Wow this sounds terrible. Also, I don't think this is possible for adults. Coordinating 4 adults is extremely difficult and not realistic. Most gamers play solo queue.
Rarely had issues coordinating raids in mmos, let alone groups of only 4, that I've played really now for 2+ decades. Sounds like a personal problem.

Reactions: Dan_D
like this
Rarely had issues coordinating raids in mmos, let alone groups of only 4, that I've played really now for 2+ decades. Sounds like a personal problem.
Lmao if you really think that is the popular and common reality you're dreaming. Sure you have your group but I assure you my group is larger, I have a clan of 150 friends over 25 years now if you want to know the truth and I am the founder. That doesn't change the fact that most people don't have that luxury and trying to rub it in their face isn't the move either.

Friends and I were able to battle the queue and get in for an hour or 2 yesterday (queues on a Tuesday afternoon, wtfffffffffff).

It really is amazing to experience the progression in this game. I *never* would have guessed we would make it to Suicide difficulty.

A couple of our squad run it on Linux. One fairly consistently, the other experiencing problems getting booted on map load in/out. Seems like the community has pretty decent Linux support, if that's your thing.

I had a blast with this game yesterday, fired it up in the morning and I was instantly in my first match. Tried again last night and I was surprised that I got in with no ques, I was able to play for 3-4 hours flawless with matchmaking.

I ended up in a squad with another guy that had his mic and was brand new as well to the game. We had a 3rd join in and all 3 of us just chatted and played the game, managed to work ourselves up to the challenging difficulty and we couldn't stop laughing.

I haven't had this much pure, chaotic fun in a long time. I'm so happy they fixed matchmaking because it was perfect and the voice chat was so good.

I have the itch to upgrade my PC again, thinknits finally time my poor gtx 1080 goes to its retirement. However after doing some tweaks I'm pulling a near solid 60 fps, it's just not the prettiest lol. (Mainly low/medium settings and the performance mode scaling option set)

Screenshot_20240222-052836.png

Helldiver's fan oh noes

Patch this morning added the AFK timer.

Who is playing over a mobile connection?
Rural gamers and people that live in shitty condos/apartments and only have access to the worst deals because of exclusivity clauses in their buildings.

Sometimes it's cell modems or a good ungreased butt fucking from Comcast. In that case you can get better speeds and prices with a cell modem lol.

My son has been playing this since it came out without issues, even on the 7900 XTX. He gave it a 10 out of 10. May give it a go, but my tolerance for multiplayer idiocy is extremely low.

Most randoms I've come across are decent enough to do a good job/complete missions. You'll have a lot of fun regardless.

is this still difficult to play due to queues or other network problems? kinda blows my mind...
Last night I was still getting the server capacity full message.

They haven't added afk kick, a queue system, or server capacity.

So wait another week at least it is looking like unless you are feeling lucky.

There's definitely a queue still, but I got in after 10ish minutes. No idea how it's going to look this weekend, though. The just-added AFK timer may help, if that ever contributed to the queue-fucking.

There's definitely a queue still, but I got in after 10ish minutes. No idea how it's going to look this weekend, though. The just-added AFK timer may help, if that ever contributed to the queue-fucking.
Got home from work yesterday, I popped on to get a couple rounds in. Ended up waiting 90 minutes in the queue. Saw a buddy of mine playing without issue. Immediately closed game and joined him, got in instantly. wtff

Last night I was still getting the server capacity full message.

They haven't added afk kick, a queue system, or server capacity.

So wait another week at least it is looking like unless you are feeling lucky.
AFK kick was added in a patch this morning (around 10:00 UTC).

