HOT - 32" LG UltraGear 2560x1440 QHD 165Hz FreeSync Premium VA Gaming Monitor $143.65 Free Shipping. Use code: HECA90210

SixFootDuo

Supreme [H]ardness
HOT - 32" LG UltraGear 2560x1440 QHD 165Hz FreeSync Premium VA Gaming Monitor $143.65 Free Shipping. Use code: HECA90210

Just found this and bought it. I get it the 9th of July. Pretty smoking deal for a 32" Gaming monitor. Modern VA panels has better contrast than IPS.

Don't need really this ATM, so it will go into the closet for now. $150 for an adult is throw away money. A use for it will pop up eventually.

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-3...x_20211002&utm_content=dxp_en_ x_15039309_x_x

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 0
Don't need really this ATM, so it will go into the closet for now. $150 for an adult is throw away money. A use for it will pop up eventually.
Lol, depends on the person. It won't be for you long with that attitude towards money :). 1440p really isn't good at 32", in my opinion. I like 4k at 27". Still this is a good hot deal price for a monitor like this. I also can't stand VA color shifting and brightness shifting, or its black smear in motion. You do you though.

I'd go for this: https://slickdeals.net/f/17592573-2...nitor-refurbished-by-msi-139-49-free-shipping

Last edited:
Lol, depends on the person. It won't be for you long with that attitude towards money :). 1440p really isn't good at 32", in my opinion. I like 4k at 27". Still this is a good hot deal price for a monitor like this. I also can't stand VA color shifting and brightness shifting, or its black smear in motion. You do you though.

I'd go for this: https://slickdeals.net/f/17592573-2...nitor-refurbished-by-msi-139-49-free-shipping

When you suggested a small refurbished monitor with a 90 day warranty, along with worse reviews than the one I listed, you definitely hit it on the head with the "you do you" comment. That's terrible advice in my opinion, so much so, I am not even sure you are being serious here? But you do you. This 32" has a lot of good solid reviews, and even better, in the comment section of Slickdeals, many owners have had nothing but nice things to say about the monitor. Also, interestingly enough, is that absent from those reviews are your chief complaints about VA panels. So there is a disconnect here which, for me and others, would raise red flags. Since you seem to be okay with refurbished, this might explain your complaints. Always buy new in the box. And, if you can, focus on price to performance ratio, which this monitor at $150 shipped all-in, has in spades. But, to give you the benefit of the doubt here, I did some digging around and that MSI you linked, this model seems to have some quality and performance issues, along with fit and finish concerns according to a good handful of reviews I just went and read. I am sure you can find the same info I found. One user reported he / she received not one, but two dead monitors, and on the third replacement monitor, some visible dead pixels. This might explain these being refurbished. You might want to consider taking down your "advice." Good luck.

Sheesh...You both need to tone it down a bit. No need to let your words rub each other the wrong way. *Insert "Why can't we be friends?"*

In regards to the monitor in the op. Good price for what it is, although I do have to agree with GoldenTiger that 1440p isn't the best option at 32". The pixel density is noticeable if you sit close to your display. Also I would personally never pick up a VA panel. Although VA technology has improve...higher contrast doesn't mean anything if you have crushed blacks. VA has never solved that problem, and never will imo. There's a reason why the mass majority of high end gaming LCD displays are IPS....great viewing angles, great colors/accuracy, have gotten faster response wise compared to previous generation variants, good detail in dark areas, etc. Professional studio displays use IPS for a reason, same with Apple...It's the best you can get in LCD's when done right. Now IPS does tend to have their own weakness, in IPS glow....But that's definitely tolerable compared to crushed blacks.

Unfortunate, but VA will always be a step down. It's not for no reason that Samsung, who is by far the biggest seller of VA in their gaming monitors never advertises that fact unless you read the full spec list. Pretty messed up if you ask me, they gloss over the use of a VA panel and never mention it in any of their marketing and face first advertising, but can only be scrounged up in their detailed spec sheets. Yet when they dip into an IPS panel on their gaming line, it's there in bold letters in the actual marketing. I had a buddy who picked up a 27" VA panel about 3 years ago, paid a pretty penny too for a high end gaming monitor. Had him bring it over and loaded up Tarkov on his new display, and cloned the signal to my pretty old Acer XB271HU (both 1440P)....You literally couldn't see much in darker areas on VA panel, it just crushed away...which was no bueno considering Tarkov was his main game. Safe to say he returned it and got an Asus 1440P IPS 144hz variant.

I will say though, for the price...it's not bad...if you can live with the shortcomings of VA and 1440P at 32". But you can get a good 1440P 27" IPS 144hz for pretty reasonable prices now-a-days. Quick search on Amazon brought this up....

