Hogwarts Legacy

PC is looking pretty darn nice. I suspect some of the stuttering issues I've seen mentioned are the usual people who turn the graphics quality up too high without the hardware to support it.

My brain has totally melted after reading the Steam Hogwarts Legacy forums for about 3-4 hours.
It's like listening to someone on here about preorders make sure your brain in in order when it's preordered.

this sounds a lot better than I thought...the main positives being the immersion into the Potter world and the exploration...it looks pretty good as well on PC (it's no Metro Exodus or Cyberpunk but they did an excellent job creating the gameworld)...it's the perfect Potter adaptation to video games...there are issues such as the main story, boring side quests, same enemy types but overall I didn't think a lot of people thought this studio could deliver a game like this

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I guess the dry spell is over with kids.

9/10 despite those caveats says it all. I don't see how we go wrong here and honestly? How many deep single player RPGs along these lines do we get? Buy it on principle. We can't go wrong here.

All in.

Was going to comment on that. Technical problems and a bad story is an almost perfect game? What? That is on top of gameplay shortcomings (poor enemy variety). Sounds like a 7 out of 10 at best.

Am I the only one unimpressed with the graphics? And apparently it runs like shit too? Is this the new trend for 2023? Look medicore-at-best but run like Crysis did in 2007?

I don't get the hype for this. It literally looks like every other AAA open-world game released by Ubisoft/EA/etc.

Sounds like it has performance issues, also, so not great.

I don't get the hype for this. It literally looks like every other AAA open-world game released by Ubisoft/EA/etc.
What people forget is that open world AAA RPGs are usually pretty good. I liked almost all recent Ubisoft open world games. Even FarCry6 wasn't bad, just not that outstanding.

FC6 was a pile and everyone knows it. If that’s what this ends up feeling like I’m out, though I’m hopeful it’ll be a gem.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikka...rly-access-begins-on-ps5-xbox-series-x-and-pc

Easy givens: It's a good game. It's not a bad game. It's better than Far Cry 6. It runs and looks better than anything any of us played back in 2007.

*It's only early access.* Give it a little time in the wilds and especially come February 10th (full release date) or so and then see where it's at.

Early access and however other means people have been playing it already is part of why there are some of these performance issues that will be improved upon. Don't put too much weight on any feedback this early. It's all going to improve and it won't take long. WB is pushing big money for their big franchise.

Last edited:
Ever second there is about 50 new posts on Steam this game is going to take off.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I don't get the hype for this. It literally looks like every other AAA open-world game released by Ubisoft/EA/etc

it's more that the game does an excellent job recreating the Harry Potter world...the immersion, attention to detail and exploration aspects are getting the biggest praise

Last edited:
14 Minutes of PC Gameplay at Max Settings (4K 60FPS)

The cloth physics seem to be just as bad as they were in Mafia II DE, and that's without having PhysX. The cloak doesn't seem as bad as the jacket which is a good thing since that's what I will be rocking.

Last edited:
No idea about the gameplay, but the graphics from videos and reviews I've watched look like a mixed bag.

Yeah the outdoor open world stuff looks pretty dang cool. But the inside areas and character models seem rather dated or look cheap with blocky designs choppy movement.

What game engine is this using?

No idea about the gameplay, but the graphics from videos and reviews I've watched look like a mixed bag.

Yeah the outdoor open world stuff looks pretty dang cool. But the inside areas and character models seem rather dated or look cheap with blocky designs choppy movement.

What game engine is this using?
The teeth gritting and smiles gives me chills. Time stamped.

it's more that the game does an excellent job recreating the Harry Potter world...the immersion, attention to detail and exploration aspects are getting the biggest praise

Harry Potter kids, are now adults having children with disposable income. It would have been a horrible business decision to do anything but make it immersive for that generation of fans.

Sounds like it has performance issues, also, so not great.
Because it's harry potter. Now all the closet hermits (non pun intended about the closet) can live some of their fantasies about being a wizard.

I'm not a big Potter fan, but I do respect the franchise, and overall enjoyed most the movies. Still think the third movie was the best, and the director made the world look super cool, gothic, dark and creepy in that film. That movie had a much more mature theme, should have kept that crew on to do the rest.

