How Much Does Kyle Hate AMD?

I heard Kyle hated dogs, clearly he has a bias for cats.

I'm creating a Reddit about it, someone needs to stick up the clear injustice towards dogs.

I think you would have to make a reddit about China eating dogs over Kyle not liking dogs.

Just makes sense

I think you would have to make a reddit about China eating dogs over Kyle not liking dogs.

Just makes sense
Yea but I can't, that would be culturally biased against those who eat dog (there's a lot).

Maybe ill have to make a Reddit against those biased against the dog-biased-Chinese too...

I remember when a majority of the people on this forum used to be pro AMD back between 2000 to around 2005.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Fuck that, Hard G for GIF, and dogs because fuck cats.

dogs are the best
You clearly don't like Kyle either. Let's create long, rambling essays on why [H] has lost their touch and then only respond in more non-comprehensive rants.

I think hate is a strong word. Kyle has been acting like a jilted lover so secretly he loves AMD but his hurt and rage at his rejection by Lisa know no bounds.

At night, he cries in anguish and longing for Lisa while masturbating using his tears as lube.

See, perfectly rational explanation. Kyle just needs a good hard rebound session with Jen-Hsun Huang to get over this obsession. Not sure who is big spoon / little spoon tho.

Kyle always calls it like he sees it. People who can't take his views (or any view that doesn't fit their personal narrative) should evaluate their own biases.

I couldn't care less if Prince, Kyle, or Linda Lovelace hate or don't hate AMD.

Is Prince a good musician? Good
Is Kyle a good journalist? Good
Is Linda a good sucker? Good

Now if I thought that Kyle's loves and hates negatively impacted his journalistic integrity, I would care.

So far (almost 10 years for me) I've yet to see Kyle report any bias bullshit. And more important , I've yet to see him hold back in order to be PC or to sell out to any company.

Yes he can be a dick. But if there were no dicks, we would never have bjs.

Edit: I'm not implying Kyle is as good a journalist, as Prince or Linda are in their own respective trades. But then again, no one is.

Last edited:
Anyone else remember when Kyle was labeled "Anti-Nvidia" when he did a review and called the Riva (Can't remember if it was the 128 or TNT) "Mr. Ugly"? Those were the days.

I don't know about other people, but I started coming here when Kyle was solo (I think), the reason I stayed is because something that is shit is called shit.

Why is it important to start pulling punches now that AMD is making mostly shit?

If they stop making shit what they make won't be called shit any longer. I don't need a site that tries to love everything the review, there are too many of those already.

lol thats the way it's been for years and has nothing to do with kyle. even when AMD CPU's were kicking intel's ass it was anti AMD pro intel bs on the AMD CPU sub forum as well. not to mention when everyone accused kyle and [H] of being ATi/AMD fanboy's, now that was hilarious to watch in the forums.. lets just say the AMD haters are a lot more vocal than the nvidia haters, you'll get use to it.

I think you should read my post a little closer. This forum has always been a cesspool of haters either way. It's about being unprofessional instead of working shit out in private and getting the faithful zealots worked up into a frenzy and causing unnecessary drama. I mean just look at this thread for a perfect example? We should be talking about the RX 480 not this crap. We can't even have a normal conversation in the AMD threads without getting spammed by haters.

Wooo-whooo!!! its friday, and the shits already started... what did i miss?
not much so far all the "leaked" presumed videos show the Rx480 between the gtx 970 and 980 (380x, to 390x) performance, and Kyle's sources seem to be pretty much on the money when it comes to the chip getting pretty hot very quickly with a small bump in clock speeds.

Last edited:
If you mean about as correct as those misleading "videos" that were spammed in that thread then sure, your absolutely right. :LOL:

AMD RX 480 Gaming Benchmarks Leaked, Rivals Fury & 980 - Full Specs & Hands-On Preview Surface

I never used those for my conclusions on the rx 480 lol, that is your problem, you can't and aren't even willing to qaulify a negative (negative in your mind) thought about the rx480 lol if you just open your ears and listen to AMD and what they have been saying, you will see those videos are close to what they have stated for their end results.

We have multiple people, that have the cards that have released 3dmark scores, we have more than one person with the card on youtube, the guy that did 5 videos, showed the card in the first video he did, it was the overwatch video, he shows the card as he is taking the plastic shrink wrap off the face of the card.

yet you are saying his videos are fake. What you think he made a fake rx480 and put plastic on it.......

LL

I hope this is real!!!

