Found the spinpoint F3s at this site for around $72 shipped.
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Samsung/HD103SJ/
Note: Limit 1 per customer
Not bad considering they're sold out everywhere else.
has anyone bought anything from this retailer??
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Found the spinpoint F3s at this site for around $72 shipped.
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Samsung/HD103SJ/
Note: Limit 1 per customer
Not bad considering they're sold out everywhere else.
has anyone bought anything from this retailer??
Oh yeah, OWC is a huge mac shop, they have been around for years and years and have always done right by me. They also carry a really cool see-through lexan 2.5" drive enclosure I haven't seen anywhere else.
Thanks. Just ordered that Samsung spinpoint 1TB
2tb Hitachi's are onsale this weekend at my local frys for $97, looks like its time to grab a few while I can.
NewEgg Business currently lists the HITACHI Deskstar 0S03230 3TB 5400 RPM @ $129 (here) but NewEgg has the exact same drive for $219 (here). The item numbers in the URLs are even identical.
They are limiting to 1 per customer both ends though... for a business that's probably more of an issue than an end user.
These prices are going to boost SSD sales for sure.
While there is no doubt the prices are up, I can't fathom them going up much more at this same rate. There are plenty of consumers that can wait this out, and there is definitely a price point that will sufficiently lower demand.
You should see eBay.
I just saw a Buy It Now for 1 TB hard drive for $1100 and another hard drive from Seagate for $570. Other people are milking the low supply now for more money.
This is getting ridiculous. It makes you think twice whether outsourcing components to another country is a good idea. Sure, labor is cheap, but it would be nice if these companies had backup plans like an offsite storage facility or distribution center stocked with the needed components to manufacture the hard drives. Or, even better, an alternate company that can make them in another country.
If I wasn't strapped for cash for the past few months, I would have bought a 1 TB hard drive, but now they're all marked up 100 to 200% depending on where you go. Other places are sold out.
Right now, I'm digging through PriceWatch to find good prices on drives.
I may bite the bullet and buy a couple of 2tb seagates from bestbuy for $160 including tax. I would never do so under normal circumstances, but I'm not sure I can go 6 more months or longer without more storage.
I worded that poorly. The drives are $75 each plus tax.
Thanks, though!
NewEgg Business currently lists the HITACHI Deskstar 0S03230 3TB 5400 RPM @ $129 (here) but NewEgg has the exact same drive for $219 (here). The item numbers in the URLs are even identical.
They are limiting to 1 per customer both ends though... for a business that's probably more of an issue than an end user.