Anyways, if this game can capture the hearts of Harry Potter fans, good for them, and if it's just a good game in general, that's great for all of us. My nieces and nephew, are in their late 20's / early 30's now and the books and movies were HUGE for them when they were younger just a GIGANTIC franchise to that age group.

Can't get mine to work yet. I preloaded and I'm staring at it. It says app unavailable. I've restarted Steam several times. Oh well.

Yes, once again PC gamers get needlessly delayed vs the console players who have been playing this since midnight. Kind of dumb but typical. I'm well past 1pm Eastern.

20230207121418_1.jpg

Works for me alot of people having problems just getting the game to work.

View attachment 547333

Works for me alot of people having problems just getting the game to work.

If you go on Hogwart's Legacy Twitter feed you will see lots of people having the same issue I am. Restarts...all the tricks...nothing works. That's unfortunate. It's still grayed out for February 10.

https://twitter.com/HogwartsLegacy/status/1623018923556802574?s=20&t=OwWHOSzsem6V_hBZyXRiGg

Skim this thread. You will get the picture fast. The Steam forums, too.

Last edited:
Yeah the DLX edition only maybe alot of people didn't read the fine text I know I didn't.
Once my Pillow arrives going to play it for a few minutes but I've been up since 9:00 PM yesterday.

DLX only. Unfortunately, this glitch or whatever it is is affecting DLX Steam people like me. It's all over the place.

2pm Eastern now and still nothing. Multiple restarts of client and PC... the works. Oh well.

Word is it's a possible Steam issue.

Last edited:
It seems nobody can play who bought a retail key for steam. For those who pre-ordered it on steam exiting steam and restarting fixes it.

It seems nobody can play who bought a retail key for steam. For those who pre-ordered it on steam exiting steam and restarting fixes it.
it's incredibly infuriating.... even more so because there is zero communication from dev or steam anywhere. i dont think that bodes well for the future of the game. you cant have millions of people be angry at you for hours and hours, and expect them to stick with you.
80% of preorders will get refunded in an hour or two and the the game will be dragged through the mud

Good (I guess.) I have seen some "bought directly on Steam" people having the same issue even after restarts and all, though.

I hope they can fix that. Greenman is legit so I shouldn't be punished for buying from them. There wasn't any fine print about "buy DLX direct on Steam only" either. That's unfortunate and needless. It's a bad look.

Good (I guess.) I have seen some "bought directly on Steam" people having the same issue even after restarts and all, though.

I hope they can fix that. Greenman is legit so I shouldn't be punished for buying from them. There wasn't any fine print about "buy DLX direct on Steam only" either. That's unfortunate and needless. It's a bad look.
bought from greenmangaming as well, like i always do.
shit like this has never happened before.

I've seen a few people complain who got it directly on steam, but I suspect they complained before trying the re-start steam option. 99% of the complaints are from those who got it from 3 rd party like cdkeys, humble, etc, or B&M retail store in Europe.

I got it on gmg also, so I'm in the same boat. So far the publisher didn't even acknowledge there is an issue depsite thousands of complaints on twitter and steam.

This is only my luck, first time I have free time for a game launch that is manageble in my time zone and then this happens. Giant egg on their face for sure. Now instead of being excited gamers will start the game full of frustration, if we can even play at all before the official friday release.

I've seen a few people complain who got it directly on steam, but I suspect they complained before trying the re-start steam option. 99% of the complaints are from those who got it from 3 rd party like cdkeys, humble, etc, or B&M retail store in Europe.

I got it on gmg also, so I'm in the same boat. So far the publisher didn't even acknowledge there is an issue depsite thousands of complaints on twitter and steam.

This is only my luck, first time I have free time for a game launch that is manageble in my time zone and then this happens. Giant egg on their face for sure. Now instead of being excited gamers will start the game full of frustration, if we can even play at all before the official friday release.

Same deal.

I have nothing to lose so the last step is: Uninstall and reinstall.

I can wait until the 10th. It's not the end of the world it's just a bummer and again a bit of a bad look.

I did see people say that even Warner is looking into it because this wasn't supposed to happen. I get that they are cagey about gray market and stolen keys and all that but not like this. We will see. Hopefully yet we can play it today. :)

Back