It's on the list of known issues. It happens when many people are trying to play the game at the same time.
Well, I guess that’s good news rather than it being something on my end.. but how tf can a game cause your pc to just instantly power off like that? Crazy.

https://www.ign.com/articles/helldi...the-games-best-loadout-adds-planetary-hazards

New patch nerfs the breaker, Railgun and shield :(

Also adds hazardous environmental events such as fire tornados and meteor showers.
*prays that devs don't hear and nerf*
The Slugger shotgun is a fantastic substitute for the breaker, especially against the bots. Also a buddy has been using the laser cannon and Arc Thrower and destroys enemies with them. I've been trying to figure out the Orbital Gas drop....it seems to not work well and then suddenly take out a whole squad of bots. Not sure how to most effectively use it without trenches in the game.

Well, I guess that’s good news rather than it being something on my end.. but how tf can a game cause your pc to just instantly power off like that? Crazy.
You said the screen went black, not that your laptop turned off. That is definitely not a game issue. The issue I was referring to was getting stuck in a loading loop.

Man oh man - I jumped in last night to see how the "balance fixes" were and boy did the game become more difficult. Railgun is now absolute shit imho. Breaker's ammo clip getting cut makes it no longer a go to weapon either.

Seems like spawns are more potent too. Mech's I believe are now available for LVL 25's and up.

Overall - it's a refreshing update to keep things interesting but I really wish the Railgun wasn't touched. It was so good, yet still required a decent amount of skill to hold and aim.

Man, nothing will ever make me rage more than getting one-shot by a Rocket Raider from halfway across the map, hidden by massive amounts of fog.

I've also realized the mech isn't nearly as viable to use against Automatons as they are against bugs.

Overall - it's a refreshing update to keep things interesting but I really wish the Railgun wasn't touched. It was so good, yet still required a decent amount of skill to hold and aim.
Yup. Only a few options left to take out chargers at higher difficulty. Orbital rail cannon is my go to now.

Just upgraded my gpu and holy crap does this game look so much better when you can run it on settings above low. Like a brand new game when it's on 4k native with high settings lol.

Got to jump in last night after not playing since before the patch. The new environmental hazards are amazing! I had to hoof it through an active meteor storm amd it was intense lol.

I've absolutely noticed the hit to the breaker shotgun, but this makes me so happy. It's pushing me to experiment and just have fun, that said I can see why players are pissed about the rail gun nerfs.

How long till the fun runs out though? I mean you're playing against bots? I'm trying under the longevity of this game playing against AI?

Sorry for the late response, but I'm still playing the game. My one and only metric is fun. If I'm having fun I play, if not I move onto something else. If that's in 40, 80, 1000 hours it's all good. I'm not one of those people that thinks or needs a game to perpetually entertain me and I'm perfectly ok with shelving something after 20 hours.

Patch today
Reduced the spawn rate of Chargers and Bile Titans on difficulties 7 and up

Lowering the health of the Charger’s head. It should now be at a point where a well placed shot from a Recoilless Rifle or EAT-17 instantly kills a charger"

Electronic Countermeasures" operation modifier, which had a chance of giving you a random stratagem instead of the one you input, has been removed in order to be reworked

Bought last weekend, tried to play for like an hour and couldn’t. Had to refund.

Patch today
Reduced the spawn rate of Chargers and Bile Titans on difficulties 7 and up

Lowering the health of the Charger’s head. It should now be at a point where a well placed shot from a Recoilless Rifle or EAT-17 instantly kills a charger"

Electronic Countermeasures" operation modifier, which had a chance of giving you a random stratagem instead of the one you input, has been removed in order to be reworked

I don't think they really nerfed it on all missions.

The kill bugs mission is brutal now. They pumped the number up to 425 and bugs spawn immediately. No more turret builds to get an easy XP.

My buddies and I realized using all orbitals and strikes on that mission is the way to go.

It's more fun than before.

Another note - the new premium tier hit and it looks alright. I had enough SC to buy it so I did.

Lot of Arc damage stuff which is nice.

Easily. It has nothing to do with the games beyond them being demanding enough to cause the GPU to draw a ton of power super quick. Many PSU's can't handle that near instant ramp up and their overcurrent protection kicks in shutting the unit down.

Easily. It has nothing to do with the games beyond them being demanding enough to cause the GPU to draw a ton of power super quick. Many PSU's can't handle that near instant ramp up and their overcurrent protection kicks in shutting the unit down.
Must be what’s happening, but I’ve thrown every modern game you can think of at this laptop, this only happens in this game and only during deployment, once I’m in it’s fine.

Picked this up last night after listening to my son gush about it, watching a bunch of videos, and reading articles about what this studio has and is doing. Dunno if everything I watched was biased, but this game did look special. So I pulled the trigger and went with the upgraded version to support these developers.

After playing a bit and getting my ass kicked (I'm learning), I think this game is special and I think throwing a few extra bucks at the developers is worth it. Has anyone confirmed the Konami code for one of the prompts? :p

I had fun with Helldivers, but this is way different.

My son and I are playing this. He plays on his PC for a bit and then I start it on mine since we share a steam account. We are having a lot of fun with it and I love that I finally have a system that I can put everything on ultra settings and still have it run incredibly smooth.

My son and I are playing this. He plays on his PC for a bit and then I start it on mine since we share a steam account. We are having a lot of fun with it and I love that I finally have a system that I can put everything on ultra settings and still have it run incredibly smooth.

Is it just the two of you doing missions or do you add randoms to your group? Just wondering what the difficulty is like with two people.

The new Steam beta has an upgraded family account system where up to 6 people can share an account and play games on it at the same time. Not sure if that means you can play the same game at the same time, but might be something to look into.

New weapons and armor next week.

Includes a bolt action rifle, which I'm kind of excited about.

RDT_20240404_2344131313470865434076854.png

New weapons and armor next week.
Thermite grenade? Amazing.

Also, I REALLY hope that gas mask for the "ground breaker" set can block out the toxic gas from the Orbital Gas Strike. The strike itself is real finnicky, but I've been able to kill lots of bugs if they're in their pits, and if I could dump a gas strike and then stride in to close the bug holes right away....that would be killer.

Thermite grenade? Amazing.

Also, I REALLY hope that gas mask for the "ground breaker" set can block out the toxic gas from the Orbital Gas Strike. The strike itself is real finnicky, but I've been able to kill lots of bugs if they're in their pits, and if I could dump a gas strike and then stride in to close the bug holes right away....that would be killer.
Probably not the helmet, as no helmets have any properties. But that armor? Hell yeah that's a great idea. Trends with the last Warbond's arc resistance too!

Serious question, is the game actually playable now? Last time I tried a month ago it was insane queues and I never actually got to play. I refunded.

Serious question, is the game actually playable now? Last time I tried a month ago it was insane queues and I never actually got to play. I refunded.
It's had some crashing issues since the last update, but I haven't been in a queue for a month now.

I haven't had to wait more than 30 seconds at most for a game. I've only crashed once but I was trying to leave the game anyways and it froze while shutting down. Didn't have to PC restart.

Ya im not seeing the same number of crashes as I was before. Much more playable now.

However, now that I've posted this I'm sure the game will start crashing excessively again 😁

Back