Hit a Folding (Stanford) milestone? Post it here:

at least i have someone without a bank of quads to shoot for :p

I really don't mind the slow progress. I am folding mostly for the science anyway. I see the points as a gauge of my personal contribution to medical research.

Hit 400K and shooting for 500K, before my 3 month mark (Dec 23rd).

Gotta find some more borgs!

Hey hey, I'm not running even a single quad. Sometimes I get the feeling I'm the only one around my team rank that isn't running quads, though.

Want to be [H]ard ? Get a Quad :p

In my case, beside increasing the contribution to F@H, I also wanted to build a setup who can last me 2-3 years.

2 million is no joke! Just because I hit 400k that quick, who knows how long it will take me to make 2 mil... Also, there are people who make my production look miniscule.
Numbers aside, it all goes to the same place right? For the Cure!

Want to be [H]ard ? Get a Quad :p

In my case, beside increasing the contribution to F@H, I also wanted to build a setup who can last me 2-3 years.

Quads cost money which I don't have at the moment. I'm hoping to have an Intel quad to add to the garden this spring and possibly a Phenom quad to toss in my AM2 mobo around the same time if finances permit. Both would be a nice jump in points for me. If things go right, I figure it could be a jump of at least 4000PPD at the minimum if I'm able to pull it off. And that's just counting if I can get the processors to overclock to the levels I'm at now. I'm hoping the Intel quad I end up with will do even better than the 3.4Ghz I have on my almost 1 year old C2D.

Hit 400 000 milestone:)

In last few days I increased my PPD from 3000 to 5000 :D:eek:
Another OCed Q6600 (G0) running Linux SMP client 24/7 will be online in 2 days (I expected to complete this rig today but I am waiting for last few parts.....).

Started folding (again) on two other boxen...maybe a few more when I get the chance. I think I might ramp up again. I've got the itch.

On that note, 1800 WU

300k AND on the 3rd page of [H] stats

the next page is going to be much [h]arder!

275K.....My production has been picking up nicely w/ Stanford's new WUs (2427 and 2416 have been godly for me)

500/WU running on 3 machines

bout 23/frame on the c2d
35/frame on a64 3500
45/frame on axp 2600
I haven't received any of those yet, but I'm only running two standard clients. Are there any special settings so we can get these WUs or is it completely random?

BTW, why aren't you running the SMP client on your C2D machine?

I haven't received any of those yet, but I'm only running two standard clients. Are there any special settings so we can get these WUs or is it completely random?

BTW, why aren't you running the SMP client on your C2D machine?

i don't think there's anything special...maybe it's one of the big WUs though :confused:

as for the c2d, it's my ut3 development rig/school programming rig, so it's not set to fold at all times, so deadlines would be cutting it too close

Hit 500,000 today! I've been so swamped lately, hopefully work calms down next week. Give me time to post once in a while again.

I just passed 800,000. I've been having some difficulties with my machines, so my production has dropped off a bit. Hopefully I have have at least one more machine going before I hit a million points. I'm aiming for 1.5 million by next July.

I wanted to hit 500K before 12/23 (3mo anniv) and I hit it early! So now I am hoping I can scrounge up some other borgs to hit 600K by the 23rd. I lost a Core2 2.2Ghz mobile borg yesterday =(

yea standard....have 3 of 4 standard clients hitting 500 point WUs almost consistently for the last month and a half (hence my 40,000 pt month last month, and probably over that this time around)....my SMP has been consistently hitting the fast WUs too, which is always nice :D

edit: also been hitting the 2611 a few times which is worth 682 points!

yea standard....have 3 of 4 standard clients hitting 500 point WUs almost consistently for the last month and a half (hence my 40,000 pt month last month, and probably over that this time around)....my SMP has been consistently hitting the fast WUs too, which is always nice :D

edit: also been hitting the 2611 a few times which is worth 682 points!
How the heck does one get these WUs!? I'm contemplating shutting down my dual Coppermine machine because all I get are those sub-200 point WUs that take a long time to process for little in return. :rolleyes:

How the heck does one get these WUs!? I'm contemplating shutting down my dual Coppermine machine because all I get are those sub-200 point WUs that take a long time to process for little in return. :rolleyes:

The only rig I don't get these on is my P4 machine, but that only has 256 megs RAM....i started getting these consistently after i put a gig each in my athlon XP and A64 3500 rigs....my laptop has always been getting them (but it's a bit faster than the others :p )

The only rig I don't get these on is my P4 machine, but that only has 256 megs RAM....i started getting these consistently after i put a gig each in my athlon XP and A64 3500 rigs....my laptop has always been getting them (but it's a bit faster than the others :p )
Well, I have at least 512MB of RAM on this system, but it's an older PIII computer. BTW, do you have the -bigWU flag in your FAH executables? Also, can you tell me the exact protein name of the 500 and 600-point WUs? I'm curious to know so I can research them a bit. Thanks.

Although a thread was previously started for this milestone, I managed to finally hit 1 million points. Only took several years to do it, but it's been worth it.

Plus, I managed to do it before the end of the year. At least I know it won't take me as long to get to 2 million as I'm set to have that done before this time next year at my current pace. If I'm able to do an addition or two in the next few months I'm actually hoping to get there within 6 months.

See y'all then.

Well, I have at least 512MB of RAM on this system, but it's an older PIII computer. BTW, do you have the -bigWU flag in your FAH executables? Also, can you tell me the exact protein name of the 500 and 600-point WUs? I'm curious to know so I can research them a bit. Thanks.

i don't have the big wu flag on, but i DID enable the setting for large WUs (something or other about filesize, don't remember off hand)....

just to give you an idea, i've had 28 2416s, 15 2417s, 18 2418s, 11 2425s, 2 2426s, 27 2427s, 5 2611s for a grand total of 53910 points over the last ~4months (I think the first I saw them was roughly mid September, maybe a bit earlier), which is a pretty healthy amount for a few fairly slow rigs (and now them flying on my laptop when it's folding) added on top of my SMP rig

the 682 pointer is 2611
the 500 pointers are 2416-2418, 2425-2427

hope that helps a bit

i don't have the big wu flag on, but i DID enable the setting for large WUs (something or other about filesize, don't remember off hand)....

just to give you an idea, i've had 28 2416s, 15 2417s, 18 2418s, 11 2425s, 2 2426s, 27 2427s, 5 2611s for a grand total of 53910 points over the last ~4months (I think the first I saw them was roughly mid September, maybe a bit earlier), which is a pretty healthy amount for a few fairly slow rigs (and now them flying on my laptop when it's folding) added on top of my SMP rig

the 682 pointer is 2611
the 500 pointers are 2416-2418, 2425-2427

hope that helps a bit
OK, I reinstalled the client since I just completed a WU and selected 'big' for WU assignment. Thanks for the info!

I hit my 600k by 3 months goal! I wish I could keep this production up forever...but someone at work will be looking for these boxes soon. Would be nice to be able to make my next goal 1 million by 4 months, but I don't know how many more clients I would need and how long I can retain the current ones.

600k, and rising. Took me a bit longer than WharfRat to hit 600k, but I will keep plugging away at it.

Not much compared to many, but it's only 9:30 here and I've already turned in 1129 points. My biggest day ever, and it looks like I may turn in another 300 or so before the end of the day!!

Merry Christmas [H]orde!!!!

Passed 6,000,000 points a couple of days ago.
Most of the farms down for a rebuild at the moment.
Aiming for 25k PpD once its all back up.

Luck .......... :D

Passed 6,000,000 points a couple of days ago.
Most of the farms down for a rebuild at the moment.
Aiming for 25k PpD once its all back up.
That's a mad amount of PPD. Are all of these home systems?

400k..now were getting somewhere!
:) :) :) :)

i want to reach 800000 by the time i turn it all off when heating is no longer required :)

400k..now were getting somewhere!
:) :) :) :)

i want to reach 800000 by the time i turn it all off when heating is no longer required :)

you just need to find a way to turn all that heat into energy, which powers your air conditioning......... get on it! :D

Back