HOT - Q9550 $169 MC in store only

Anyways, I put the 9550 in my UD3P and its OCCT stable at 4.2 (1.36v) and I'll be testing with lower volts now. It's 4.0 stable at 1.29

1.36 is the lowest it'll go for 4.2. I think I will keep it clocked at 4.0 however. Overall, I'm quite happy with this chip.

The trick is getting customers into the store where they can try to sell you a ton of other items that you didn't even know you needed ;)

Exactly.

However, I will give MC their due; they do actualy have decent prices on stuff like blank media and graphics cards (and they almost ALWAYS have deals on OEM keyboards and mice).

I started dealing with them due to their CPU prices; however, I've gone back for RAM, graphics cards, and the aforementioned blank media

Checked my local MC's stock this morning on the Q9550 and saw they had one in stock. Didn't sound right since they get shipments Mon and Thurs and didn't receive any yesterday. Nevertheless, I jumped on it immediately and patiently waited for my "your order is ready to be picked up" email. About 5 mins later, I received a "your online order has been cancelled":mad: I guess their computerized inventory system had a fart.

Cmon Microcenter, I searched all of your stores online and only Detroit, MI has any (5). The Egg and everyone else has them. When are you going to stock them? You advertise a great price and then don't have any to sell. Hopefully my local MC will give me a raincheck.

Wonder if its worth it to get this vs my 8400 ( only OC's to 3.6 atm) I would sell the e8400 for 110ish or so.

i just dunno ifworth it. all i do is play EQ, TF2 and random other games that dont require much.

Checked my local MC's stock this morning on the Q9550 and saw they had one in stock. Didn't sound right since they get shipments Mon and Thurs and didn't receive any yesterday. Nevertheless, I jumped on it immediately and patiently waited for my "your order is ready to be picked up" email. About 5 mins later, I received a "your online order has been cancelled":mad: I guess their computerized inventory system had a fart.

Cmon Microcenter, I searched all of your stores online and only Detroit, MI has any (5). The Egg and everyone else has them. When are you going to stock them? You advertise a great price and then don't have any to sell. Hopefully my local MC will give me a raincheck.

Is local in this case Santa Clara? I had the same thing - saw one in stock when I woke up, placed an order around 7:30AM. Got an email at 8:05AM saying the order was cancelled.

Is local in this case Santa Clara? I had the same thing - saw one in stock when I woke up, placed an order around 7:30AM. Got an email at 8:05AM saying the order was cancelled.

Yeah, Santa Clara is all out. I was there Thursday to pick up mine and asked if they had any more and they said no.

Yup, it was Santa Clara. I logged around the same time and probably saw the same thing you saw. I almost had a heart attack when I saw they had one "in stock".:eek: Too freaking good to be true. Well, I'm going down tomorrow and request/ insist on a raincheck for one of these. Every other freaking etailer I checked has them in stock. Hopefully, they don't plan on stocking them the same day the sale ends (7/11)!

A little birdie told me that MC's central warehouse has a shipment of 1000 of these and will be distributing them to the local stores. Same bird told me that Tustin has them in and will stock them tomorrow. Same birdie said that my store (Santa Clara/ Sunnyvale) should be getting about 80 of them tomorrow(well 79 after I put a deposit on MINE:D). Good luck

I wish I had a MC close, I would pick up a q9550 and sell my q9450...
Maybe that would be a waste of time, but I am inspired by BUS@THAILAND's 4.4Ghz q9550 :p

A little birdie told me that MC's central warehouse has a shipment of 1000 of these and will be distributing them to the local stores. Same bird told me that Tustin has them in and will stock them tomorrow. Same birdie said that my store (Santa Clara/ Sunnyvale) should be getting about 80 of them tomorrow(well 79 after I put a deposit on MINE:D). Good luck

Did the little birdie happen to have a time estimate? :D Thanks for the heads-up!

Did the little birdie happen to have a time estimate? :D Thanks for the heads-up!

