Hot Deal! EVGA B stock!

I actually enjoy ramen lmao. Ramen = THE food for a college student. I usually go for asian brand ramen though. Much much better than the generic stuff in typical supermarkets and still dirt cheap. Ramen breakfast is awesome when it is sub zero outside and you have to go to class.

haha amen...I don't think I'll ever get tired of ramen...*crosses fingers* :D

I am camping this site at work all day today. I got a little freeware timer program ready. Fort 60$ I would take a 7800GTX KO any day.

Are you saying you got the 7800GTX KO for $60?
Now that's [H]ot.

I had that card in my cart yesterday for $59.99 + shipping...then my Paypal card screwed up...I fucking hate paypal. I'm trying over and over again today.

One of those $100 7800GTX's worth an upgrade from a 7600GS?
Not sure if I want to wait for some ~$200 8800'S

One of those $100 7800GTX's worth an upgrade from a 7600GS?
Not sure if I want to wait for some ~$200 8800'S
I'm thinking of getting a 7800GTX KO as an upgrade from my 7600GT. Seems very worthwhile for the price.

everyone is talking about the 7800gtx.

if the 7900gs were the same price, which one would be the better deal?

It seems like the older 7800gtx has more shaders but the 7900 would be more energy efficient and possibly the better overclocker.

crap

128-A8-N343-RX
e-GeForce 6800 RECERTIFIED, 128 MB DDR
Price: 49.99
high prices on everything else:mad:

site is getting hammered. Damnit I want a 7800GTX KO for 60$:D

EDIT Now it won't even load.

It seems like the older 7800gtx has more shaders but the 7900 would be more energy efficient and possibly the better overclocker.

At stock settings the 7800GTX wins but the 7900GS is better at overclocking and more energy efficient. I had a 7900GS and wasnt happy with its performance and found a cheap 7800GTX. The 7800GTX does require more power and wouldnt boot, at least with all my hard drives hooked up, and I ended up needing a PSU uprgrade.

Well, I waited and nothing changed except the timer saying the next deal would start in 5 hours...

I saw two 6800 128mb cards for $50, in fact I still see them because the site won't reload hehe

yeah from what I read I think I'd prefer the 7900gs

screw this, I just stick with my X850XT 256MB PCI-E card I got off the forums for 65$ shipped.

yep there site is borked, the page I reloaded 2 seconds before 2pm is still not done lol
I really hate these carrot-on-a-stick sales tactics, if you are going to sell something
then just sell it. not this 5 hour sale were when the clock strikes 0 crap is offered instead of what was being implied. no more wasting time for me

Man ive been staying away from this section so i wouldnt spend money (have to pay for housing at college) but im sad i missed this. :( Have they had any 7900GTs up?

everyone is talking about the 7800gtx.

if the 7900gs were the same price, which one would be the better deal?

7800GTX is better stock vs stock, but only that. Once you start overclocking, the 7900GS pulls ahead. I hit 570MHz stock on the 7900GS, and 700MHz volt modded. Memory hit 1800MHz with no volt mods there. 7900GS also has a smaller PCB, and consumes less power (though probably not when overclocked).

But then another issue here is warranty. I only overclocked the shit out my 7900GS because I am backed by a lifetime warranty under a good company. These refurbs come with a 90 day warranty, so overclocking may not be such a great idea, in which the 7800GTX may be a better idea since it is slighlty better at stock.

I'm going to overclock the 7800GTX when it comes in. Hopefully 500/1300 can be reached on stock. Not going to volt mod. Looked up volt mods on google and not many seem to go past 550MHz on air if any at all. The memory also pretty much tops out as well.

No overclocking = 7800GTX > 7900GS
Overclocking = 7900GS > 7800GTX
Power consumption/physical size = 7900GS > 7800GTX

I am trying to live blog this stuff on gpureview.com.

http://www.gpureview.com/get-some-evga-cards-on-the-cheap-article-520.html

Here are the pics of the deals that have appeared to me:

timeqn3.png

timevr5.png

so they only sold the 7800 cheap on the first sale?

The 10 cards on the bottom have not changed at all today. Notice that the 7800 GTX below the
banner is not the KO edition. The 7800 GTX for $59.99 was the KO edition.

ok got it, its sort of a random sale that theres little chance of getting anything good, next

Hm not really seeing anything that blows my skirt up. The 7900gs is $104 AR on newegg

IMO the 7900gs for 100 isnt that great of price espically for a second hand one. you can get them for almost that much AR brand new. How ever if they were gonna sell it for 50-60 i would get one

They have to have the same GPU, I believe. 7800GT -> 7800GT, 7800GTX -> 7800GTX
http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone2_rel80.html

Though, according to this, you can mix 7800GT with 7800GTX.
http://www.tech-hounds.com/article14/ArticlesPage1.html

Can anyone clarify?
Right the first time. You are referring to this, I presume:
Using a pair of GeForce 6800GT or even the GeForce 7800GT / GTX may provide...
This article was written in the middle of the 7-series, meaning before the 7900 came out. The author means you can use older, "value" cards like the 6800GT for longevity, or go all out with high ends cards like the 7800GT or 7800GTX. You cannot mix and match, as the number of pipelines is not variable.

Things you CAN mix:
Brands
Memory- 256+512 will act like a pair of 256MB cards. The other 256MB on the 512-card will be unused.
Clock speeds- the faster card will slow down to match its partner

Not sure about subtimings, as these are supposed to be uniform- they are specified by nVidia. I don't know how an XFX GTX XXX would match up with a Foxconn stock-speed model, neglecting the clock speed difference.

You need a shorter skirt! And we need pics...

I KEED I KEED!
Ah you don't wanna see that, trust me :p

IMO the 7900gs for 100 isnt that great of price espically for a second hand one. you can get them for almost that much AR brand new. How ever if they were gonna sell it for 50-60 i would get one
Right. $105 actually AR at newegg for 7900gs, eVGA actually, with lifetime warranty.

lol i just bought a BFG 7800gtx last week for $125 and thought i got out pretty good! oh well...

Back