Hit a Folding (Stanford) milestone? Post it here:

If you are folding on your 8800gtx it may be time to consider an upgrade if funds allow, a GTS 450 will produce 7-9k ppd for a lot less power roughly, 100watts per hour. Thats probably $10 a month depending on your electric cost, the same could be said of the 8800GTS depending on whch version it is.

I agree. You can get one for around $100 if you look around. You'll double the output of the 8800GTX, reduce heat..and if you fold on it for a year, it will basically pay for itself in the energy it saves from using the old one.

Yeah the G80's are not the most economical folders. If you do upgrade maybe you could sell it real cheap to one of the members who is still in college living in dorms, not having a usage based power bill was sweet!

Finally hit 10 Million yesterday.

Sitting at 102. Thought I was actually going to make the top 100, but that is not going to happen with my rear view mirror like it is.

The good thing is, I never turned the heat on in my apartment this winter. Still have the A/C on. The bad thing is, when the weather starts warming, I am going to have to shut down fr the summer. No telling how far I will drop before cold weather comes back.

Fish :cool:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=130481

Sitting at 102. Thought I was actually going to make the top 100, but that is not going to happen with my rear view mirror like it is.

The good thing is, I never turned the heat on in my apartment this winter. Still have the A/C on. The bad thing is, when the weather starts warming, I am going to have to shut down fr the summer. No telling how far I will drop before cold weather comes back.

don't worry... I will pass over while your sleeping... shouldn't feel a thing...

8m

10 million w0000000t!

Im moving some CPU to march madness thing, so will be more mowable.

With the big box I have for testing and Linux BIGADV I am kicking in 300K a day right now. With that I hit 8M!! I am also now in the top ten PPD which is damn impressive considering it is pretty much one machine putting me there.

looks like i spoke too soon. bionic/spinhenge just sits there retardedly asking for work and not getting any. I have started the machines back at folding till i can find out wtf is happening.

don't worry... I will pass over while your sleeping... shouldn't feel a thing...

8m

I see that there are going to be several mowing me soon. I am going to attempt some equipment upgrades this summer. At least one big ADV box. Might just build me a new i7 and put both of my GTX295's in it and go with that.

13 mil. my kid was addicted to Mafia II on Rig#2 for the last week or so and was borking my GPU2 folding on it. Hopefully my ppd will go up a little

Well, I do not have a million points or an incredible amount of work units either... I just wanted to say thank you to everyone. I lost a sister to cancer so this means a lot to me. Again, thanks.

Well, I do not have a million points or an incredible amount of work units either... I just wanted to say thank you to everyone. I lost a sister to cancer so this means a lot to me. Again, thanks.
thanks for stopping by. we'll keep fighting the good fight.

good job everyone.... fold ahead full throttle...

Can fish wear a hat?

pimphat.jpg

:p

D'oh! don't i get a pimp hat :(
I even posted all in purple as a hint!

Not sure whether this should be noted but i've just mowed Relic:eek::cool:

lol... nice...

got some months before I will slide into the top few slots

87 up 31 from last week... I paused to sharpen the blades... I think all boxen are ready for the next push....was eying some reinforcements...

13m and back up full tilt....

Damn right the Fish can wear a hat. I will wear it with pride :D
Took too long to get here not to appreciate it. I gotta do some hardware upgrades
this summer though. Too many things out there with better PPD/Watt to keep running this old junk.

Back