I don't think Kyle hates AMD. I think it's rather that he thinks very, very highly of Jen-Hsun and Nvidia. And he has a love of high end hardware. Unfortunately, he has taken to making his personal feelings public and openly ridiculing AMD. Partly, (in my opinion) because he's frustrated that they don't produce the bleeding edge cards that really interest him. If he had kept his professional opinions public and his private feelings private, I don't think anybody would really have any beef with him. But I think he now enjoys making disparaging remarks about AMD simply to feed the pro-Nvidia crowd here as if it's a talk show and not a professional hardware review website. But it's his website after all, and he is free to run it any way he wishes.

Say what you will about AnandTech now. But when Anand was still active in the forums and writing his own articles, he was a very competent reviewer and didn't let his personal feelings color the tone of his articles or his forum posts. That is one of the main reasons that it became such a trusted hardware review site at the time.

Kyle you should get together with Michael from Phoronoix because he "hates" AMD too. Every time he does a bench mark, he gets called out for pointing out AMD isn’t even showing up to the Linux fight because of poor drivers*. I don't understand why so many people expect everyone to sugar coat a turd because it is made by the underdog. I actually think HardOCP is too nice on AMD.

*This is less true now. AMD has delivered on their open source and Linux promises and more.

You mean the part about Polaris being hot and power hungry?

That was his recent Editorial. About AMD spinning off RTG to be sold off..

Yes, as well as points 1 and 2.
You are still making claims lacking evidence. I did a ctrl+f on Kyle's article and got nothing for "Polaris is very hot" or even "is very hot". Maybe you can find those quotes in the article you claim them to be in. I'll even make things easier, here is an archive from 27 May, so we can see the article in its original publication form before Kyle could have sneakily edited things. Still couldn't find those quotes. (There is a wide gulf between quoting someone and paraphrasing someone)

In case you forgot your points that need to be sourced:
Kyle Bennett is MAD. "AMD GPU Stack is about to collapse" • /r/Amd

Is this not true? These are the claims Kyle have made so far about AMD/Polaris..
  1. "Polaris can not reach 850MHz" <- Though I think the wording may have been, can't get above 850mhz.
  2. "Polaris delayed to october"
  3. "Polaris is very hot"
  4. "Polaris stack is about to collapse"

If you want to concede that point 4 was not, in fact, a quote. You can leave out sourcing that exact quote.

BTW, at least link directly to the source of these quotes, or an archive. I don't want to have to visually scan through when I can just ctrl+f and punch in the exact quote as you have given it. That should be very easy for you to accomplish.

I don't think Kyle hates AMD. I think it's rather that he thinks very, very highly of Jen-Hsun and Nvidia. And he has a love of high end hardware. Unfortunately, he has taken to making his personal feelings public and openly ridiculing AMD. Partly, (in my opinion) because he's frustrated that they don't produce the bleeding edge cards that really interest him. If he had kept his professional opinions public and his private feelings private, I don't think anybody would really have any beef with him. But I think he now enjoys making disparaging remarks about AMD simply to feed the pro-Nvidia crowd here as if it's a talk show and not a professional hardware review website. But it's his website after all, and he is free to run it any way he wishes.

Say what you will about AnandTech now. But when Anand was still active in the forums and writing his own articles, he was a very competent reviewer and didn't let his personal feelings color the tone of his articles or his forum posts. That is one of the main reasons that it became such a trusted hardware review site at the time.

Why should he shy away from saying how he actually feels? Not bullshitting around is why this site is great. My impression of Kyle has always been as someone that does not filter his opinions on anything. If he doesn't like something he's not going to pretend otherwise in order to avoid ruffling feathers. What purpose does being overly PC like that serve? We should want site owners to call out companies for making bad decisions, or having shit marketing, or lying to the customer, etc. Telling someone they can't share an opinion because it hurts someone's feelings is ridiculous. What Kyle is doing now is no different than how he has acted in the 12-13ish years I've been reading [H]. In all that time I've never seen Kyle shy away from making his feelings on something known. Remember how much he loved Eyefinity back when it came out and would criticize developers for not supporting it? Kyle's love for Eyefinity and how he talked about it on the forums is why I bought a 5870 and three display port monitors back then.

