Help! Sugestions for getting new antivirus

Hi I am using Norton 360 2007 and it is going to soon expire and was wondering if I should get the 2008 verson or find another antivirus (if so can you sugest one)

nod32 is generally accepted around here as being the best. I can tell you that I highly recommend it.

I will also tell you that norton sucks, but I'm guessing you already know that.

Avira AntiVir and NOD32 are tied for #1 spot,a nd I recomment Avira for home users because they have a free version and NOD32 does not.

Nod32, although Ive heard some good things with Blink from eeye.com

NOD32, Anti-VIr. Just depends on if you want to pay or not. I setup all my friends and family that are cheap with Anti-Vir and everyone else with ESET NOD32. :D

NOD32 is my choice as well...very unobtrusive while active, uses less resources in my experience than most other AVs.

Nod32 for a paid solution
Avira AntiVir for a free solution

Free AVG 8.0. Nuff said

http://www.av-comparatives.org says no. Though admittedly only the latest test did 8.0 and while both Avira and NOD32 beat AVG, Avira did unfortunately rate as having many false positives. AVG did as well, while NOD32 had few. Avira had better detection rates than NOD32 at the cost of false positives. I must say my personal experience has NOD32 falsing more, though, and that would be with the Tetrinet-derived Blocktrix. I run Avira at home and NOD32 at work.

http://www.av-comparatives.org says no. Though admittedly only the latest test did 8.0 and while both Avira and NOD32 beat AVG, Avira did unfortunately rate as having many false positives. AVG did as well, while NOD32 had few. Avira had better detection rates than NOD32 at the cost of false positives. I must say my personal experience has NOD32 falsing more, though, and that would be with the Tetrinet-derived Blocktrix. I run Avira at home and NOD32 at work.

Meh, its free and works for me, I no longer can justify paying for AV

Back