it bother you, you can set a more aggressive fan curve in Afterburner, though it will result in more noise if that is an issue for you.

Dan_D

Extremely [H]
If you are using MSI Afterburner, you have to load it on system start, there is an option for that in the settings.

Also 60C is not hot at all. Most cards can go up to 80C comfortably (without throttling) and I would say 90C or above becomes dangerous. 60C is pretty good actually.

If it bother you, you can set a more aggressive fan curve in Afterburner, though it will result in more noise if that is an issue for you.
I'm fairly certain throttling is over 90c. It's perfectly safe for them to operate in excess of 80c.