Hitman

Welp, fucked up my first elusive contract. If I hadn't tried to be fancy, I'd have got him, but no, I HAD to try and blow him sky high.....

Welp, fucked up my first elusive contract. If I hadn't tried to be fancy, I'd have got him, but no, I HAD to try and blow him sky high.....

Damn it I've got a wretched streak on these and all from my own stupidity.

I really do wish they would let us have a second chance or work some kind of set up out on these elusive targets.

For some reason today I have had a bad rash of presumably corrupted saves, both manual and auto. Likely the fault of the online setup and I don't think it's anything on my end.

Anyone else having these kinds of issues?

For some reason today I have had a bad rash of presumably corrupted saves, both manual and auto. Likely the fault of the online setup and I don't think it's anything on my end.

Anyone else having these kinds of issues?

Guess not even on Steam and IO's forums for this game.

Basically I can't use auto or manual saves at all. I can play the game itself just fine.

That's just [H]ardcore mode... :p

It's hit and miss. Now I got some of them to work.

I don't load saves very often but there have been a few times I had a really sweet setup going and it was a shame to lose it.

I do think this online setup IO did on this game is completely senseless and a serious blemish on an otherwise stellar game.

The patch with the bonus missions are out... but can't be played yet :-(

PRapnqr.jpg

New Additions

• Leaderboards now display the Contract completion time of all players, when viewing their detailed score.
  • Added a detailed pop-up of the required Target Kill/Objective conditions on the Briefing Page and Notebook.
  • Added a tile to the ‘Destination’ page that shows the next upcoming destination.
  • Added Tips and Hints to the Loading Screen.
  • Added a filter on the Challenges menu that allows you to toggle which challenges are displayed. There are three options: ‘Show all’, ‘Show achieved’ or ‘Show unachieved’.
  • Added an option under Options:Gameplay to toggle the Challenge Completion pop-up. This is shown in the top-right hand corner when you complete a challenge. There are two options: ‘Show Challenge notifications’ or ‘Hide Challenge notifications’.
  • Added an option under Options:Gameplay to toggle ‘Target Indicators’ on the Mini Map. There are two options: ‘On’ or ‘Off’.
  • Challenges for Elusive Targets have been moved to their own category, allowing players to have a better overview of the challenges that have been completed on each mission.
  • When selecting a contract in the Contracts menu, the location and mission name will be shown.
  • Example: Marrakesh / A Gilded Cage.
  • The Featured Hub will now display the newest episodic content.
  • In the case of a disconnection from the servers whilst browsing the game menu, a ‘Reconnect’ option has been added.
  • The mission briefing videos for the first three Sarajevo Six missions have been added to the briefing page for each respective mission. (PS4 only)

Changes to Existing Features

• Unconscious targets can now be dumped into body containers that allow the player to then kill them. For example, unconscious targets can now be dumped in the shredder and acid containers in the World of Tomorrow mission. Sorry, Silvio.
  • Adjusted the design of the surveillance system so that all cameras are linked on a “global” system within the mission. All cameras are now connected to all recorders in a mission and if a player disables one recorder, all cameras no longer record 47.
  • Changes to how the ICA Remote Audio Distraction item functions. This item now attracts the attention of other characters only if is remotely activated, as intended. Previously, it would attract attention as soon as it was equipped. NPCs become suspicious of the device if 47 is carrying it or they discover it.
  • Changes to how the Remote Breaching Charge item functions. This item now has a small, lethal explosive radius.
  • The ‘Featured Contracts’ order has been 'reversed', so that the newest Contracts are shown first when viewing the list.
  • Elusive Target status is now only shown on the Featured Hub for the duration of the contract. The game will no longer permanently remind you that you failed an Elusive Target.
  • Updated the Escalation Contract Briefing page to show the newest objective/complication first, on the left side. You no longer need to scroll to the right to see the newly added complication.
  • Updated some of the Challenge descriptions to reflect that you can still erase evidence after being recorded.