So the hot topic of the day is "how much does Kyle hate AMD?" Well, the truth of the matter is that none of us at [H] hate AMD. I know, I know, that may be disappointing to anyone looking for controversy but that's just the way it is. In fact, not too long ago, we were accused of being "AMD fanboys" after this video hit the internet. At the end of the day, we will do what we always do, evaluate hardware based on its merits, give you our thoughts and opinions and let you decide what is right for you. And yes, Kyle even writes scathing editorials from time to time that gets folks all riled up. I have been trying to get him to stop that but he can be a dick sometimes. :D

The person in that video is obviously an imposter, Kyle is not Editor in Chief, he is the editor chef.

Love, hate? who cares. Things are looking good for PC gamers, Kyle is gamer just like many of us, except he reviews the products so we can have a better understanding of the pros and cons. I do not see any specific biased toward any product, if its good, its good, if its average... its average, and so on. If you look at the comments on the youtube page of the linked video, its obvious that some people do not like Kyle, hell i dont know the man, but he delivers good insight and some humor along the way. I for one, do not personally attack someone i do not know, im a face to face kind of guy, but this whole nerd war does make for some good entertainment on a friday.

Why should he shy away from saying how he actually feels? Not bullshitting around is why this site is great. My impression of Kyle has always been as someone that does not filter his opinions on anything. If he doesn't like something he's not going to pretend otherwise in order to avoid ruffling feathers. What purpose does being overly PC like that serve? We should want site owners to call out companies for making bad decisions, or having shit marketing, or lying to the customer, etc. Telling someone they can't share an opinion because it hurts someone's feelings is ridiculous. What Kyle is doing now is no different than how he has acted in the 12-13ish years I've been reading [H]. In all that time I've never seen Kyle shy away from making his feelings on something known. Remember how much he loved Eyefinity back when it came out and would criticize developers for not supporting it? Kyle's love for Eyefinity and how he talked about it on the forums is why I bought a 5870 and three display port monitors back then.
There's a large difference between making your personal opinion known and ridiculing a company because of your personal opinion.

There's a large difference between making your personal opinion known and ridiculing a company because of your personal opinion.

So is it only okay if he praises a company based on his personal opinion?

Kyle's personal feelings are irrelevant (and frankly, uninteresting). What is relevant is the lack of sourcing, bias, and general low-quality of several AMD pieces of late. I'm not even saying the pieces are wrong...I'm saying that we just don't know, because they're poorly written and sourced.

Sadly, attempts to talk about those things are met with sarcasm or just plain shouted down.

Last edited:
If only Kyle knew, 16 is good to go here in New Zealand. Sheep keep us occupied only so long. Just don't tell Redigg!

You know, it took me a solid 10 seconds to let the nasty thoughts get through and give me a laugh.
Just in case anyone got confused by my photochop, I was alluding to some extremely old anecdotes about Kyle being actually AMD biased. There was even a cartoon caricature over at afrotechmods.
Me, personally? I bought a K8 754 piece as it hit - a Clawhammer (roar!), and went Intel in 2008 when Core 2 appeared. GPU-wise I had both AMD and NV and never had a problem with AMD's drivers.
Shit's easy once you read the manual (or Al Gore's Internet)

Edit: HOCP is the ONLY website that does not cause my eyes to bleed and the only website upgrade (this year) I was blown away by. Ever.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I've been here a long time. Long enough to see Kyle go back and forth on his opinions. So far as I can tell, those opinions are about what AMD/Nvidia/Intel/etc. is doing, not about the company itself.

Every time Kyle has said he doesn't like something he gives you the reasons why. That's why I keep coming back to [H].

And to be fair, AMD has been doing a lot of things wrong. With luck, the pricing on the RX480 could indicate a change for the better.

Kyle, you guys keep doing what you do. You guys earned my respect starting with the Infinium Labs Phantom console investigation and continue to earn it with tough and fair real world performance reviews.

Whoever sticks to the truth is always going to be accused of bias by the losing side.

The truth is, people are biased, and you can't trust their opinions. it's not that theya re trying to lie or bend the truth or spin or be otherwise dishonest. It's that our brains are predispositioned to interpreting the world around us in a way that is the most favorable both to us, and to our "tribe". It is completely subconscious. You can't even trust your own opinion.

This is why clinical studies work so hard to create double blinded trials, because we know the science of the brain and know that we can not trust ourselves.

IMHO, a person can only be trusted, if they have fully accepted that they can not trust themselves, and that their world view is colored by their bias. At least then they are aware of the problem, and can try to mitigate it, even if they don't go to the extreme of double blinded tests.

Someone who has not accepted that they can't trust their own brain, can not be trusted in any way shape or form.

Back