Hogwarts Legacy

Armenius

Extremely [H]
The Harry Potter RPG we've all been waiting for will release for the holiday season of 2022 on all consoles and Windows PC. PlayStation State of Play recently did a broadcast dedicated to the game, showing off 14 minutes of gameplay. The game is being developed by Avalanche Studios. It is an original story taking place during the 19th century

https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/en-us

The Harry Potter RPG we've all been waiting for will release for the holiday season of 2022 on all consoles and Windows PC. PlayStation State of Play recently did a broadcast dedicated to the game, showing off 14 minutes of gameplay. The game is being developed by Avalanche Studios. It is an original story taking place during the 19th century

https://www.hogwartslegacy.com/en-us

That looks waaaay better than the last couple of trailers.

Oh fuck - I realize it's just a timer but this does not bode well imo
1648312705314.png

Devs have said that there are no microtransactions but I don’t trust WB to keep it that way for long.
Yeah I remember reading that too - but timers like that worry me about always-online requirements as well.

I don't really want to play myself, but my daughter likes Harry Potter games (usually old games like Philosopher's Stone).
Game looks good

....... games have had timers with excessively long times on them since long before micro transactions. Literally just seeing a timer is absolutely no reason to jump to the conclusion of "micro!"

....... games have had timers with excessively long times on them since long before micro transactions. Literally just seeing a timer is absolutely no reason to jump to the conclusion of "micro!"

In 2022 it **absolutely** is a reason to suspect future microtransaction bullshit.
I'm still looking forward to the game - as long as it's 100% singleplayer and offline.

This is why we can't have nice things. And with a single swoop, they erased all good will.

We've seen this in the past with some other games but I hate this practice. Sometimes they do it another way where different platforms get different exclusive content, meaning no one can experience the full game. I'd rather have short timed exclusivity than have quests locked out.

We've seen this in the past with some other games but I hate this practice. Sometimes they do it another way where different platforms get different exclusive content, meaning no one can experience the full game. I'd rather have short timed exclusivity than have quests locked out.
I'd rather they just released the damn game as normal human beings, no pre-order bonuses, no exclusive content of any kind. You pay for it, and you get a complete game, a simple transaction. No playing for FOMO and such.

I don't even know what marketing value platform exclusive content has. Presumably if you are interested in the game and your platform is Playstation, you will buy it on that anyway. And if you weren't interested in the game this surely won't convince you.

What it achieved is me having second thoughts about getting it.

I don't even know what marketing value platform exclusive content has. Presumably if you are interested in the game and your platform is Playstation, you will buy it on that anyway. And if you weren't interested in the game this surely won't convince you.
For Sony there is some value, people having both console or still trying to buy a playstation 5.

So Sony could propose to the publisher an extra push on the platform in exchange of some exclusive that add some value to the playstation versus the xbox.

For Sony there is some value, people having both console or still trying to buy a playstation 5.

So Sony could propose to the publisher an extra push on the platform in exchange of some exclusive that add some value to the playstation versus the xbox.

It's just an exchange of money. Sony goes to the publisher, asks them to make exclusive content and to feature their platform more prominently in exchange of a bunch of money. You're right about why Sony does it, though. Having exclusive content or having ads feature their platforms more associates the game with the Playstation brand. That's why they've had exclusive betas, early access to content, etc for COD games since the PS4 came out. Sony drew up a massive contract with Activision for it in order to rip the COD association away from Microsoft and have continued to do that with other games over time.

I am not at all a Harry Potter fan. But....this game is looking like it could be really good. Good music. Good visuals with great environments to explore. Hopefully the gameplay elements come together well.

I was hoping to get the collectors edition for my wife...I figured they'd go on sale sometime around Christmas.
Nope went on sale and sold out weeks ago.

It's weird, the more gameplay I see the more generic and less appealing the game seems - and I was really excited to play this initially.

Reactions: Meeho
like this
If you are an XP member at Greenmangaming, they have a 22% off code for you, specifically to pre-order hogwarts. (expires Jan 1st)

Plus, there is an additional 3% off any game, which might stack.

I finally got a ban on Reddit. I was banned from the PC gaming subreddit for defending JK Rowling in a thread about this game.

View attachment 526643
A ban from Reddit is a badge of honor in my book. I'd bet that the game will receive mixed reviews from critics and audience regardless of the quality of the game, but will still sell well regardless. Those who are intolerant of JK Rowling for her very normal viewpoints are going to try to find every reason to dislike the game, and they're extremely over-represented in the gaming industry.

Back