Hearthstone

Hopefully Naxx is a little more involved than the tutorial missions. Eagerly looking forward to beating it.

Hopefully Naxx is a little more involved than the tutorial missions. Eagerly looking forward to beating it.

I'm looking forward to it too, but I'm sure it will be much bigger than the tutorial missions (probably some taunts and lines too) and with singleplayer being a major factor they'll likely improve the AI as well.

I get the feeling some of the bosses may be very tough, especially if each one is carefully scripted and given a deck centered on a certain theme or playstyle.

I get the feeling some of the bosses may be very tough, especially if each one is carefully scripted and given a deck centered on a certain theme or playstyle.

It cant be that heavily scripted, if it is it will be a matter of hours before someone comes up with a win every time deck to defeat the script.

It cant be that heavily scripted, if it is it will be a matter of hours before someone comes up with a win every time deck to defeat the script.

Yeah, you're right. With scripted I more meant "optimized" so the AI can recognize and execute combo's or strategies that fit the overall theme of their deck.

Yeah, you're right. With scripted I more meant "optimized" so the AI can recognize and execute combo's or strategies that fit the overall theme of their deck.

Smarter AI would deff be a good thing.

can't wait for US mobile release :D

THought I saw that the ipad version was out. I just got a deal on a dell venue 8 pro (not that I needed another tablet, but couldnt pass up full desktop os on a tablet for the price) I'm currently installing the desktop version on it.

THought I saw that the ipad version was out. I just got a deal on a dell venue 8 pro (not that I needed another tablet, but couldnt pass up full desktop os on a tablet for the price) I'm currently installing the desktop version on it.
yeah, it's out now but I posted my comment a week ago ;)

you get a free pack of cards for playing on the iPad, too. I got a rare, a special, and a legendary in my free pack!

yeah, it's out now but I posted my comment a week ago ;)

you get a free pack of cards for playing on the iPad, too. I got a rare, a special, and a legendary in my free pack!

Nice, hopefully an android version doesn't take too long. It plays ok on the Dell Venue 8

I've not read all 17 pages of this thread. Coming from a physical CCG and DBG background, and this being free, I thought I would give it a shot. Anyone know of a website with the rules though? Blizzards website says hardly anything and a couple others I searched (gamepedia and ign) didn't have the current rules, probably just old beta rules (things like the coin flip and drawing three cards at the start).

I've not read all 17 pages of this thread. Coming from a physical CCG and DBG background, and this being free, I thought I would give it a shot. Anyone know of a website with the rules though? Blizzards website says hardly anything and a couple others I searched (gamepedia and ign) didn't have the current rules, probably just old beta rules (things like the coin flip and drawing three cards at the start).

Well nevermind. The installer says my cpu isn't enough (dual xeon e5-2650's).

I used to play Magic all the time with some guys from work and recently started Hearthstone. I definitely dig it so far. I'm guessing they will come out with new cards every season or something?

I've spent about $30 so far and have got a Cairne Bloodhoof and Nat Pagle. I've basically got a main deck that centers around + to other creatures and another deck with a ton of high cost heavy hitters.

I used to play Magic all the time with some guys from work and recently started Hearthstone. I definitely dig it so far. I'm guessing they will come out with new cards every season or something?

I've spent about $30 so far and have got a Cairne Bloodhoof and Nat Pagle. I've basically got a main deck that centers around + to other creatures and another deck with a ton of high cost heavy hitters.

I have been trying to get Carine for ages. I want to build the legendary warrior deck and basically I need the legendaries. I wish we could trade or something because I doubt I will ever finish building the deck since it seems I get like 1 legendary every 20 or so packs.

Got my first legendary yesterday. Golden illidan. Disenchanted it and made 3 legend capable decks. Including kolento hunter deck.

Got my first legendary yesterday. Golden illidan. Disenchanted it and made 3 legend capable decks. Including kolento hunter deck.

Wow thats nice. I've open around 100 packs now and have only gotten 7 legendaries and one 1 was golden and that was king muka.

Disenchanting golden legendary cards is a bad idea. If you have any interest in collecting gold cards at all (and you probably will eventually once you have everything) you'll have a really hard time getting the dust together to craft them. I've only gotten one gold legendary from opening packs in over 6 months of playing and opening probably 300 packs.

At least my gold leg. was Bloodmage Thalnos. I use him in a lot of decks. :)

I must be lucky today, got baron, leeroy, al'akir, both the shield slams I needed and lots of golden cards.

I am seriously loving this game. I've gotten a total of 7 hours sleep the last two nights because of it. Last night at 1pm I finally called it, went to bed, and at 2:43 I realized that I had somehow made it back to the couch. Beware, this one has hooks.

On a side note, 100 packs and 7 legendaries!? That seems crazy lucky. I have 3 from 100 packs.

I think the best part so far is that it becomes a never-ending "tinker-and-test" game with your decks (and this game can be played extremely rapidly). Build a deck, test it a couple times, address weaknesses, test it again. Rinse and repeat. It always feels like I'm polishing a gem to the perfect shine. Definitely have to be careful though as I've over-tinkered and completely fucked decks up several times.

