I stalled out at 64GB. Can't go backwards to save a couple hundred bucks, but I haven't needed more. I was mucking around with some programming stuff on a 32GB machine back in early 2014 and ran out of ram, so I grabbed a second 4x8GB kit for my X79 machine. I'm still at 64GB. There's a good chance I might go backwards on vram next time I upgrade my vid card though. I bought a 3090 last December since I was able to get it into my cart and check out. I'm usually more of an xx80 vid card buyer, so I could easily see my next vid card having 16GB. That said, 2021 made me glad I splurged.I doubt i'll upgrade past 64GB anytime soon.
However, because I pretty much never go backwards when it comes to system upgrades, there's a damn good chance that my future DDR5 system is gonna be using 128GB just because. Ask again in 2 years.![]()