They announced a boost in capacity up to 700,000 - I think the CEO's speculation is correct that it will simply fill up, but hey - more capacity is definitely a better chance of getting in. Can confirm having played almost 20 hours on Playstation that they need to fix bugs, but when the game isn't kicking you out of matches with your buddies like a geriatric homeschool teacher finding out you decided to play a game with guns, it is some of the most fun I've had since Halo forge mulitplayer:
https://www.videogameschronicle.com...0-but-ceo-warns-it-will-still-likely-max-out/

Another bit that I found real interesting (I can only cite this YT video cause I d'on't have twotter), but according to this guy, the CEO posted that people should hold off on buying the game until it is fixed. Those are words I would NEVER imagine a company to say and to me is a sign of commitment to quality and care for the customer:
(cited above around timestamp 7:14)

View: https://youtu.be/Nf9H_tQnX0g?si=o3o3mXjzRgA2cMWb&t=434

If you've got time, the rest of this guy's analysis of Halo IP handling vs. HellDivers is really good too.

to me is a sign of commitment to quality and care for the customer:
Yeah no doubt. They've already shown that commitment in their every-other-day patches, and it's pretty understandable to expect launch bugs for a game that skipped Early Access entirely.

But *damn* if they were expecting 50k tops at launch, and end up getting 400k+, that's some short-cited shit lol.

Yeah no doubt. They've already shown that commitment in their every-other-day patches, and it's pretty understandable to expect launch bugs for a game that skipped Early Access entirely.

But *damn* if they were expecting 50k tops at launch, and end up getting 400k+, that's some short-cited shit lol.
The game had almost 0 hype, and the previous game was a top down shooter. I don’t think anyone expected this game to be pushing 500k concurrent players. I played the first one and still wasn’t sure if the move to 3rd person would be handled well.

I think I might finally get it now that things seem to be stabilizing.

Another bit that I found real interesting (I can only cite this YT video cause I d'on't have twotter), but according to this guy, the CEO posted that people should hold off on buying the game until it is fixed. Those are words I would NEVER imagine a company to say and to me is a sign of commitment to quality and care for the customer:
(cited above around timestamp 7:14)

View: https://youtu.be/Nf9H_tQnX0g?si=o3o3mXjzRgA2cMWb&t=434

If you've got time, the rest of this guy's analysis of Halo IP handling vs. HellDivers is really good too.

I posted an IGN article on the last page that quotes the CEO saying you should hold off buying the game if you hadn't yet.

https://hardforum.com/threads/helldivers-ii.2028063/post-1045835245

Yeah same. Quickplay doesn't work for me, however. Waiting 5+ minutes and no matches.
weird, thats been working for me the last 3 days. having no problem finding players to join or using quickplay.

weird, thats been working for me the last 3 days. having no problem finding players to join or using quickplay.
Me too, quick play has been absolutely flawless for me. My only issue is how many players don't use mics, but I've made a few gaming friends already through this game lol.

Automaton Extraction mission on Helldive difficulty is utterly broken.

We absolutely smack every other mission at this point but this one is impossible.

It's supposed to be a 40 minute mission but for some reason it's condensed to just 14 minutes and I believe all available bots in that 40 minutes come within that 14 minute timer. The whole map comes in too.

As soon as you hit the button for civilians to extract, you get absolutely bombarded with ship drops in every direction and it continues and continues and continues. Most my buddies and I can muster is 30 civilians out of the 50 or so needed.

Tried all night and wasn't successful.

Anyone have a go at it? It's impossible.

Last edited:
CEO Johan Pilestedt describes the panic the studio went through when they realized how popular the game was becoming in the days leading up to release and the disaster that followed when the game finally went live. I am also honestly shocked that the game is so popular after there seemed to be zero hype for it on the internet, even here as I regularly posted updates.

https://www.pcgamer.com/games/third...-saw-the-graph-justplayers-rising-and-rising/

A fun, campy sequel that likely appeals to more gamers than the first one's top down view, that costs only $30-40? In a saturated market of AAA(A) wasteland? Not too hard to see it might do well. It is a rather meme worthy game, streamers like it for that. Its not like the Vermintide/Darktide games didn't prove the forumla still had legs after Left For Dead type games started it years ago. Last year's Starship Troopers Extermination was a hit for 1-2 months too. Sadly that game is still early access and has a ton of issues. That is just from the gaming perspective let alone the cultural/political influences going on right now.

I think the real test will be how long the hype lasts given HD2's game design, the anti-cheat stuff and server stability. It may end up being another Darktide that gets boring after 30-50 hours for most players or worse, ST: Extermination's failures with gameplay, balance, cheating etc..