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Monitor-FreeSync-Premium-M3bmiiprx/dp/B0C4Z8RFY9

Not to shabby, considering I paid $799 for each of my xb271hu's back when they came out. Now if only OLED's could get perfected in the gaming monitor segment...I'd be all over it. But that's a whole other conversation in regards to their respective shortcomings in QD-OLED/WOLED, even with their newest generation panels.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I had one of the 32" LG UltraGears for a while. It's a solid monitor. Only got rid of it because I moved to a 40" ultra wide.

I have two of these. Screaming deal. 1440p is fine. There are so many other aspects of a display to be concerned with.

Sheesh...You both need to tone it down a bit. No need to let your words rub each other the wrong way. *Insert "Why can't we be friends?"*

In regards to the monitor in the op. Good price for what it is, although I do have to agree with GoldenTiger that 1440p isn't the best option at 32". The pixel density is noticeable if you sit close to your display. Also I would personally never pick up a VA panel. Although VA technology has improve...higher contrast doesn't mean anything if you have crushed blacks. VA has never solved that problem, and never will imo. There's a reason why the mass majority of high end gaming LCD displays are IPS....great viewing angles, great colors/accuracy, have gotten faster response wise compared to previous generation variants, good detail in dark areas, etc. Professional studio displays use IPS for a reason, same with Apple...It's the best you can get in LCD's when done right. Now IPS does tend to have their own weakness, in IPS glow....But that's definitely tolerable compared to crushed blacks.

Unfortunate, but VA will always be a step down. It's not for no reason that Samsung, who is by far the biggest seller of VA in their gaming monitors never advertises that fact unless you read the full spec list. Pretty messed up if you ask me, they gloss over the use of a VA panel and never mention it in any of their marketing and face first advertising, but can only be scrounged up in their detailed spec sheets. Yet when they dip into an IPS panel on their gaming line, it's there in bold letters in the actual marketing. I had a buddy who picked up a 27" VA panel about 3 years ago, paid a pretty penny too for a high end gaming monitor. Had him bring it over and loaded up Tarkov on his new display, and cloned the signal to my pretty old Acer XB271HU (both 1440P)....You literally couldn't see much in darker areas on VA panel, it just crushed away...which was no bueno considering Tarkov was his main game. Safe to say he returned it and got an Asus 1440P IPS 144hz variant.

I will say though, for the price...it's not bad...if you can live with the shortcomings of VA and 1440P at 32". But you can get a good 1440P 27" IPS 144hz for pretty reasonable prices now-a-days. Quick search on Amazon brought this up....

Not to shabby, considering I paid $799 for each of my xb271hu's back when they came out. Now if only OLED's could get perfected in the gaming monitor segment...I'd be all over it. But that's a whole other conversation in regards to their respective shortcomings in QD-OLED/WOLED, even with their newest generation panels.

I ended up building a huge L shaped butcher block computer desk ( 16 foot ) and over time, with all the room, decided to add monitors. Have a VA, IPS and OLED. OLED is king, but the VA I have has better blacks / contrast than the IPS. I prefer the VA, not that I use it for much other than social-media. They all have their cons. I've been gaming on OLED the past 4 - 5 years, which I absolutely love. I keep running into people putting down VA. I think many people are still of the mindset of VA panels from 10 years ago, and those did have issues. But, we think and perceive differently, and that's fine. I typically do not use Hard forums much these days, but a 32" for $150 shipped all in, I had to come here and share it. Thats a super hot deal.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have two of these. Screaming deal. 1440p is fine. There are so many other aspects of a display to be concerned with.
Absolutely .... if fact, I challenge anyone to find better, past or present. This is a Black Friday deal, on steroids and then some. Where do you find a 32" gaming monitor for $150 shipped all in? You don't. I've noticed some really really good deals lately, and I think, not many people are spending money lately in regard to computers. Excess stagnant stock? That, and it's summer, which is traditionally not the best season to sell and move product.

I have 2 of the previous model, I think it is the GL850. I have since switched to an OLED but still use one of these for my 2nd monitor. These are great and this is a steal at this price.

Not a bad deal but I don't like 32" for that resolution. If you sit further back it will probably be fine though. For $150 it is essentially a budget monitor, and it seems quite nice for something priced nearly at bottom of the barrel pricing.

Last edited:

Just found this and bought it. I get it the 9th of July. Pretty smoking deal for a 32" Gaming monitor. Modern VA panels has better contrast than IPS.

https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32gn600-b-gaming-monitor?cjdata=MXxOfDB8WXww&cjevent=f84f0299380c11ef8336157b0a1cb825&utm_source=cj-affiliate-1122587&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=b2c_xbu_x_aon-cj-affiliat-text_cat_x_x_20211002&utm_content=dxp_en_ x_15039309_x_x
You can get them at Walmart for 210, I was going to get one, but I went with dual 32GP750, the IPS version while they were at 300.

Back