Fixes for Existing Issues

• General stability improvements across all platforms
  • Fixed a handful of issues that could lead to dips in performance in Marrakesh.
  • Fixed an issue that could result in 47 being spotted through the walls in a closed room in the markets during the A Gilded Cage mission.
  • Fixed an issue where guards in the ‘hunting’ state would know exactly where 47 was located after a crime had been reported to them by a civilian. Now, guards will investigate the area where the civilian witnessed the crime, and not where 47 is currently located.
  • Fixed an issue where using a syringe with the ‘Silent Attack’ prompt would result in other characters reacting to the action. This action is now silent, as intended.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause some decals to not appear in the Final Test mission
  • Fixed rare issues that could cause opportunities in Paris to not update.
  • Fixed an issue where dragging bodies could result in 47 hands shaking unnaturally.
  • Fixed an issue where the complication timer during Escalation Contracts could skip a second, i.e going from 17 seconds remaining to 15 seconds remaining.
  • Following a scoring fix, leaderboards for all story missions, Escalation contracts, Sarajevo Six contracts (PS4) and Featured Contracts have been reset.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
If there was ever a Elusive Target that needs to be playable multiple times (locking your score on the first attempt of course), Gary Busey is it.
And to add to the goodness, Gary Cole is also in the mix on the Busey Elusive target, hopefully they will make an exception for this mission.

And to add to the goodness, Gary Cole is also in the mix on the Busey Elusive target, hopefully they will make an exception for this mission.

That was a neat touch although I wasn't quite sure what I was supposed to do with him.

I have enjoyed the bonus missions in addition to the gem that was. I could tell by the voice acting and the script both Cole and Busey were having fun with this.

Now this:
A new update for HITMAN was released on July 25th for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

This updates focuses on general stability improvements.
In addition, the updates also adds the following fixes:

- Improvements to the 'Golden Touch' opportunity in Marrakesh when saving/loading.
- Fixed a rare issue causing a crash in Sapienza when taking a bodyguard disguise.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause the game to crash when switching between saves in Paris.
- Fixed an issue in Marrakesh that could cause 47 to fall 'out of world'.
- Fixed an issue in 'The Icon' mission that could cause the target to stop moving after loading a save.

Source: Hitman

I'm thinking about getting this game but $59.99 is really steep for what is essentially an unfinished game.

We're basically giving them an advance while they finish the game.

I'm thinking about getting this game but $59.99 is really steep for what is essentially an unfinished game.

We're basically giving them an advance while they finish the game.
They are using the Elusive Targets as a way to keep people enticed.

like this
Hitman Episode Four Visiting Thailand On The 16th

Awesomeness.

Again, as skeptical as I was about this particular format of release? They made it work. It's been nice to have a healthy amount of content and then it's spread out in a manner where by the time you're ready to see something new, there it is. Very well done and at this point, yes, this is the best Hitman of the series and has officially unseated Blood Money, at least for me.

Again, as skeptical as I was about this particular format of release? They made it work.

Personally, it hasn't worked out for me that well. I can see how it could work for some people but personally, after I got done with the first couple episodes I sort of forgot about the game and moved on to other things. I'm sure I will hit it up again in the future but unless you are playing it consistently trying to get all the challenges and whatnot, I think some players (like myself) will lose interest.

Not to say at all that this is a bad game, it's a great game. But I'm not convinced about the "trickle" content model. Episodic content in general hasn't worked out super great as far as I have seen.

like this
Personally, it hasn't worked out for me that well. I can see how it could work for some people but personally, after I got done with the first couple episodes I sort of forgot about the game and moved on to other things. I'm sure I will hit it up again in the future but unless you are playing it consistently trying to get all the challenges and whatnot, I think some players (like myself) will lose interest.

Not to say at all that this is a bad game, it's a great game. But I'm not convinced about the "trickle" content model. Episodic content in general hasn't worked out super great as far as I have seen.

Don't get me wrong: I would have preferred it if they hadn't done it but... it worked out better than I expected on my end. I thought it was going to be a complete disaster.