Nah, he just said that according to their internal computer system, the chips were on their way to the store. Since they get their deliveries on Mon and Thur, they should be arriving today:D So I plan on calling them up every 30 min and saying "are they here?" till they give in:D

Nah, he just said that according to their internal computer system, the chips were on their way to the store. Since they get their deliveries on Mon and Thur, they should be arriving today:D So I plan on calling them up every 30 min and saying "are they here?" till they give in:D

I just dropped by Santa Clara; no joy. Guy I spoke to did strongly suggest I check tomorrow, though he wouldn't let me do any sort of deposit or rain check deal. They're really nice there. Thanks again for the heads-up, hope it pans out!

I just dropped by Santa Clara; no joy. Guy I spoke to did strongly suggest I check tomorrow, though he wouldn't let me do any sort of deposit or rain check deal. They're really nice there. Thanks again for the heads-up, hope it pans out!

I should've mentioned to you to speak to the manager to put down the deposit. I made a comment that every etailer has them in stock and was instructed to go to the online order pickup area to speak to the manager who then OK'd the full deposit. The fact the guy strongly suggested that you check back tomorrow tells me that they may have them in but aren't ready to put them out to stock. Regardless, push for the deposit so you can lock in the price since they won't give out rainchecks.

Good luck:D

If you're young and single there is a pretty cute girl working one of the registers. She must be around 20. :D

I should've mentioned to you to speak to the manager to put down the deposit. I made a comment that every etailer has them in stock and was instructed to go to the online order pickup area to speak to the manager who then OK'd the full deposit. The fact the guy strongly suggested that you check back tomorrow tells me that they may have them in but aren't ready to put them out to stock. Regardless, push for the deposit so you can lock in the price since they won't give out rainchecks.

Good luck:D

I just called their sales department.. lady told me that they received a shipment YESTERDAY ~2PM, and sold out of them completely yesterday. :confused: That's right around the time I was at the store. Did you get your Q9550 or anything?

edit: Whoops - ought to have checked my PM's. Never mind! :(

Last edited:
I just called their sales department.. lady told me that they received a shipment YESTERDAY ~2PM, and sold out of them completely yesterday. :confused: That's right around the time I was at the store. Did you get your Q9550 or anything?

edit: Whoops - ought to have checked my PM's. Never mind! :(

I was checking the online inventory several times yesterday and never saw it come in stock at Santa Clara.

I was checking the online inventory several times yesterday and never saw it come in stock at Santa Clara.

Yeah, same thing I was doing, checking every hour or so, planned on calling this morning. But I just looked, and had received a PM yesterday ~3pm letting me know that they were in stock. It managed to never reach the online inventory stage, I guess.

UPDATE
: Went by there and they actually had a shitload in stock! So yeah, Santa Clara has a bunch - dunno how many though. (also, mine was an E0)

Last edited:
Got one at the dallas store

did they have the E0 stepping? i want to get one but dont want to drive from ft worth only to find out they dont. i tried calling but the guy acted so put out and unfriendly..

did they have the E0 stepping? i want to get one but dont want to drive from ft worth only to find out they dont. i tried calling but the guy acted so put out and unfriendly..

mine from santa clara is E0. does 4.2 at 1.36, 4.0 at 1.29

Probably because 500 people have called and asked the same question.

They sure did. I got the SLB8V spec version.

Every Q9550 at Microcenter is E0. Their shipments from Intel all have packing dates of May-June, 2009.

Mine had no trouble clocking to 3.6GHz at stock voltage.

Confirmed - just picked up mine (SLB8V / E0). They had several on the shelf in the MN Microcenter.

Went in this morning because they said they had 2 instock last night. Came into the store and the last two were bought before I got there. Surprisingly though, another truckload of them (25) came in and I got my hands on one.

I suppose then that it's not exactly correct that they only get shipments on Monday and Thursday. Or maybe that only applies to my local MC.:cool:

Is this worth upgrading to from an E8400 @ 3.8ghz? I currently run that with 4GB of memory, but I was thinking of getting this and 4GB more of memory to prevent me from getting a new setup for awhile. Or should I just wait til' I get $500ish for i7?

Back