Health Issue

beekeeper

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - Feb. 2011/Sept. 2012
I have been diagnosed with prostate cancer. For those in the know it is t2a, gleason 3+3, and psa 4.99. For those who do not know what that means,they found it early and it probably has not spread.I am to have surgery to remove the prostate on the 20th.

Wow, I hope everything works out well.
We're here for you....

man, sorry to hear about the news.

I will say a prayer and keep on folding.

Getting the news you have cancer is never a good thing. It sounds like you caught it early and prostate cancer is one of the most survivable cancers with early detection.

As much as we macho men don't want to get checked, it really is key to survival.

Keep on folding.

dam that sucks man, wish you the best, and hope it was caught early enough

That really does suck. I hope the best for you, and wish that you get better soon. For the rest of us, this is why we fold [H]ard...

We're all behind you man, you will fight this off.

Sorry to hear that mate, although very glad you found it early... best of luck in your fight, I am sure you can beat it.

my prayers go out to you, and the folding will continue, we need to defeat this beast.......

Best of luck to you. Try and keep an optimistic and positive attitude. I believe that is the key to beating any disease.

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer in June of 2009. I don't remember the Gleason score but it was fairly aggressive and my psa was 10.1. I opted for radiation treatments for 9 weeks. 2 years later still doing good. My prayers are with you bro. You will beat this.

Good luck dude. There's a 200km bike ride coming up in the next month (in aid of a prostate cancer charity), maybe this is a sign I should do it...

Glad you caught it early bee. Good luck to you in this fight....we are all behind you...

All the best to you. You were wise to get it checked and not wait 2-3 years.

I am happy they found it early and wish you a speedy recovery.

Hope your surgery goes well beekeeper. We'll all keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Sorry to hear that but at least you have the good sense to keep on top of your health so it could be found early, lotsa us guys don't. Hope you have a speedy recovery bro.

Beekeeper, you will beat this. Check in to robotic surgery if that becomes an option. My Dad had prostate cancer 2 yeas ago and had robotic done. It was a very quick recovery time and minimal side effects due to the precision with which the robot can work. The robot can get very close to some important nerves without hurting them.

Well my friend, I have been away (work and life), but came to check in on the [H]order and found this. You WILL be in my prayers for a quick recovery.

Got home late yesterday. Everything went as expected. Now need to get through the recovery

Its good to hear that the procedure went well! Just take it easy and recover well.

I wish you the best during your recovery. Glad to hear that it went well!

Back