Halo Infinite

How is the single player campaign on PC? Is it worth picking up just for a fun shooter to play through? Does it look good on an OLED display?

How is the single player campaign on PC? Is it worth picking up just for a fun shooter to play through? Does it look good on an OLED display?
It is, if you like Halo games. The last few hours is repetitive and a bit of a slog but overall I enjoyed it.

Freaking amazing. Loved the campaign. The graphics are sharp and good in an old school way. One of the best games on PC right now. Multiplayer is mediocre but I got some hours out of it. Not sure why this title gets so much flak.

Does it have chapter select yet for single player? My favorite campaign was Reach as it was most vehicle focused. How does this compare? I've done 1,2,3,4, Reach and ODST.

Finally bought this game, haven't played Halo since the original.

Anyways running on my new Asus ROG 42 OLED this game looks sick. Plus I just made a change in the FOV setting from the default 78 to 120 now, and wow so much better:

Attachments

• PXL_20221023_181149368.MP.jpg
    PXL_20221023_181149368.MP.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20221023_181230861.jpg
    PXL_20221023_181230861.jpg
    433.4 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20221023_185432109.jpg
    PXL_20221023_185432109.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Halo Infinite ray tracing support will arrive for PC players in March 2023 when Season 3 kicks off, according to AMD...features include ray-traced shadows in both Big Team Battle and Arena...

Winter Update is now Live

The update brings a number of major new features to the game, including campaign network co-op play, a new battle pass, and beta access to Forge, Halo's long-awaited powerful creation tool...

Winter Update is now Live

The update brings a number of major new features to the game, including campaign network co-op play, a new battle pass, and beta access to Forge, Halo's long-awaited powerful creation tool...

Almost one year post-release, we finally get coop. Better late than never I guess.

As a huge Halo nerd, this game is honestly most disappointing BECAUSE it was so close to being amazing. The core gameplay and visual design was SO Good, it's just everything else... Ugh...

Did they ever fix the jitter with this one? It would be butter smooth in the prologue area, but as soon as I hit the open world, it was like a different game. I tried every setting under the sun and never could get it where I wanted.

Did they ever fix the jitter with this one? It would be butter smooth in the prologue area, but as soon as I hit the open world, it was like a different game. I tried every setting under the sun and never could get it where I wanted.
Had the same problem, played basically on release via gamepass. I just tried to minimize it as best I could and moved on. Probably has been fixed by now but I can't really check since my sub lapsed a while ago.

Had the same problem, played basically on release via gamepass. I just tried to minimize it as best I could and moved on. Probably has been fixed by now but I can't really check since my sub lapsed a while ago.

I'll probably download it again and give it another go once I'm done with God of War. I kept it installed for 4-5 months waiting on a fix. One never came. I eventually uninstalled it in the Spring.

I'll probably download it again and give it another go once I'm done with God of War. I kept it installed for 4-5 months waiting on a fix. One never came. I eventually uninstalled it in the Spring.
Well as you can see it takes 343 a while to get around to things. Since I already beat it I'm not going back either.

Might be pure brute force (I got my hands on a 4090) or some subsequent patches, but I'm actually able to play this without stuttering now. Now that I'm not endlessly irritated with performance issues, I don't think it's half bad. It's a bit monotonous, but that's kinda what Halo is all about. Since I don't have a ton else to play right now, the timing works too. I don't even remember the plot at this point, but luckily that doesn't seem to matter much.

Anyone elses game crashing on boot with xbox app for pc? I can't even get the game to load. Crashes on startup. Reset app and xbox app and ms store. Ran as admin. Nothing is working. Anyone else?

It was crashing more the last time i played it last month. It's that winter update. I wasn't getting many freezups crashes utill then

Since the 4090 finally made this playable, I ended up playing through the single-player portion of the game. For the most part, I had a good time with it. I liked the variety of weapons, the challenge, the vehicles, and the effort put into the map itself. I was an open-world Halo done in a way that worked. BUT, the final mission is an absolute slog. It's tedious, the bosses are cheap as hell, and it's phoned-in all at the same time. I hated it enough to nearly quit the game entirely. Whoever greenlit the end of this game really put a big damper on an otherwise okay game...if you have the right combination of horsepower + resolution/refresh rate to play it smoothly. at 4K, I can tell you that my 3090 was jittery as hell no matter what I tried.

Anyone having audio issues on the menus? I am hearing audio popping and crackling only in the menus. In game it's fine. This is on pc with xbox app.

Finally tried the Multiplayer it's really polished Dumb and slow it's just as good as Destiny. Except you don't die as fast. Just played one match called Ball you hold onto it to win. Used my Velvet Valari pillow with the match.

Picked up the Campaign downloading Multiplayer is ok but not something I would play all the time.

Nearly two years to the day since it was first released, Halo Infinite can finally be considered feature complete thanks to the release of the Firefight PvE mode

in other Halo news, Season 2 of the Paramount+ TV show will begin airing on February 8th 2024...the story starts around six months after the events of the first season...

Firefight: King of the Hill Trailer | Season 5: Reckoning | Halo Infinite

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_x0LVnITTg

Back