Hogwarts Legacy

If you are an XP member at Greenmangaming, they have a 22% off code for you, specifically to pre-order hogwarts. (expires Jan 1st)

Plus, there is an additional 3% off any game, which might stack.
No preorders. Lets see some reviews.

Avalanche Software had previously released the minimum and recommended PC system requirements for Hogwarts Legacy, but they have now been updated...the CPU and GPU requirements have been slightly lowered, but now they are targeting 720p@60 FPS with low quality settings instead of 1080p@60FPS with the same preset...additionally, the RAM requirement has doubled from 8 GB to 16 GB

the game developer also added information on the target specifications for 1440p and 4K gaming at Ultra settings...

https://twitter.com/HogwartsLegacy/status/1613581571612606464?s=20

ULTRA:

Processor: Intel Core i7-10700K (3.8 GHz) or AMD Ryzen 7 5800x (3.8 GHz)
Memory: 32 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti or AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 85 GB SSD
Additional Notes: SSD, 1440p/60 fps, Ultra Quality Settings

ULTRA 4K:

Processor: Intel Core i7-10700K (3.8 GHz) or AMD Ryzen 7 5800x (3.8 GHz)
Memory: 32 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090Ti or AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 85 GB SSD
Additional Notes: SSD, 2160p/60 fps, Ultra Quality Settings

I wouldn't dare touch this game until a few weeks after release with many reviews. Between Rage 2 and Just Cause 4, Avalanche now has a record of complete garbage.

I wouldn't dare touch this game until a few weeks after release with many reviews. Between Rage 2 and Just Cause 4, Avalanche now has a record of complete garbage.
That is Avalanche Studios. This game is being made by Avalanche Software, who made games like Disney Infinity before this. Two different developers.

That is Avalanche Studios. This game is being made by Avalanche Software, who made games like Disney Infinity before this. Two different developers.
While correct this game gives me similar vibes to Avalanche Studios’ games - clinically clean and sterile open-worlds with a simple but functional gameplay “loop”; no depth, no risk, no real immersion or innovation - things just feel “detached” and floaty for lack of better words.

While correct this game gives me similar vibes to Avalanche Studios’ games - clinically clean and sterile open-worlds with a simple but functional gameplay “loop”; no depth, no risk, no real immersion or innovation - things just feel “detached” and floaty for lack of better words.

Works fine for Just Cause. Might not work so well for this. I am somewhat interested in this game.

I have always played FPS (quake, UT...) but this game looks pretty cool, I might check it out. I would like to just walk around and check stuff out, the graphics and detail look pretty slick.

probably not, since youre supposed to be a new student.
1673915336702.png

I'm not a huge HP fan, but I've read the books, seen most of the movies, and enjoyed the various rides at Universal. I like what I've seen from this so far. Seems like there's a lot to see, do, and explore, and that's what this world has been missing thus far. I'll check out some reviews first, but if this doesn't suck I'll probably buy it.

I'm gonna give it a shot, why not. I hope they pull it off, but watching the trailer it looks like they might go for the more typical/grind mechanics. I hope I'm wrong.

I didn't really read the books, the first one I couldn't finish but the movies show maybe 2 dozen spells? The trailer said ~2 dozen spells too, but I assume you'll "equip" a couple and have to swap them out, sounds like a PITA if you wanted to be immersed but maybe they'll slow time while you swap spells or something?

I haven't been watching all of the other videos, id rather be surprised at this point.

I believe the character is basically a student transfer type of deal, like if you came from another country or lived with wolves or something, you don't start out in first grade as a teenager. That was the whole premise of having to "catch up" to the other students, and having that room of reqs "helping" you out as you farm and craft stuff. That's what I gleaned from the main video anyway.

I wasn't initially interested in this but the closer it gets to release the better it's sounding...I thought it was a kids game just using the Harry Potter name but it's sounding better the more details are revealed about gameplay- more than 100 side quests, over 100 hours to complete the game, nice set of RT features (shadows, reflections, AO)

I wasn't initially interested in this but the closer it gets to release the better it's sounding...I thought it was a kids game just using the Harry Potter name but it's sounding better the more details are revealed about gameplay- more than 100 side quests, over 100 hours to complete the game, nice set of RT features (shadows, reflections, AO)

Stop, my penis can only get so erect!

I look at number of side quests and number of hours to complete the same as “our map is x sq miles”. None of it matters if it’s shallow content puke. This game seems interesting, but I’m worried about how much actual meaningful content there will be and how much of it is going to feel like an Ubisoft open world game. A great setting will only help so much.

I picked this up but ordered the regular edition by mistake going for the deluxe edition instead for 3 day early access. So refunded and buying it again might take two days to go through. Update took about two hours to refund barly had funds to repurchase.

Last edited:
No preorders. Lets see some reviews.
It pays to preorder the game comes out 3 days early for the Dlx edition. I never read the books but watched the 1st Movie. Also talked to the fans of the movies at Walmart like 15 years ago while they were waiting for the Disc version. The amount of Harry Potter merchandise was crazy in toys over the years saw everything from Harry Potter Coffee Mugs to the talking Magical Hat.

Last edited:
It pays to preorder the game comes out 3 days early for the Dlx edition. I never read the books but watched the 1st Movie. Also talked to the fans if the movies at Walmart like 15 years ago. The amount of Harry Potter merchandise was crazy in toys over the years saw everything from Harry Potter Coffee Mugs to the talking Magical Hat.
No it doesn't. It only "pays" to do that if you're incredibly impatient.

Back