One other note: I have it on both the PC and iPad. I never thought I'd say this about a card game but the PC version on 1440p looks amazing. The colors, the animations.. everything just looks spectacular. It actually makes the iPad version, even with retina display, look kind of janky. Haha PC FTW again -- even in a card game.

Last edited:
I have 5 legendaries, just got the beast today and I have onyxia and nat pagel, archmage antonidas and the goblin mekkatorque you got in beta for buying anything.

My current deck is a cheap ass deck..mostly commons no legendaries and it plays the best for me so far. Prior to making this deck I couldn't break rank 19. Rank 15 ATM, would be better but the daily quests keep being classes I dont play well :p

Edited to add, yes I am an idiot......do quests in casual mode so i dont lose rank....that just hit me today. :|

Last edited:
Wow, the floodgates really have opened on the Blizzard Hearthstone forums. There always have been some complaints about Hunter and some of its abilities, but now everyone wants a piece of the action.

So many topics, so many angry posts, discussions going in circles. (Not saying they don't have a point, but it feels as if the frustration has reached its boiling point the last few days)

It makes me wonder if Blizzard will comment on it.

Wow, the floodgates really have opened on the Blizzard Hearthstone forums. There always have been some complaints about Hunter and some of its abilities, but now everyone wants a piece of the action.

So many topics, so many angry posts, discussions going in circles. (Not saying they don't have a point, but it feels as if the frustration has reached its boiling point the last few days)

playing against UTH just isn't fun

You should try a real life physical CCG or DBG. Hearthstone is incredibly slow in compariso, it's one of the biggest reasons I can't stand it but really want to.

Uh no, MTG for example is incredibly SLOW compared to hearthstone.

Probably not. This is Blizzard in top form, as any WoW player can tell you. They change things around, one class becomes OP at PvP for a bit. Then they finally realize that, change thing back, usually with a nerf that's way too big, and finally get everything somewhat balanced. That remains until the next change when ti all repeats, but with a different class.

anyone of you still playing this?

I wish I had more cards but I dont want to spend any gold right now, saving it for the new content.

I just installed this on a friend's request. Aaaand....the game won't run for me, at all. When I click "Launch", I see the Heathstone cursor (gauntlet), and I hear the music, but I still see my desktop. There is no way to maximize the game and it just never comes up. Tried repairing, running Battle.net and Hearthstone as an administrator...nothing works. Even tried disabling my second monitor to see if that was causing a problem.

Any ideas?

I just installed this on a friend's request. Aaaand....the game won't run for me, at all. When I click "Launch", I see the Heathstone cursor (gauntlet), and I hear the music, but I still see my desktop. There is no way to maximize the game and it just never comes up. Tried repairing, running Battle.net and Hearthstone as an administrator...nothing works. Even tried disabling my second monitor to see if that was causing a problem.

Any ideas?

Video drivers up to date?

I had a similar problem, for the longest time the game would not launch on my PC, I edited tthe options.txt file ins

C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Local\Blizzard\Hearthstone

and changed

graphicsfullscreen:b=True

to

graphicsfullscreen:b=False

The game would run fine in windowed mode, recently did an OS reload due to getting a new SSD and now it works fine, but that might get it going.

Hmm...I went to change that line and the options file had like 3 lines it in, and that was not one of them. Might have to do a full re-install or something. I did a repair but obviously that didn't fix the options file.

This is all that is in my options.txt

graphicsquality:i=2
sound:b=True
music:b=True
connecttobnet:b=True
hasseencinematic:b=True
graphicsfullscreen:b=False

Yeah, mine only had those middle 4 lines (no graphics related ones). I'll try adding those and see what happens, but I did a full re-install and I still have the same problem.

EDIT: I figured it out. I use D3DOverrider to force Triple Buffering because I use VSync in most games. Apparently Hearthstone does not like this. This is the only game I have ever had a problem with due to this...very strange. Anyway, adding an exception for it seems to have made it work, though they are in the middle of scheduled maintenance right now so I can't see if it goes all the way in-game or not. At least now I can see something pop up when I start the game, though.

I still have not picked this up...I saw all the positive reviews but I'm not sure it will click with me. It is free though, so certainly no penalty (other than lost time) for trying it out.

I haven't played a card game since Magic the Gathering back in middle/high school - is Hearthstone worth a try? Also, any word on an Android version?

I still have not picked this up...I saw all the positive reviews but I'm not sure it will click with me. It is free though, so certainly no penalty (other than lost time) for trying it out.

I haven't played a card game since Magic the Gathering back in middle/high school - is Hearthstone worth a try? Also, any word on an Android version?

Yes, I find it enjoyable for an hour or two, not to much time commitment required per game.
Android version nothing official I will guess 6 months.

It is definitely worth checking out. Personally I find the whole thing going a bit stale due to Blizzard's slow rate of changes.

Just don't put any money in it until you decide you like it. I find there are serious balance issues that keep me from being interested. Don't fall in to the trap of "Oh I'll throw down $20 to get some good cards, THEN it'll be good!" If you end up having fun without paying, then sure, toss them cash, but if it isn't fun for free don't pay2win to make it better.

Liking this game so far, though I haven't spent any money on it yet. I mainly tend to use a priest deck, how do they tend to fare in higher level play?

Back