Hitman 3 (2020)

I'll be there! Not keen on the rumored return to episodic format but other than that I will be all in.

I hope they improve the graphics new settings are nice but a more realistic bald Hitman head in in order.
Maybe if they use raytracing you can see the reflections.

I'm interested but the episodic format was stupid, as are timed events. I don't even understand why you would do that. Just release it as a full game without the online nonsense. Hopefully the performance/stability will be better day one on this go around. Aside from that, some small changes here and there can be done but otherwise they'd have a solid game on their hands.

Yeah that online stuff is BS I mean if they take away the online stuff can you still play the game?

Wow that's quick. They killed the episodic format but seems like they are releasing a new game every year anyway.

Dubai some weird stuff happens there like how the guy is above the clouds.
they have a bunch of buildings tall enough
1592745319495.png

I just hope they make the engine better than the last two games. Hitman 2 was a mess of crashing for me, and they both seemed to have some stuttering. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to this.

Is this the same always-online hand-holding non-sandbox bullshit again?
Because the last two were pure garbage compared against Contracts and Blood Money.

Different strokes as always. :)

Contracts was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Blood Money I still have on a bit of a pedestool although with some age some of its flaws are a bit more apparent.

With these?

Offline modes work just fine. In the early goings they were a bit dumb and then got a clue. Online... offline... it all works.

If you turn off everything "handholding/hint wise" in the menus (I'm glad for these options) and play these at a medium to high difficulty I myself have had numerous hours of gameplay situations that are right up there in Blood Money territory for me and I don't say that lightly. These have their own strengths and weaknesses just like the older games but it can be done.

Different strokes as always. :)

Contracts was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Blood Money I still have on a bit of a pedestool although with some age some of its flaws are a bit more apparent.

With these?

Offline modes work just fine. In the early goings they were a bit dumb and then got a clue. Online... offline... it all works.

If you turn off everything "handholding/hint wise" in the menus (I'm glad for these options) and play these at a medium to high difficulty I myself have had numerous hours of gameplay situations that are right up there in Blood Money territory for me and I don't say that lightly. These have their own strengths and weaknesses just like the older games but it can be done.

I tried the new Hitman but even with the hints disabled I felt like I was limited in what I could actually “experiment” with. If I had to use a buzzword, I guess I am missing the “emergent” gameplay that Blood Money has. Are the games actually fully playable offline now?

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
I tried the new Hitman but even with the hints disabled I felt like I was limited in what I could actually “experiment” with. If I had to use a buzzword, I guess I am missing the “emergent” gameplay that Blood Money has. Are the games actually fully playable offline now?

I know what you mean by emergent and I would probably agree with you on that.

I want to check a few details on offline because I don't want to steer you wrong. I'm concerned when I see people are still talking about saves not crossing over, no unlocks, and things of this nature.

Last edited:

I really hope VR comes to PC, would end up getting a Vive or Oculus (w/e is better at the time).

Progress will carry over from the Steam versions. I don't even recall what progress there was, maybe stuff I didn't care about.

Hitman 2016 also free next week on Epic.

Doesn't bother me. The last two games were great. This will be a buy from me regardless of platform.

I'm curious though, I thought Steam enacted a policy last year that if you launch your game exclusively on another platform, you can't launch on steam at all. Isn't that why RDR2 was only R* / EGS exclusive for like two weeks? Did that policy change?

This is false. And that sentence doesn't even make logical sense. They added a few lines to Steam's ToS that says if you create a listing for a game on Steam, there's an assumption that you have an intention of actually selling the game on Steam. But even that they are apparently not really enforcing, or doing so selectively. A lot of games have been abusing Steam for free advertising and publicity, building up fan followings, discussions and getting high on the Wishlist charts, only to then take an Epic bribe and remove the game from Steam last-minute before launch. Not hard to see why that's slimy and might turn people off.

Nope. Deal between Epic / R*

https://respawnfirst.com/valve-makes-changes-to-steam-distribution-agreement/amp/

What am I missing?

Sure enough it is Epic exclusive for 12 months. I have the preorder email that showed up this morning. This is silliness. It's not going to stop me from going for it of course.

I believe that's for Steamworks games only. If I recall Steamworks games are games that use valves features such as Anti-Cheat, Steam Mods, etc, and allows the developer to provide Steam keys to 3rd parties. I'm probably wrong in this since I haven't looked into it in years, but I kind of remember it being this way when games specifically said Steamworks on it like 10+ years ago.

Sure enough it is Epic exclusive for 12 months. I have the preorder email that showed up this morning. This is silliness. It's not going to stop me from going for it of course.
Yea I'm gonna grab it on Epic and mostlikely rebuy it on Steam down the line on sale just for convienence. Hitman is one of my favorite series so I don't mind supporting the devs on this more, not gonna miss out on elusive targets for a year over a store.

like this
I believe that's for Steamworks games only. If I recall Steamworks games are games that use valves features such as Anti-Cheat, Steam Mods, etc, and allows the developer to provide Steam keys to 3rd parties. I'm probably wrong in this since I haven't looked into it in years, but I kind of remember it being this way when games specifically said Steamworks on it like 10+ years ago.

I don't know myself. All I knew is I read something last year about this. Obviously I'm either mistaken about how the policy is enforced / what it applies to, or this policy is no longer in effect, because we're continuing to see EGS exclusives, and continue to see language that suggests those exclusives will come to Steam eventually.

In other news, the first Hitman reboot is free on EGS this week. Anyone who hasn't played it, well worth grabbing it. These games are fantastic.

like this
Hitman 3's engine will support over 300 active NPCs at once

The game is powered by IO Interactive's in-house Glacier engine, and will support 4K, 60 FPS and HDR...Hitman is set to release on the Epic Game Store on January 20, 2021...

Back