Disclaimer: I'm a Hitman junkie so chances are you forgot about the game and I more or less haven't with occasional breaks. ;)

This has been my dark horse candidate for GOTY so far.... and also my steal of the year, since I snagged an AMD key for the Full Experience off eBay for $20 about two weeks before release.

like this
Hitman could end up being three seasons long

Skepticism of format relase notwithstanding... this really should turn some heads and knock more people off the fence.

Seriously this game is at least as good as Blood Money if not better. Really. No Hitman fan should be in doubt at this point.

Everyone will get more than their money's worth. I know I already have. :)

Last edited:
Assuming that means another 2 sets of maps included in the Full Experience...hell yes.

Assuming that means another 2 sets of maps included in the Full Experience...hell yes.
I'd imagine the subsequent seasons will be additional $$$. The retail release is "Season 1." Doubt they'd just continue adding significant content for free.

The full experience is listed as 7 episodes now that I look it up.

I'd be ok with paying for additional seasons though, just not a unique suit, gun and a 3 minute mission for $5 like typical bs DLC.

I don't see any mention on the Steam page of it being "Season 1", but like you said, it does say 7 episodes so I guess that makes sense.

I'm not sure I'd pay another $60 for another "season", though.

Tried both, but prefer XBONE controller. Just easier and more comfortable. Not hard to put a bullet into a stationary target's head. If I got in a shoot out, obviously I would be reaching for the mouse, but if you've done that you've already screwed up :D.

Ok, I've been playing the game for a while.

This is different than previous Hitman games where you have a series of mission.

Here, you really only have a few locations with the same targets every time. So basically you have to replay each location again and again.

Yeah I'm having a hard time feeling like I didn't overpay for the satisfaction im getting on this title.

Once I beat a mission in story mode, I dont want to go back and play it again (and again) just trying something differently, it gets repetitive.

Certainly, I dont like the achievement aspect of hit the mark with a toaster oven fire then go back and do it again for another 'chieve using a bowling ball to the skull; the real achievement was beating the mission without being seen by anyone.

Playing the game that way, I'm done with the first 3 locations very quickly and am patiently waiting for todays release, surely only to beat it quickly too :(

I turned off the minimap and all the cheater garbage hints in an attempt to make it hard and last longer, but it only mitigated it a smidge.

Last edited:
^^ This is downright jaw dropping and stunning.

I was playing this map a few minutes ago. Wouldn't mind staying at a hotel like that myself. Come to think about it, i've never been to Bangkok.

like this
Well I dropped some pesticide in the air vents in the Bangkok map but that just knocked out a bunch of people in the atrium including my main target. It also put the entire place in lockdown which absolutely sucks as well as giving me "bodies found" penalties. So I don't recommend doing that.

Well I finished it:

jsfw4z.jpg

I didn't actually assassinate that Ken Morgan. I suddenly got this message that he had died and the woman on my intercom said something about "Outsourcing my killls". I didn't do anything of the sort !!! WTF happened?

like this
^^ I couldn't even find that with a search engine here. I want to know what happened.

^^ I couldn't even find that with a search engine here. I want to know what happened.

Yea, me too. Like I said, suddenly I get this message that my target is dead and I'm awarded an "Unnoticed Kill" !!

I have no clue what happened. Perhaps bug?

like this
Yea, me too. Like I said, suddenly I get this message that my target is dead and I'm awarded an "Unnoticed Kill" !!

I have no clue what happened. Perhaps bug?

Might be unless you did something that would have had a delayed reaction that would have killed him as an accident or poisoning or some such.

I still get the occasional "body found" notice that mystifies me. They have tightened a lot of screws on this but there may be a few bugaboos left.

I really am amazed with this game, overall. I couldn't be happier with it.

Well I finished it:

jsfw4z.jpg

I didn't actually assassinate that Ken Morgan. I suddenly got this message that he had died and the woman on my intercom said something about "Outsourcing my killls". I didn't do anything of the sort !!! WTF happened?

You didn't fix the tuktuk did you?

Back