Reminds me of Aliens Fireteam Elite. A decent game marred by really bad bad design choices. 3 player only, weird monetization of weapon skins, no voice comms built in, and no text chat either. Just awkward emotes. Such a shame as that game had the atmosphere down pat.

My son has been playing this since it came out without issues, even on the 7900 XTX. He gave it a 10 out of 10. May give it a go, but my tolerance for multiplayer idiocy is extremely low.
That's where I'm at, but I have a lot of friends that play this so I decided to give it a try. I'm really enjoying it. I've played a lot of extraction type shooters over the years and this is one of the best I've ever played.

Last edited:
A fun, campy sequel that likely appeals to more gamers than the first one's top down view, that costs only $30-40? In a saturated market of AAA(A) wasteland? Not too hard to see it might do well. It is a rather meme worthy game, streamers like it for that. Its not like the Vermintide/Darktide games didn't prove the forumla still had legs after Left For Dead type games started it years ago. Last year's Starship Troopers Extermination was a hit for 1-2 months too. Sadly that game is still early access and has a ton of issues. That is just from the gaming perspective let alone the cultural/political influences going on right now.

I think the real test will be how long the hype lasts given HD2's game design, the anti-cheat stuff and server stability. It may end up being another Darktide that gets boring after 30-50 hours for most players or worse, ST: Extermination's failures with gameplay, balance, cheating etc..

Reminds me of Aliens Fireteam Elite. A decent game marred by really bad bad design choices. 3 player only, weird monetization of weapon skins, no voice comms built in, and no text chat either. Just awkward emotes. Such a shame as that game had the atmosphere down pat.
It's got maybe 35 to 40 hours of legitimate content before stuff gets dry and you're really not progressing any further. Sure, there's ship modules that you farm resources to unlock them all, but you don't need them all. I hit lvl 40 and I've already uninstalled. Needs more content to unlock keep the game moving forward. Hell of a fun time though until you get to that point.

Will be back first day once they add the third faction. Game has tons of potential.

Last edited:
It's got maybe 35 to 40 hours of legitimate content before stuff gets dry and you're really not progressing any further. Sure, there's ship modules that you farm resources to unlock them all, but you don't need them all. I hit lvl 40 and I've already uninstalled. Needs more content to unlock keep the game moving forward. Hell of a fun time though until you get to that point.

Will be back first day once they add the third faction. Game has tons of potential.
I'm at 63 total hours on Steam, who knows how much of that was queue fuckery. I'm not so much addicted to the progression, as I am with the gameplay. Mechs and a new faction are coming very soon, from what they're saying. Maybe a month or two.

https://www.ign.com/articles/helldi...the-games-best-loadout-adds-planetary-hazards

New patch nerfs the breaker, Railgun and shield :(

Also adds hazardous environmental events such as fire tornados and meteor showers.
Yeah I dunno man. The devs took away a tool which they admit became popular because alternatives were lackluster… without offering up any alternatives or improvements. I haven't tested the Laser Cannon yet, but the Flamethrower buff doesn't help much at all. Still takes 3/4 a tank and 5-10 seconds to kill a charger with it. Not to mention you need to be within armlength of one to do that.

Higher difficulties drop 3-4 of these fucking chargers a patrol. Couldn't they just nerf the leg armor on them instead?

I just fired this up for the first time today and joined with a friend, once the loading screen appeared after deploying the mission my laptop just went black, no ctd or bsod, just straight off. I’ve never seen anything like that before. I turned it back on and was able to join and complete the mission, we played one more and that went fine. Friend logged off and I wanted to play one more so joined some randoms, and the same thing happened again. Have any of you seen anything like this? I found a couple steam forum posts reporting the same thing, but no resolution.

I just fired this up for the first time today and joined with a friend, once the loading screen appeared after deploying the mission my laptop just went black, no ctd or bsod, just straight off. I’ve never seen anything like that before. I turned it back on and was able to join and complete the mission, we played one more and that went fine. Friend logged off and I wanted to play one more so joined some randoms, and the same thing happened again. Have any of you seen anything like this? I found a couple steam forum posts reporting the same thing, but no resolution.
It's on the list of known issues. It happens when many people are trying to play the game at the same time.

Back