• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

HD4770 3dMark06 Scores

SonDa5

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
7,437
Single HD4770

HD47703dMark06singleGPU.JPG




2 HD4770s in Xfire.
CPU got read incorrectly by Futuremark in this score. Should read 4 ghz.

hd4770xfire3dmark06.JPG
 
I think riva tuner will allow you to overclock a bit more too

That would be nice if it did.

I did the "config" code trick to get RivaTuner to recognize the HD4770. With a single HD4770 it's possible to OC a single HD4770. Problem is that in Xfire only able to OC a single GPU. For Xfire to work right both GPUs have to be clocked exactly the same.
 
That would be nice if it did.

I did the "config" code trick to get RivaTuner to recognize the HD4770. With a single HD4770 it's possible to OC a single HD4770. Problem is that in Xfire only able to OC a single GPU. For Xfire to work right both GPUs have to be clocked exactly the same.

In Vista you can clone the overclock so that applying one to the first card will apply it to the second. This doesn't work in XP.
 
In Vista you can clone the overclock so that applying one to the first card will apply it to the second. This doesn't work in XP.

Wow! Finally found a reason to upgrade to Vista. :rolleyes:

Then again everybody complains that 3dMark06 runs better in XP. :D

Catch 22.
 
SonDa5, what are your OC settings on the 4770's ? I also have 4770 Xfire and got 18692 3Dmark06 at stock speeds.
BTW great job on the 24K score!
 
SonDa5, what are your OC settings on the 4770's ? I also have 4770 Xfire and got 18692 3Dmark06 at stock speeds.
BTW great job on the 24K score!



Thanks.

All over clocking on HD4770s was done using the CCC 9.5 drivers and "overdrive".


830/850

Stock bios. Stock voltage.

I'm sure I can get alot more out of them. :cool:
 
Whats funny, is that it beats a 'common system' of gtx 295 and i7 920

Most of it probably is from your smoking q9550 overclock
 
Whats funny, is that it beats a 'common system' of gtx 295 and i7 920

Most of it probably is from your smoking q9550 overclock

My CPU is close to it's limit with air cooling.

The HD4770 still has room for quite a bit more OC. Just have to figure out a few things. The ugly fan and heat sink and lack of heat sinks at these speeds really heat up.

I think I figure out why ATI removed the nice looking heat sink that was published in all the professional reviews, the reason is that with proper cooling this card could hit 1GHZ.

If people were aware of the power of this card I think alot more people would be buying them.

:cool:
 
Found a 30,000+ 3dmark06 score over at the Orb site.

2xHD4770 in Xfire.
 
I think I figure out why ATI removed the nice looking heat sink that was published in all the professional reviews, the reason is that with proper cooling this card could hit 1GHZ.

If people were aware of the power of this card I think alot more people would be buying them.

The cat's out of the bag (at least those who would overclock a card to 1 GHz and need it). Now they just need to beef up the 40nm power to the 5000 series.

But is your pair really getting hot? I thought they stayed cool.

Edit: Newegg has sold out of them. Popular!
 
sonda5, you convinced me to buy this card, and i'm not disappointed!
sapphire HD4770:
 
sonda5, you convinced me to buy this card, and i'm not disappointed!
sapphire HD4770:


It's a great video card.

I just ordered a Thermalrigth HR-03 Rev. A3.

I'm going to attempt to fit the TR on the top slot HD4770 and on the bottom I'm going to use a Arctic Twin Turbo. That should allow for plenty of cooling for OC pleasure. :)

Not sure if it will fit and work so don't go out and order this stuff just yet. I'm trying to improve cooling.
 
Last edited:
I have a thermalright V2 and the mounting holes are compatible with the hd4770...
Anyway for now, the stock heatsink is doing his job correctly!
 
I have a thermalright V2 and the mounting holes are compatible with the hd4770...
Anyway for now, the stock heatsink is doing his job correctly!



TH V2 is a great looking heat sink. Are you going to put it on your HD4770? If you do please post some furmark temp screen shots before and after.

I've read that a decent heat sink lowers the HD4770 temps quite a bit.
 
I finally mounted the TR V2:

before : load 72° /82° (outside the box/ in the case)
after: load 52°/ 64° (oustide/ inside)
I'm not using anymore furmark 'cause it blowed out one 88GT in the past @stock speed (the card probably had a weak voltage regulator but this soft highly stress gpu...)
On my DFI LP LT X48 T2R:
 
Last edited:
I finally mounted the TR V2:

before : load 72° /82° (outside the box/ in the case)
after: load 52°/ 64° (oustide/ inside)
I'm not using anymore furmark 'cause it blowed out one 88GT in the past @stock speed (the card probably had a weak voltage regulator but this soft highly stress gpu...)

Very nice drop in temperature.


Very creative with the 2 fans side by side.

Did you hard wire the fans in series to the video card for fan control? How did you do that?



What did you use to stress the gpu?

What did you use to measure temps?


Appreciate the info.
 
Very nice drop in temperature.


Very creative with the 2 fans side by side.

Did you hard wire the fans in series to the video card for fan control? How did you do that?

yes, with a papst 92mm 2 pins

What did you use to stress the gpu? i could not confirm to you it's full stable because i 'm not using furmark or occt: v3 only running my games

What did you use to measure temps? gpu-z


Appreciate the info.
this card rocks!
 
Wow, nice benchmarks. These sure are awesome cards. I haven't tried mine in 3dmark06 yet since the new 9.5 cats but I'm going to have to now. I haven't broken 20K yet with my core 2 duo @ 3.8 Ghz--I think I'm hit 18K when I last ran it under the Windows 7 RC...
 
Update.

New Sapphire HD4770s in Xfire baseline with ccc 9.6 drivers. (2x HD4770)


SapphireHD4770Xfirebaseline.JPG



Just getting a decent baseline established. I'd like to see at least 25,000 PR soon.
 
the M2G is a killing monster when it comes to oc both HD4770!
2 HD4770@900/1100:
21039.jpg
 
2 HD4770@1000/1100:


Sweet.

That M2G motherboard is nice. Kind of reminds me of the DFI P45 JR.


What OC settings does it have that allow you to tune the video cards?

Did you figure out a way to use Smart Dr. to tweak voltage on both HD4770 cards in Xifre?

If so how did you do it? :)
 
setting vgpu using smartdoctor works for both card now!
asus motherboard with "asus TOP card" work like a charm...
 
Back
Top